main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVI Star Wars Celebration VI Aug 23-26 2012

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Grand Admiral Strife, Oct 28, 2010.

1. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Has anyone considered that LFL may have given Reed more allowances in picking the date and/or location of the Convention than in the past with other organizers? Has anyone had past experiences with the way that Reed runs their conventions? (Note: I'll bet that some of you have--Reed Exhibitions is the top convention organizer in the country. Chances are that you have attended a Reed Convention already--including C5!) I hope that they have considered some of our recommendations for improvement--like send out the programs before the convention, so that we can pre-plan our activities and meet-ups.

2. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    My prediction is it's going to be in Orlando May 24-28 2012. We won't know about it until Memorial Day. I am confident of this date that I tried to reserve a room at the same hotel I stayed in last time, but apparently you can't make a reservation a year in advance. C'est la vie.

3. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    I've attended four NYCC's (not sure how many of them were run by Reed at the time) and haven't had any major issues with the way they were organized.

4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Fifty hours of scripts is nothing to sneeze at.

This inane post was brought to you by the letters V and I.

5. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    My votes for Phoenix or San Diego where they do Comicon,It needs to be more on the West Coast.

6. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Recalling our reservations for C5, as soon as Orlando was announced I booked my reservations. (By the way, the Days Inn that I stayed at did NOT have bugs--it was another Days Inn in the chain.) However, there was mold infestation in the AC. Be careful!

We had no problems making the reservations that far in advance. We DID, however, have to wait for flight reservations.

I think a Celebration in Phoenix or San Diego would be a great change. If it's on the East Coast--here we go, for another 7 hour flight! (Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......!!!!)

7. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    I booked my room(s) with through the Celebration site and had no problem at all with them. It went very smoothly. I don't fly to celebrations, I drive due to costume size (gamorrean guard takes up a lot of room)...

Agree that it does not gain them anything to just tease... Seriously, people have to plan to get off work and such... some people very far in advance... Here's to hoping that we get an announcement soon...

8. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Thats exactly why it should NOT be on the west cost. Gee ,do you need everything there?

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yeah, you need to spread some of the love! :p

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  10. harrison13

harrison13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2004
  11. Exar_Xan

Exar_Xan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 29, 2001
    Well this will be the first Celebration that I will go to in the USA (after going to Celebration Europe)...and for that matter my first time going to the USA at all. But I have a feeling it is going to be New York or San Diego, since Reed has has previous cons there. And since they were talking about a surprise for the city I doubt it is any of the previous ones, and out of San Diego and NY, I think NY will be the biggest surprise.

Chicago sounds nice to tho.

12. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I've decided I think it should be in Boston, if only because I might be moving there and even if I don't my brother lives there. :p

I liked having my car last year so I'd like to be somewhere that I could drive but I'm pretty much game for anywhere.

13. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Predictions on who will be used for the official C6 logo?

14. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Wicket.

15. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Nah, they'll just recolor the CV logo to Jango Fett for the 10th anniversary of AotC :p

16. Beretta911

Beretta911 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    My Top 5 Guesses

Stormtrooper

Luke Skywalker (ROTJ)

Obi-Wan (TPM)

Jabba The Hutt

Slave Leia (a bit of a long shot)

17. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    So, is it definately in 2012?
    I thought Celebration events were every 3 years (with the exception of C IV), meaning it will be 2013 for C VI

18. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Nothing officially announced yet, but there have been a few various signs that point to a 2012 timeframe.

We don't know for certain yet.

19. -Commander_Thigh-

-Commander_Thigh- Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2004
    If an announcement really is imminent then it will likely be in 2012. I can't see them announcing something two years away.

20. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    For the logo...how about something denoting the end of the Empire, symbolizing the Return of the Jedi?

21. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    So did we!! :) The official announcement should be soon, IIRC, and the tfn party/table planning has already started. So look for an even more incredible con experience from tfn at C6! Can't wait to see you all there! :)

22. quigonobi2

quigonobi2 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2011
    I would like to add Qui Gon Jinn to the list of possibilities

23. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Whichever character/scene is chosen for the logo, I just hope they use some awesome McQuarrie concept art for the design.

24. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    The "VI" logo on the site is now Gold!

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/

What does it mean Reed?

25. jedimomtosith

jedimomtosith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2009
    I live on the East Coast. I hope CVI is somewhere close (FL,IL,MA) cuz I'm not going to be able to drive cross country with the life size speeder bike I'm building... the stress is already getting to me....like it's Christmas!!! LOL