main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Star Wars Celebration IV

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AboutaSith, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Do volunteers for C-IV get free passes?

You may know this one DH, think I saw you had a CIII volunteer shirt?

Oh, DH, do you think they will do another Lego comp?

2. JediLarryB

JediLarryB Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2003
    My two cents...

As I recall from the last Celebration, you had to volunteer for a certain high number of hours in order to qualify for pass reimbursement. You had to purchase your ticket in advance and then sign-up and fulfill your volunteer commitment before you received a refund. I didn't work enough hours for a refund, but still had a lot of fun volunteering.

And I would think a Lego activity would be one of the many events during the show.

3. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    You had to volunteer for 16 hours to get a free pass. For what it's worth, you want to stay in the closest hotel you can get. And I'm willing to help split the cost of a room for this.
    Hopefully there will be another LEGO competition. I want to do it again. Maybe I should pull in some of my contacts with LEGO head office and find out or drop a few hints... ;)

4. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Yeah that'd be cool if they do a Lego thing, you can coach us all on the tactics!

5. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Is anybody else as excited as I am about what's happening in about 16 hours??? [face_dancing] Am I the only one that's gonna try to get tickets at 12 noon tomorrow? Come on people, let's get excited!!!

6. JediLarryB

Jun 25, 2003
    I'll be sitting at my office PC on Monday at noon, mouse finger poised to pounce the moment the ticketing system is up! Gotta order a ticket to access the room block later in the week. Sooner the better!

7. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    I might wait an hour after they go on sale, just to give the servers a chance to catch up and not be completely overloaded. ;)

8. JediLarryB

Jun 25, 2003
    Thanks for not clogging up the server for the rest of us!;)

9. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Unless it was Christmas, I don't think I've ever been so happy that it was Monday!

Less than 8 hours to go!

Get those credit cards handy and the gencon site bookmarked!

*!*!* YES *!*!*

10. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    12:03 and 34 seconds!!

Those tickets are MINE!!!!

Anybody else?

11. JediLarryB

Jun 25, 2003
    I got mine!

12. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    Bought and paid for! :D

13. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Darn, I have to wait a little while. Need credits! Myself. the family and the Millennium Falcon still plan on being there. Gotta wait till a little later.

14. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Okay, I got a "cheap" reservation at the Sheraton LA Downtown! YES! Did anybody else go for a room?

15. JediLarryB

Jun 25, 2003
    Well, now that the dust is settling, I've got one close reservation (Holiday Inn), one nice reservation (Bonaventure), and one less expensive one (New Otani). I've got friends at all of these. I'll decide between options as more info comes in, including activities, events, meeting places, transportation, etc.

16. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Right on!! The Starfighter is planning on being there as well. :)

17. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    Right on! Only a block away from the metro station. Less walking. :D

18. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    DM6, and anybody else that's interested, here's the link to the boards that are about all things C-IV. It's run by our own (well, LAFF's) Valedakor. If you've got a question or need some info, it's all there!

19. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    How many rooms did you get?

20. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    You could only get one per number. Since I only got one 4 day pass, I only got one reservation. Did you or one of your buddies get a room? I thought you had mentioned some of your "homeland" friends were gonna share a room.

21. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    I don't have a room yet, but there is some exclusive ones coming available for volunteers (just not sure which hotel yet). 2 people from Canada were going to share a room with me (and anyone else that can fit in there) but that's not a definite until they have all the finances for the trip lined up.

22. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I just happened to get a room at the Holiday Inn, too. I might try to get one more there... if I can. Not sure yet who will be in which room or any of those logistics yet. Figured they could be IEFF lodgings. We'll have to wait and see.

How long do your friends plan on staying? Just for the con or time before and after?

23. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    Just for the con. If they're here longer, then they'll probably stay at my place (when they don't have to worry about commuting to the convention center).

24. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    198 Days to go!!!

25. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Did someone say Celebration IV...? :eek:
    Bwaa! I wanna go! =P~

Doesn't look like I can at the moment, but who knows? Miracles still happen...

You guys have GOT to take pictures, video, whatever!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.