main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Star Wars Celebration IV

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AboutaSith, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Shifts as 3 1/2 hours Each, you need to do at least 2 to get the goodies. 2 shifts gets you 7 (1 Per Hr Worked) randomly selected autogtaphed pics (which peeps tend to trade depending on who they need/like).

You need to line up to get your own autographs though.

2. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    thanks for the info. my question though is not do we get random signed pics, but rather, is there opportunity for pics WITH the celebs not of the celebs? hope that made sense.

3. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    That would also be a negative. :( When your volunteering you gotta do the task at hand, there's no guarantee if you volunteer that you'd actually be attending to one of the signers. If your own crowd control you'd not be close to them. But with 5 long days there's plenty of time to get the pics and autographs.

I think the benfit of getting into the convention without having to line up is worth volunteering alone.

4. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Yay, I just bought our badges! [face_dancing]

5. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    okay, let me see if I can ask this the right way:

if i'm a member of MR but i'm not a official pix volunteer, can I come to the party?

that being said, is there the opportunity for candid / posed pics with the celebs?

6. JediLarryB

JediLarryB Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2003
    Only MR Collector's Society Members are invited to the party. If you are a 2007 Member, then you should have or should soon receive an e-mail invitation. If you are and you haven't, then you should contact them via e-mail or phone asap.

If you are not a 2007 CS Member, then you'd better do it PDQ, if you want to go to the MR Party. That's what I did during Comic-Con. I heard about the party after the invites went out. I joined the club, and sent them my info to RSVP for the party then.

Official Pix just happens to be supporting the event with, among other things, some of its autograph celebrities. But to tell you the truth, from past events (like the Gentle Giant Party at Comic-Con in 2005), the celebrities pretty much stayed to themselves, used the time to relax and chat, and no one really bothered them for pictures or autographs. Just think about it, after doing that all day long for pay, do they really want to spend their evening doing the same thing for free? I don't know, but I doubt it. On the other hand, would Official Pix and MR drag them to the party just to avoid the fans?

I say, just go to hang out with fellow collectors, have some snacks and refreshments, talk about the convention and all things Star Wars, get some freebies, win some prizes, and just enjoy yourself. If photo ops happen, cool. Just don't be disappointed if it's not that kind of event or the celebs aren't up for it. In any case, it's still worth it. Just relax and have some fun!

7. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    thanks for the clarification. yep that makes sense.:)

8. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    just bought my badges [face_dancing]

...registered for the movie marathon...not sure if i'll go...but just in case...also got my store hrs for Friday 5pm-7pm

9. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Yea! The IEFF will have a pretty decent presence at C-IV!

I think it would be great if we could plan on meeting for breakfast one morning before the convention doors open. That way we'll all connect up at least once at C-IV, see what everyone's schedules are, possibly help each other out with standing in line or holding seats.

At the Comic-Com, I found that co-ordinating with others and making sure to have fellow attendees cell numbers was a great help! Made it much easier for all of us to see more of what we wanted with a bit let line time.

10. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Updated Official Pix Signings

Where's the rest of the guests of honor? :_|

11. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Well, guys, barring a financial miracle, i can't go. :_|
    I think instead of crying over the spilled milk I'll make yogurt. ;) Besides, now i can get a portable DVD player and have my own Star Wars marathon! (portable becuase my dad would never agree to a marathon on the big TV)

12. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Go to www.usps.com and follow R2D2 to the Star Wars Post Office site and enter their competition to win a VIP trip to CIV!

13. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    I entered...but I doubt I'll win. I've entered contests all my life ands I've never won anything.

14. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    You never know, Cara. This could be the one time you win. Here is hoping everything goes well.

15. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Well, both of my parents are more okay with it now...of course they would wait until after the online deadline to say that... :rolleyes:

16. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Here's what I have hotel wise.

Bonaventure Hotel: 2 suites that each have 1 1/2 bathrooms, 1 bedroom & a separate living room and a refrig. and are 360 SQ FT. The cost is $369.00 a night.

I have two rooms at the Sheraton LA Downtown Hotel. I'm pretty sure each room has only one bed. One room is at the Gen Con rate of $179.00 a night and the other is at the regular rate of $329.00.

Hilton Checkers LA: 1 room with 2 Queen beds at $289.00 a night.
    Steve was the first person to ask, so, choice wise, he gets first pick. I now have other people asking me about the rooms I have reserved, so I need to know fairly quickly if anybody is interested in any of these. They're not that expensive if you have several people splitting the cost.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

17. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I'm just driving in on the days I am going. No need to keep one for me!

18. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    same here...thanks for the offer though

19. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    ACK! Even split in half the Sheraton is out of my price range. :( That is, unless we split it three ways and have a couple cots on the floor...

If that Grant Check doesn't get here, I swear I'm going to go crazy...:mad:

*does a little math*

Hold it...if I only get three nights and they don't take away from my check due to the dropped class...I just MIGHT be able to squeak by! [face_praying]

20. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    :( Exclusive Action Figures are revealed as......rejected concepts for the movie. [face_plain]

Not R2D2 & C3PO Figure

Not Luke Skywalker Figure

:(

As great as the artwork is for the figures there is a reason they were rejected and not used in the movie. I would have prefered a figure from the actual released movie we are there celebrating rather than what's been shown so far.

Those medallions in the new line of figures are horrible, very cheap looking.

When we gonna get announcements of what's actually happening? So far it's only stuff to spend money on and no actual schedule details so we can start planning our trips!

21. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I don't know for sure, but from what I've read and heard about C-III, scheduling info didn't come out until fairly close to the con date. It's frustrating, but there's not a thing we can do about it. [face_frustrated]

22. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Having seen the other figures in the series with the same medallions, they actually look pretty good. It's the plastic over top of the coins that's throwing you off...

23. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I looked at them in Target, they are lame. The medallion they gave away at Target with EPIII DVD, that's what they should have made them look like, that was a sweet medallion or even the ones they are giving away at CIV, those look sweet!

24. JediLarryB

JediLarryB Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2003
    You are correct, Kari.

For CIII, the Celebration Store merchandise and price list wasn't released until 15 days before Day 1 and the final schedule was out only 6 days before the start.

Patience is you ally.

25. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Sweet, this might help me alot since I wont be there for the full weekend.

Wattographs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.