main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Star Wars Celebration IV

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AboutaSith, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
  2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    At least I hope you were at home! Good thing the wifey loves you!

3. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Some of you "First Generation" fans may be interested in these T-Shirts. There orders are done but if they get enough requests they'll run another batch.

First Gen Shirts

4. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Please explain "First Generation Jedi".

5. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Star Wars Fans that were alive when it was originally released. I missed it by 2 years!

6. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    I remember waiting line as a kid for several hours to see it. we had a small piece of @#%P theater and I waited then like I wait now...with great anticipation!!!!

7. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    In one way it's really cool that I was there and old enough to remember it all. In another way, it really sucks! I'll have to check into the shirt. Thanks for the info.

8. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Well, I've been called lots of things in my life but never a first generation jedi before...[face_laugh] I was a junior in high school and went to see it opening weekend. I went with a guy on our first date...he said he heard it was going to be a good movie! It was so crowded we ended up in the first row and I couldn't make out a thing. Had to go again when the crowds weren't as big to see everything I missed. Just thought I'd let all you 2nd and 3rd generation Jedi's know what it was like back then.;) I think at that time 2 people could get in the movie, and have popcorn and drinks etc. for about $10.00.....man, that was a long time ago!!!

9. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    We attended C3 last year in Indiana, and had a ball. The archives were so worth it. I broke into tears when I saw the models of the Millennium Falcon. They had the 3 or 4 foot one and the one that is real small. They were beautiful. And all the costumes, and other props were great.
    I am a first generation Star Wars fan. I was pregnant with my first child when I saw the film at the Chinese theater in September of that year. We didn't have the money to go see it then. My mother in law paid for the whole trip and it was great. She fell asleeep during the middle of the movie, and I still can't figure out how she did that. The guy selling popcorn, gave a great rendition of the movie for us who were out to get munchies. He knew the movie inside out and put on a great show. Getting back to C4, I recomend it so much and we are looking forward to going next year. Well, I will stop for now. MTFBWY

10. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Yep, I'm a proud First Gen. Jedi! I'm from a very small town so the hype about SW just didn't reach us. I clearly remember seeing the commercials for it, but my older brother was the one that wanted to see it. I teased him about it being a "dumb boy movie". What can I say? I was 13. I got drag to it when a bunch of my cousins were down for Chirstmas. Within 10 minutes I was hooked and went off the deep end! So, after almost 30 years of fandom, I think I've redeemed myself for the original opinion I had. At least it makes for a fun memory!

Even though the padawan says he doesn't want to go to C-IV, I'll probably drag him there for at least one day. I don't know how many I'll be going. It will depend on the venue and the money situation! I started selling Cookie Lee jewelry as a secondary job to pay for Comic-Con. Looks like I need to get selling again! Anybody want to have a really great jewelry party? (seriously)

11. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Glad to hear I am not the only one. I don't do well having parties anymore. Great jewelry though. In regards to C4, money will make a play also. It was worth it last year.

12. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I've started looking at hotels for this. Does anybody want to go in together and split the cost? I'd like to go ahead and get reservations set then try to get the cheaper ones when they open. That way, I'll have a room no matter what.

13. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    my shirt guy marco who will be joining our group very soon...you're welcome! he's gonna make us special shirts with the event logo tied in with our group. it'll look so cool!

[image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/H2lookstough.jpg]

14. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    That could be an option Jd77. Although, I think I'm also supposed to go in with a couple of friends from Canada too... either way, I was planning on taking a saturday and actually going down to "ground zero" and walking around looking at the hotels determining which ones look the best, cost the least and involve the least walking. ;)

15. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    That's a great idea... so long as it doesn't involve taking the 91 to get there!!!

16. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    C-IV Thread Check the C-IV threads for hotel information, a few folks from the LAFF have pulled together some great info.

17. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    [image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/ValedaKor/p6_c4_bg.jpg]

This is the official logo for C-IV.

18. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Figured I'd spend my day off finding a hotel for C-IV. So many booked. It's amazing. I went ahead and made reservations for the Hilton and the Sheraton. (can cancel both the day before if needed) When they open the reserved blocks of rooms, I'll try to get the cheaper rates, but will have a room if they don't. Now, I need folks to share the room and costs with.

19. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    How bigs the room? How many people can stay in it?

20. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    Yes... how many people are we going to try sticking in a room? How many rooms are booked?

21. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Neither of the hotels had suites available, so I got 2 queen beds per room. The cost for the Hilton is $289 per night and the Sheraton is $329 per night. I don't know what will open up later.

22. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    So one room at each?

23. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Wow, ka-ching! Think i'll shuttle it in, there has to be a shuttle running to/from the center from outside of LA. I'll keep an eye out for one.

I'd rather spend my credits inside on SW goodies.

I think I read somewhere that tickets should start going on sale soon and we should be hearing more about the event too.

24. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I made reservations in hopes of sharing expenses. They don't charge my card until the day before the check-in date, so I can cancel. My hopes are to get cheaper rates once they open up the reservations.

25. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Yeah. somewhere or something cheaper will hopefully come up. Seems a shame to spend that much for a "local" event. At least it's there, i'm sure if we dont find anything else byMay we'll all chip in to use them

We'll keep an eye and ear out, maybe both!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.