main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Star Wars Celebration Panel

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jedi Dragon D, Jul 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Yes no.

The celebration site lists the last panel (future film makers) and the closing ceremonies as one thing, starting @1500 London time. The live stream schedule just lists closing ceremonies and starts 1600.
    Looks like they're dropping an hour, which will probably be most of the future filmmakers:(

2. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013

No it's not.

How MANY damn times do I need to tell you all that trailer they showed is absolutely not that worthy?

Yes I saw it, but I didn't care for it. Neither did most of people who saw it, apparently. Because it was mostly REHASHED scenes from the teaser added with only a tiny amount of new scenes that isn't even that exciting!

So, that trailer can stay exclusive to the Con, who cares? It's an insignificant trailer!

UGH, let that go!

I mean, I get it. You didn't see it, so you may think it's something huge, but I am telling you, truthfully, that trailer is again, pretty INSIGNIFICANT! Time for fans to stop getting worked up about that and THINK, if that trailer was good you would heard way more buzz by now, *SIGH*

Darth Gladius and Darthmaul208 like this.
  3. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Amen to that sir.
    Underwhelming.

It was like Thunderbirds.

I think they will tease the heck out of you know who.

4. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    So they've revealed only that instead of using Ilum to supply all of the Kyber crystals for the Death Star they instead selected another Jedi related world we haven't heard about allowing the rebels to trace the shipments back to where the Death Star is being built?

Pretty much was revealed at the start of the Tarkin novel wasn't it?

Sounds like Chirrut's order tried a peaceful protest only this being Tarkin most of his comrades are slaughtered, he was probably overlooked ending up befriending Baze or whatever his name is and they end up recruited as Captain not Biggs Darklighter has to escape offworld...

Would it hurt to reveal Jyn's link to her father in a Star Wars Rebels episode so we then have a link to explain how they know about her instead of another of JJ's mysteries?

All heresay in case you hadn't noticed but you should have a better handle on what was revealed than me and I'm not so focused on the trailer but on what else they've revealed so what did you learn?

5. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    Andi fangirling over Carrie Fisher!

6. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
  8. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
  9. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    "it's B******* that you're not streaming the most important panel. And probably you'll show exclusive material only for them."

Someone on Twitter, well duh! I mean what's the point. I don't mind. Had a great time Friday and honestly SW fans are sometimes the worst. They just expect things. Be grateful for what you've got!

10. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Lots of people here are saying the same thing :rolleyes:

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  11. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    According to the blogs I am reading right now, nothing huge yet.

12. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Yeah it's a little but bad that they said they would but I mean come on. People should just be realistic.

13. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    "Space bear" Production name for VIII

14. PaperSkin

PaperSkin Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 12, 2015
    Wow, can't believe they are not streaming this... what's the point, everything that will be said will be reported on anyway..... Celebration 2016 has turned into a Joke.....Very poor from LF....

15. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Yep, already got the t-shirt :p

16. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013

Dude, take it from someone who has went to 5 Star Wars Celebrations plus 5+ Comic Cons, you don't know a DAMN THING about what Celebration (Cons) is really all about!

1) NOT about showing you trailers
    2) NOT about live streaming such panels doing 1)

In fact, very few if any cons live stream panels whatsoever, so YES be glad and grateful that StarWars.com is even doing that! Cuz, obviously, you don't have a clue!

AndyLGR and Darthmaul208 like this.
  17. PaperSkin

Mar 12, 2015
    Haha.... they said this year was really about R1 and next year will be about ep8..... we got nothing about R1... the panel was a car crash.... and there was no trailer no big pop no buzz.... Rebels made MUCH more of a splash... what a joke....

18. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Just be glad of what you got.

I mean people queue all night long to go to these events ( I went early in the morning at 2am) and you just expect them to stream them. And with the trailers?

Are you crazy?

LFL did a fantastic job, it's just really great.

19. PaperSkin

Mar 12, 2015
    I'm sure you would be happy just to get a peck on the cheek from your partner and nothing else.... or a pea for dinner and nothing else.... or a piece of cloth for clothes and nothing else.... just be happy with what you got.... its really great, honest..pfft... far to easily pleased, others need something a little more meatier....

20. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Whatever man, enjoy hating on the thing you apparently love. Just go to Celebration. I went had a great time. It's more than what they reveal, it's the atmosphere, the costumes, the fans.

Jedi Dragon D likes this.
  21. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    Gareth Edwards is in Episode VIII

22. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Or you just come off as a spoiled, entitled child... whichever.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  23. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013

Or I had a tons of con experiences, you obviously DO NOT!

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  24. PaperSkin

Mar 12, 2015
    Anyone see that wall that has paint drying on it.. its very distracting, the excitement on that wall is over-powering the excitement of Celebration....

25. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Just leave man, no point you being here as a negative spirit.
    You obviously just don't get it, that's fine but don't try and spoil it for the rest of us.

Jedi Dragon D likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.