main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Star Wars Celebration IV

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AboutaSith, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight_JT

Jedi_Knight_JT Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2006
    I SOOO wish I could go!

Anyone know for certian they'll be going?

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Me! I've got my tickets, costume, room and a ton of enthusiasm. I may have to call in "dead" to get off work, but, a Jedi's gotta do what a Jedi's gotta do!

3. JediLarryB

JediLarryB Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2003
    Ditto!

4. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Not me yet, bummer. Have to wait for our refund to get the tickets. And need to make arrangements with you Kari, about rooms you have already booked. I hate bills. And I will have to make arrangements with work, too. Bill took his vacation at this time. Can't wait!

5. Jedi_Knight_JT

Nov 11, 2006
    It'd be cool to go. But I don't have the money & school takes a lot of time (lots of writing & stuff....)

6. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    I'll be there!

Keep yer eyes open on any and all star wars related sites for competetions to win tickets to C-IV!

7. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    From GenCon:

Q: My significant other and/or family member has a membership to the Fan Club. Do I need one to get the benefits as well?

Yes, you each need to be a Fan Club member to receive full Fan Club benefits at Celebration IV. Each Fan Club member qualifies for 1 exclusive Fan Club lanyard and if they purchase a 4-Day badge they also qualify for 4 Friends and Family Coupons. The Fan Club lanyard functions as the member's access to the Fan Club Member-Only day on Thursday, May 24th as well as exclusive shows, the Fan Club Lounge, and other Fan Club events throughout the weekend. Each coupon may be used once for one non-member for access. Non-Fan Club members will still need to have a valid 4-day Celebration IV badge for admittance. The Friends and Family coupons will be collected at the time of use.

What does this mean?

8. JediLarryB

Jun 25, 2003
    They introduced these Friends and Family Coupons during CIII, and they seemed to work OK.

Here's how they work: Whenever a non-member of the Official Star Wars Fan Club (FC) wants to accompany a member to a Fan Club-only event or area, then he or she may only do so with a F&F coupon. For example, as at CIII, there will be a Fan Club Lounge -- a hangout, seating area, or dining spot -- exclusively for FC members. Without a F&F coupon, you're non-FC friend or family member can't get in. The same goes for other events, such as special screenings or performances reserved for FC members. Quite often, everyone can eventually attend some of these events; however, FC members may have priority, exclusive or early-entry priviledges.

Each time you visit one of these special FC member activities, it'll cost you one coupon per non-FC member. If you think you're going to need more coupons than the four you'll get as a FC member, you might want to ask other FC's for their leftovers. I think I ended up giving some of mine away last time.

BTW, I don't think a F&F coupon will get a non-FC member into the extra day on Thursday, 5/24. It'll only get them into areas and activities while their respective one or multi-day passes are good.

I hope this helps.

9. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    That makes it more clear, Thanks Larry!

10. JediLarryB

Jun 25, 2003
    Scheduled activities are starting to trickle out...

- The 30th Anniversary Opening Ceremonies will be held on Friday night, May 25th.
    - The Sixth Annual Star Wars Fan Film Awards will be given out in a ceremony on Sunday, May 27th.

More to come, of course, including precise times, so stay tuned...

11. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Just announced at the OPX website.

"Official Pix is proud to announce Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia) with our first round of guest announcements for Celebration IV! Carrie will be joined by many fan favorites and many first time Celebration signers including: Kenny Baker: R2-D2, Lightning Bear: Scout Trooper, Stormtrooper, Paul Blake: Greedo, Richard Bonehill: Snow/Stormtrooper, Mike Carter: Bib Fortuna, Mike Edmonds: Logray, Ugnaught, Garrick Hagon: Biggs Darklighter, Gerald Home: Tessek, Mon Calamari Officier, Richard LeParmentier: Admiral Motti, Dave Prowse: Darth Vader, and Tim Rose: Admiral Ackbar."

Also of interest is this page at the OPX website which reveals how many coupons are required for each celebrity autograph. Plus, look at how there are two sections, "Guests Of Honor" & "Special Guests". It will be interesting to see how these two sections fill up!

Source

12. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    so larry...do you think I should get a membership for my wife as well as myself or will one do fine and just use the coupons for her?

13. JediLarryB

Jun 25, 2003
    Ooh, that's a tough one!
    Here are some considerations:

#1. Is she going to want to attend the exclusive Fan Club Members-Only Day on Thursday, 5/24? If so, then she must have a membership.
    #2. You have to estimate the number of times you may want to attend Member's Only events or areas, such as the Fan Club Lounge. At CIII, the Lounge was a place to get food away from the masses, hang-out, and relax a bit. My non-member friend and I stopped by once for some refreshments and happened to see Nick Gillard (the prequels' stunt coordinator) talking to some fans. Other than that, we used another coupon to get in on a show with priority seating. I think I ended up not using a couple of coupons and just gave them away.
    #3. If you think you'll need more coupons, just put out the word and stay in contact with fellow members about getting their extra, unused coupons. After all, several members will be going alone, and won't even need their coupons.
    #4. You might want to wait until at least a semi-final schedule is published that specifically delineates member's-only benefits and events. That'll give you a better fix on your needs.

I hope this helps.

14. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I was under the impression that the guest coupons worked on Fan Day as well. :confused:

15. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Also keep in mind the deadline for the fan day passes, it's on the gencon site somewhere, think it was end of march but not too sure.

16. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Okay...IF I get ym check by the online reg. deadline in March, I'll probably go.[face_praying]

17. Jedi_Knight_JT

Nov 11, 2006
    I don't have the money (or the time depending on school, tried the Jedi Mind Trick on my teachers.... didn't work....) to go. wish I could though. I'd love to see what goes on at one of these especially since it's the 30th anniversary! Also wish I could go to get my hands on some souvenirs!

18. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    If you put in enough volunteer hours you can get reimburshed for your ticket. But you'd have to buy it now and get refunded later.

19. Jedi_Knight_JT

Nov 11, 2006
    Can't afford the ticket so... I'll have to hear everyone's stories.

20. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Keep an eye on the official sites to see what exlusives are being offered and decide if you want to buy any. I'm sure one of us can pick them up for you. Pathetically, I was the queen SWAG at the comic-con and will try to do the same at C-IV and bring the booty back to share with those in the IEFF that weren't able to make it.

21. Jedi_Knight_JT

Nov 11, 2006
    Thanks Kari! I'll keep an eye on the site & see if there's anything I'd ask someone to pick up for me. I'd rather have a member of the IEFF pick me up some stuff than to try & bid for it on E-Bay.

22. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    There's enough of us going that hopefully we'll be able to pick up anything you're wanting. It will all depend on how limited an item it is.

Only 3 more months!!!!!!!!1[face_dancing]

23. Jedi_Knight_JT

Nov 11, 2006
    I'm also excited about the new book coming out Tuesday. lol!

Legacy of the Force: Exile

Gonna get it Tuesday i hope.

24. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Okay, here's my status on going:

Even IF I do get my check before time runs out for online registration, and I somehow talk my parents into it, I still can't go unless one or two of the following happens:

-The check is above a certian amount
    -I get a ride instead of going Greyhound
    -The room is under 60 bucks a night (HA!)
    -I don't buy any souveniers
    -I fix my bike so I won't have to worry about bus passes (back home, of course)

I know the first one can't be helped, and the last one I have to do on my own, but does anyone have any ideas for the second and third?

25. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    You could go along for one day instead of all of them to save $$$.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.