main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Star Wars Celebration IV

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AboutaSith, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Oh, come on, am I the only one who thinks those figures are cool? I've watched the Special Features a whole lot and have always wondered what would have happened if they'd used the original concept art by Ralph McQuarrie. Makes you kinda glad they didn't, eh? The whole breathing mask thing just doesn't fit Luke Skywalker.

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Since I'm not much of a figure collector, I doubt that I'll get them. However, I do think they're incredibly cool. A real tribute to McQuarrie and the wonderful concepts he brought to our beloved SW universe.

3. JediLarryB

JediLarryB Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2003
    Well, I'm planning on picking up those figures at CIV, and I love the McQuarrie art. In fact, he signed a print I have (along with David Prowse) of Vader, Chewy and the Droids.

As for the McQuarrie images, those were what sold the studio on George's movie. They inspired the iconic images that we love today. They weren't meant to be literally translated on-screen, but without them there may not have been any Star Wars.

As for Luke, again, it was a "concept" of a hero confronting the villain. Luke's character had yet to be fully "fleshed out". Besides, when on other planets or in strange environments, you might wear a mask when you are unsure of the atmosphere. After all, Vader wore a mask. At the time, who knew why?

4. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
  5. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Jake Lloyd is guest of honor # 3 for official pix. 2 more to be announced!

info here

6. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    That's kool! Now they just need Ewan! YEAH! [face_dancing]

7. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    YAY! Jake Lloyd! [face_dancing] Now that's a kid I wouldn't mind meeting. Now if they can just reel in Ford and Hamill, I'm going regardless. Yikes, I need to starft of list of what I want to bring to be autographed. Anyone can get a pic; I'm bringing other stuff, like DVDs, figures, etc.

As long as I get that darned Grant Check soon, I am SOOOO there!

8. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Framed Autographed Ltd Edition Print > Autogrpahed Anything Else :p

6 weeks! [face_dancing]

9. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    EEK! Okay, I'm seriously starting to go nuts here. [face_worried] Still no Grant Check...and no word on it either. On Monday I'm marching into the office and asking what the heck the holdup is.

Hold those hotels just a bit longer, please!

10. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Met Jake Lloyd at Comic-Con 2 yrs. ago. He was very nice and we had a great conversation. Nice to hear he will be there. Is he 18 or 19 now?

11. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Think he's about 17, if he's already had a birthday. He was seven when they filmed Ep I.

12. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    He turned 18 on March 5. I was curious myself, so I checked on www.imdb.com. If you've never checked that site out, I highly recommend it for info on movies and actors.

13. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    18? Whoa! He looks about the same age and height as my younger brother.

14. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Thanks, for the info, Kari. I knew he was either the same age as Chrissy or a year younger. Now I know he is younger than her by a year.

15. JediLarryB

JediLarryB Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2003
    Blast! It looks as though my roomie at CIV is bailing on me due to a lack of fundage. He's still planning on attending, but will most likely be staying for free with some friends of his in Hollywood.

Just a heads up, because I may need to look for a possible roommate to share the cost of my room at the Holiday (Special) Inn; otherwise, I may just have to go it alone. PM me if any members are interested.

16. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    *gasp!* :eek:

I found out how much I'll be getting for my Grant Check. And if it comes by the middle of May (late, I know, but I'm desperate), I can DEFINATELY Go! [face_dancing] I just need to turn in the rest of the needed paperwork and then ask when that check will get here. Everything depends on when that check gets here.

Kari, when is the absolute latest you can hold that room at the Sheraton? And to whom does the GenCon discount apply?

17. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Sorry Carrie, but DH got asked for that room right after the meeting. I still have others, but they're around $300 a night. Are you planning on staying the whole time or one or two nights?

18. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Never mind, then. :( I'd barely be able to scrape by for one night. The most I can afford with all the stuff I need to do with it before C4 (paying back my parents, for example) is 90 a night for three nights; maybe 100 per night if I scrimp. And of course, the rooms one of my pals had from TJA have been cancelled.

If anyone can think of a way to divide one of those suites at the Bonaventure into fourths, or the Hilton Checkers into fourhts or even thirds, I'd be willing to do that. (I don't mind sleeping on the floor) Or the Hilton Checkers could be divvied in half and I'd only stay two nights.

If not... [face_worried]

19. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    :) check other hotels in the area or who else is staying where. as I said at the meeting, we paid $452 for FIVE days. han chewie paid less. hope this helps.

20. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Yeah, you can always stay in an area like Pasadena and get the train in from there too.

If you stay at a hotel on the Metro Line a one week pass is only $14, Pico Station is right accross the street from the convention center.

me, i'm gonna drive to sierra madre or anaheim depending on traffic and just get the rail in on the days I go.

5 weeks today! [face_dancing]

21. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    If you have decided to go to Celebration, then I'm sure accommodations will work out. Worst case is sleeping on the floor, the only thing is some people are still a little fuzzy about the hotel information at this point in time.

22. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey Cara, check your PMs. :)

23. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Woot, it's quicker for me to park at Anaheim and rail it in then to park at Sierra Madre. Less stations and no changes from Anaheim. [face_dancing]

24. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Well, I'm going to be turning in the rest of the Financial Aid paperwork tomorrow. I'll ask when that durn check will arrive then.

With as close as it's getting, my only two fears are:
    -getting there and back again (hobbit talk, LOL)
    -remembering everything

Other than that, as long as my check gets here soon, it looks like I'm going.

25. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    From StarWars.com:

"Star Wars Fan Club members at Celebration IV can escape to their own private game parlor in the Fan Club Lounge. The Tatooine Game Parlor, set in the fictional city of "Mos Angeles," was designed by game play experts specifically for fans at Celebration IV.
    Members of the worldwide Official Star Wars Fan Clubs who are wearing their special Fan Club lanyards will be admitted exclusively to the Fan Club Lounge at Celebration IV. There, they will find their very own gathering space, with comfy chairs, food and beverages to purchase, exclusive scheduled Meet & Greet sessions with celebrities, and the Tatooine Game Parlor, which will be open for their gaming fun throughout the weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.