Star Wars Celebration V in 2010

Discussion in 'Inland Empire CA' started by jedifan77, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Figured I'd go ahead and get this thread started.

It was announced at Comic-Con by Hasbro and Steve Sansweet that Celebration V will be held in 2010.

No specific date was given nor a place.

It's only a bread crumb, but a yummy one!
  2. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
  3. jedi_onasi Jedi Master

star 3
    But where?! :eek:
    I hope it's in a good place.

I'd REALLY love to go. Kari and I were just talking about what fun we had at CIV. And honestly, it was getting to hang out with everyone every day. That was the best event ever!!
  4. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If it's not in California, there's just no way I could go this year. The three places that I heard in a rumor were Anaheim, Orlando or Chicago. Don't know if there's any truth to the rumor or not!
  5. Symina Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, same here. Two cons in one year would be difficult enough to do as it is. I'd definitely pick Comic Con over CV any day though. I was not impressed with CIV, and that was my first con.
  6. Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Anahiem!?!?! From anything I've heard, Cali is the last place it'd be held. Thought it would be kinda nice...don't like the Con, go to Disneyland! What I'm sick of is all the whining from the Midwest folks about having it in Cali. :rolleyes: Us So-Calers are Star wars fans, too!

I'd be willing to try and go (finances permitting, LOL) if it were in Chicago, because there's a direct Amtrak line from Victorville. That sounds like a likely city (at this point) becuase I heard a podcast about it being in the Midwest...of course that was last year.

If it's in Orlando, though, no way. Humidity and heavy costumes...not a good mix.
  7. JediVixen Jedi Master

star 2
    What was interesting when Sansweet announced this - he particularly
    emphasized the city Orlando and just barely mentioned Anaheim and Chicago...

Emily
  8. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Anaheim would be great for it! LA again would be good now that alot more work has been done to the whole convention area, it's so much better than it was.

If it's not in CA i'll give it a miss.
  9. HanChewie Jedi Master

star 4
    Having it in LA would be great for us. Did not know that there was more work that was done at the convention center. It would be easier for the drive in LA.(gas) Of course if the Falcon keeps not working as she is doing right now, the gas might not be too much of a problem. HA HA!
  10. Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Sandy!!!! [:D]

Maybe Sansweet's trying to throw us off. I honestly hope it is NOT in Orlando...humidity and me do not get along...and what about the alligators? [face_worried] Maybe they'd liken it to Dagobah, LOL. Besides, Orlando's expensive, isn't it?
  11. Jedi_Knight_JT Jedi Master

star 2
    Even if it was in CA, I doubt I could go. It's expensive. I wanted to go to CIV, but couldn't afford tickets.
  12. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    They should have it in Vegas!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.