main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVI Star Wars Celebration VI Aug 23-26 2012

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Grand Admiral Strife, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Baco_Sapan

Baco_Sapan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2010
    Wow, I am still in complete shock over this. Not so much about the fact that it'll be going down in Orlando again (I actually love that), but that it's going down NEXT year. I was NOT counting on that. I really wasn't. And because of that, I really don't know if I'll be able to go or not. I'm in the middle of joining the Army so depending on when I finish basic training and AIT (and wehter or not I'll be deployed and if they give me that time off) that'll determine wether or not me and my fam will get to go. Hopefully I get basic and AIT out of the way before the end of the year. If so, then I believe me and my fam will be able to go, but we'll see.

If I don't make it, then we'll try to make the next one which should be in 2013. I mean this celebration can't be commemorating ROTJ because the anniversary for that isn't until 2013. So if they have a celebration next year then they'd HAVE to have another one in 2013. But, I guess we'll find out. I hope me and my fam get to go. We'll do our best. Hope to see ya'll in Orlando next year guys! :D

2. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Time for a brand spankin' new dedicated TFN JC C6 forum! :cool:

3. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Orlando in August - again!?! I thought the overwhelming majority of visitors to C5 asked that the next one be held in someplace which WASN'T like Dagobah on steroids.

On the upside, I have family in the area so lodging shouldn't be too tricky, just airfare and a rental car aside from my Con expenses.

4. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Ugh, really? August in Orlando again? Crap. My Family Guy Giant Chicken Boba Fett costume is NOT going to be comfortable in that heat.

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Awesome! We're back in Orlando again! :D

The heat really didn't bother me last time, so this time shouldn't be any different. The only thing to be concerned about at that time of year is hurricanes. We have to cross our fingers and hope we get lucky again.

Other than that, bring it on! I just need to save some money to reserve the room.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  6. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I'm almost not suprised that it is in Orlando again. Hopefully I'll get to go again. (Still going to drive again, but that road trip last year was epic. ;))

I hope that they will do something with Disney again. That was a blast last time.

Too bad that it isn't up north this time, and then back in Orlando in 2013 or something for the anniversary of ROTJ.

7. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Considering this is the same forum we've used for every Celebration since CIII, no new forum.

So my ticket is booked. Have to start all the serious planning but at least I can get it going properly with official dates.

8. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    The dates are perfect for me, since my job wants me to have my vacation in the end of the summer, so I'm very happy.

9. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I can feel the sweltering heat/humidity already! :p

I like Orlando, I kinda know my way around after last time. :D

10. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Are you going to bring your mother again? She put up with a lot from us and was quite fun.

11. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Ahhh, right in my backyard again. :)

Cue all the people complaining about the heat! Meanwhile I'll be wearing jeans and a hoodie because the OCCC sure does know how to blast the air conditioning! Suck it up, Star Wars fans! Did Luke have air conditioning on Dagobah? NO! :p

12. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I have no complaints about CVI being in Orlando again, I had a great time there for CV.

13. dragonmar

dragonmar Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2003
    I'm just a little put out that it is in Orlando again, and in August. If it was the spring, maybe I would go. I just don't think that I can handle the weather there again. I think that it will not be a high volume attendance because people will remember how awful the weather was and it being so close to school starting. I wish I could go, but I think at this time I will sit this one out. Its is also two soon, after the last one.

14. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    People who will let the weather get in the way of coming to a Celebration probably aren't the huge fans who would come to a Celebration in the first place. IMO, anyway.

Millions upon millions of people come to Orlando every year. It can't be THAT horrible. I know, I live here! :D

15. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I don't mind the location. Orlando is great for turism.
    I don't mind the heat. Last time was hot yes, but not unbearable.

However I do mind having it in the middle of hurricane season AGAIN.
    Last year we was lucky - no hurricanes and actually not a whole lot of rain either.
    But going for seconds is pushing it, I think.
    Besides what happend to Steve Sansweet's "Next Celebration will be in the spring" ??

Anyway, rant over, I hope to make it back there next year.

16. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I hope the dates aren't a problem for parents and school-age kids. Some schools are already in session by the end of August, aren't they?

17. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Orlandoooooo! [face_dancing]

18. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    I would travel anywhere for Celebration but it's in my backyard again. Same as JediMara77. Star Wars Weekends is what is bad. And even for May it was hot, and the OCCC is usually booked up January to May with the conventions that are held here every year, which is why it's in August. And August is not nearly as hot as July. July= omg kill me now weather.

And you get special events with Disney at night. Those are freaking awesome! And Star Tours 2!!!

I am a little concerned about the dates and how close they fall to the start of the school year. But hey, it's Celebration, I'll just start a week late. :p

19. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    [face_laugh] She asks if that's an invitation to join in again or fear? :p

I doubt it but you never know! If I move up north I might bring her just so I can fly home then she can help my drive to Florida. :p

While it was hot (those of us living in the mountains aren't used to such heat!) I will be bringing a sweatshirt or jacket for the convention center. I was cold a lot of the time in there.

20. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    Why do people think there is going to be a Celebration in 2013? There isn't going to be one. Steve Sansweet said from C5 on there will be Celebrations every 2 years. That means the next one is in 2014.

21. PokeMat23

PokeMat23 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    I have the best story from celebration v! At last tour to endor my wife and I were watching the Indiana jones/sw crossover where GL was watching so after the show we ran over to get a closer look at the man himself. So we saw all these people running and we figured they were running towards him so we joined them, well low and behold the guy running in front of me was none other than Daniel Logan! We were running with the cast of sw! So we just blended in with them and walked past security and the next thing we knew we were hanging out backstage with Seth Green, Anthony Daniels, Warwick Davis, and a bunch of cast and crew for the clone wars for the rest of the night. It was the best night ever! Didn't ge to see Georgie but this was even better I'd say :) Celebration V was one of the greatest moments of my life, stop crying about the weather lol

22. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Celebration V was also one of the best times of my life. I liked the OCCC. However, I had hoped that CVI would be somewhere closer to where I live. I don't know if my parents will spring for me taking another trip all the way to Orlando.

23. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Fixed. ;)

24. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    But why isn't this Celebration in 2013? That's the 30th birthday of RotJ! I'm not complaining, as the sooner CVI comes, the better. I'm just wondering about this break in tradition. Are they adopting a new "every two years" schedule because they next Celebration after this one would be in 2029 if the tradition is followed, so they are just dropping having one on the 30th anniversaries early?

25. FRAGGLE_ROCKER

FRAGGLE_ROCKER Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2010
    That's what I like about it. Star Wars Weekends are during the heat of the day and with random Disney visitors, but at "Last Tour to Endor" I was surrounded by STAR WARS fans who'd gone to the convention.
    Regarding the 2013 expectations of people...The 30th anniversary of ANH got a lot of attention for obvious reasons, and the 30th anniversary of TESB got a lot of attention for being a widely renowned great sequel to both fans, critics and casual moviegoers. Being that first sequel and having the cliffhanger, it was a special pop culture moment just like the first movie. The anniversary of ROTJ is not as notable; the movie's reception since then has become increasingly mixed and people just don't really care about commemorating it. The anniversary thing has been done, although 2012 will be the 35th anniversary of the first movie.
    Next year will bring the start of the 3-D versions, which will surely bring a lot of promotion. "The Clone Wars" will be wrapping up one season and going into its fifth and possibly final one. There are more reasons to celebrate STAR WARS than just pointing out how old it is.
    I just hope hurricanes don't threaten this or scare people off causing it to get cancelled.