main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Star Wars Celebration VI announced!

Discussion in 'Community' started by hudzu, May 27, 2011.

1. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    May would make a lot more sense to me, the weather isn't as hot and it'll be the 35th anniversary of Star Wars. Most students are out of school by the end of the month, especially college kids.

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    That's how I made it to C4. I wasn't attending school at the time, but I was working at one, and we had just gotten done that week. Even as it was, I was only able to make it for one day.

3. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    strangely, the weather doesn't seem too bad when you're spending the majority of the day in a well air conditioned building.

4. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah, the end of August next year sucks for me because I already have a family thing goin.

5. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003
    Hooray for Celebration! I am saddened that some people can't make it due to the start of school, etc.

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I was probably one that bitched about 'OMG FLorida in August' for CV. But really, I don't remember what the weather was like. Apparently wasn't hot, humid or rainy enough to ruin what was really a great time.

So now the only thought is YAY!!!! :D :D

7. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I really hope you guys don't get a hurricane. [face_worried]

8. -Commander_Thigh-

-Commander_Thigh- Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2004
    Exactly. The only time I remember it being particularly hot was when Beth and I (and I think Jenn?) were waiting for the shuttle outside of the convention and decided to walk to the other side instead to get out of the heat.

9. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm determined/hope that I can make to this Celebration (even if it's on the East Coast :p )..............I've seen how so many people enjoy these events, the moments/memories that are made.

Viva Los Angeles![face_flag]

10. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Problem with Indy in June and July, the convention center is already filled up and you have the Brickyard.

11. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Late May? They did it in April/May for the first three.

12. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I (of course) would have preferred a Southern California location for CVI.

:p

Viva Los Angeles![face_flag]

13. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Late May is the Indy 500 and all the downtown hotels will fill up for that. They just finished the expansion on the Convention center along with the new JW Marriott complex right off the convention center. I was curious if it would be back to Indy, so I was looking at the event list earlier in the week. And there was one weekend in June they didn't have something going on. I was quite surprised to see all these different cons coming to Indy. But happy, it means the tax payer money I'm paying into the new Convention center will pay off for the local economy.

14. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    Orange County is right around the corner for me, so 2012 it is. I'm there. This year I'm going to Superman celebration in IL., it's next week.
    I'm going to Chicago first to hang out with a friend then we are driving to Superman celebration. The celebrations are the best. :)

15. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Make sure you meet other JCers, Wormie!

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    It's the cheapest possible place it could be with that combination.

For example:

Ender_Sai cancelling his The Economist subscription because they raised his rate by $0.01? Cheaper than that.
    GrandAdmiralJello checking out of Caesar's in a huff because they wanted to raise the rate on peeled grapes by $0.01? Cheaper than that.
    dp4m being offered sex from Dingo in exchange for Lit spoilers? Cheaper than that.

Seriously, I booked NYC + 6 days hotel for under $450 last time total, non-stop. Which is insanely cheap. It'll be higher for everyone next year (yay gas!) most likely, but Orlando in August is cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeap.

17. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    the man has a point. transportation costs for me at c5 were something like sixty bucks.

18. R2-DK

R2-DK Jedi Master star 2

Apr 13, 2011
    On top of that, make sure you go to the correct Orange County. ;)

19. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I've got friends going to this. They run the art show and the fan films... you should go up and introduce yourself as a JCer. Just say you're looking for Tim or Lin, and/or their prospective mates.

Question: I booked really cheap, like the Econolodge... there's no shuttle service, so do I have to drive to the Convention center every day?

20. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    I'll go if Dave, Tom and Marcus go.

But seriously, I'm going to be heartbroken if I have to choose between this and PAX. HEARTBROKEN.

And if I do go, I'm getting that travel insurance thing-a-ma-bob, which will ensure that there will be no hurricanes. You can thank me in martinis.

21. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Sounds like a plan to me. :cool:

22. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    And we had those snazzy Orange Death Star fans to keep us cool, too! ;)

23. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Rebooked rooms at the Rosen. So looking forward to this, I missed not getting to go last time.

24. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I'm going for sure, somehow. I will figure out a way.

As far as the heat and stuff, I didn't have an issue with it last time. You're inside the majority of the time.

25. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    I'm so happy.:)