main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVI Star Wars Celebration VI Aug 23-26 2012

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Grand Admiral Strife, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Yes. I believe Sansweet said that they'd like to see a Celebration every other year I think last fall.

2. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Maybe the live-action TV series will be announced at CVI!

3. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Ever since I heard the announcement today I've been scheming and Thinking of ways to convince my parents to let me go[face_mischief] . Any suggestions??

4. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Tell them its better than wandering the streets selling drugs and engaging in other vice, etc

5. quigonobi2

quigonobi2 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2011
    I am thrilled with the dates its at the end of August so it works out great for my leave and also its going to be part of my 50th birthday celebrations so i can have a geat time with all of my fellow SW nuts!! Iam awaiting a reply from my boss and as soon asd i get this i will be getting cracking with all of my arrangements may the foce be with you alll!![:D] [face_dancing] :*

6. dante144

dante144 Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2005
    Welcome to Orlando!!(early, I know)

I am a local so if you have any questions about O-Town, let me know. Looking forward to having you all here again! This is going to RAWK!

7. quigonobi2

May 26, 2011
    Just an update on my previous post-got my leave &got my ticket!!! See you all next year!!
    This is where the fun begins!!!![face_dancing] =D= :)

8. Phantom_Jedi

Phantom_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    I have had the most awesome idea for Hasbro exclusives.

Behind the scenes figures!

Imagine a C-3P0 where you can take the face plate off and see Anthony Daniels face (I know some custom figures exist like this), same with Vader (would make Dave Prowse happy!), Chewie etc. But the best of all would be an R2-D2 where you take the head off and you have a pop-up Kenny Baker inside!

9. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    I'm just hoping that we still see Sansweet as an integral part of the Opening Ceremonies.

10. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    Don't mind doing a repeat!
    Reservation at the ROSEN CENTER HOTEL and 4-day Pass purchased!
    I am so there . . . AGAIN!

11. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    Since I live in Missouri what would be better to do fly into Orlando or drive down there??

12. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    How much time and money are you willing to spend? Do you have anything that would be better transported in a car? (I do not live near Florida, and was not allowed to bring my Force FX lightsaber on the plane to CV.)

13. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Rule of thumb on lightsabers:
    THIS WEAPON IS YOUR LIFE. :p

I had a member of Austin Fan Force lose his MR Lightsaber (pre-hasbro takeover) at Disney during the Last Tour to Endor. Nearly ruined the whole trip for him.

That said, I drive, if it's just one person it's cheaper to fly, two people about even, any more than two and you're better off driving. If you have costumes, and more importantly, armor/props, driving is ALWAYS preferrable, especially with TSA knuckleheads acting like everyone in the airport is a terrorist. Save yourself the hassle and drive.

/rant :p

Just glad to see the original rumor from Rebelscum all those months ago about C VI in 2012 proved true. :p

14. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    The airport is a madhouse lately, so driving seems to be the preferred option. If you do fly, I would consider first class. Makes a huge difference in the trip. We always fly first class, and the trip to and from Orlando for CV was great. The flight attendant even saw we had Star Wars items with us, and did a little moniker for us when we landed. First class is really the only way to fly.

15. Vote_Snaplaunce

Vote_Snaplaunce Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2011
    I'd drive if it was at most 5-6 hour trip, but for me it would be at least 15 hours... a bit much. However, it'd be nice to have your car there. Having to rely on the shuttle buses and taxis was a hassle. Think I'm going to rent a car this time.

16. Jedi_Five

Jedi_Five Jedi Master star 1

Jul 23, 2010
    Wow! I'm still in shock after learning the news of Celebration VI being in 2012! I was really expecting it to be in 2013. I'm definitely going! I had a blast at Celebration V. I'm just back from Orlando. I attended the first weekend of Star Wars Weekends and the opening of the new Star Tours. It was my first time attending SWW. It was awesome. I hope they do something with Disney like "Last Tour to Endor". That night was so amazing.

17. Baco_Sapan

Baco_Sapan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2010
    I love the fact that the Celebrations are gonna be going down every 2 years from now on. Really I do. I just wish I'd have known in advance that the next celebration was gonna be going down next year as opposed to 2013. Had I known that, I would've tried to enlist in the Army a lot sooner so to have gotten basic and AIT out of the way a lot sooner. Now I'm gonna be cutting it really close to the wire and I have to hope and pray that whoever my boss is at the time will have mercy on my soul and allow me to go, lol. And that's even if I'm done with Basic training and AIT at the time. But, we'll see.

18. joesdomain

joesdomain Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2006
    I won't be going to this celebration! The only Celebration I have been to was Celebration III and I actually only went because I talked my mom and brother into coming with me and it was Indy about a 45 minute from my house. Then again I only went on sunday, the last day. Ever since then I haven't been able to go. I thought they move these around so other cities could host the convention. To be honest, I probably would of made a roadtrip if it located in Indianapolis, IN, Chicago, IL, St. Louis, Mo, Louisville, KY, or Cincinnati, OH. I guess Lucasfilm won't be getting any money from me for another celebration. I just buuy the blu-ray's in september 16, 2011. I guess that has been the only up side on star wars news since my birthday is September 13th. Nice 32nd birthday gift to myself! LOL! Watch it at home with my family and enjoy it.

I take it since they chose Orlando, FL for back-to-back host that they will get all future star wars celebrations because of warm weather, tourist attractions, disney, and universal studios nearby. I guess I will stick to my job working has a grocery clerk enjoying the rural country life in Indiana with corn and soybean fields around me. LOL!

19. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I for one am SO glad we have THIS much notice as the where and when - Out side of the initial expenses (tickets, hotel, and transport) I always manage to 'Do it Cheap' (foodage can be manged, even if it potentially means McD's and Wallgreens bananas) - but with THIS much notice, (yeah, I know, we always knew it was coming but a concrete place and date makes it more 'real') I might even have a bit of spending - funny though, I usually prefer to 'shop' mostly with my camera!

20. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Big +1.

Let's hope this is applicable for all future Celebrations moving forward.

21. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    With 14 months lead time, I'm hoping we get a nice consistent stream of C6 updates from Reed/LFL.

I don't want to have 4-5 updates released in one month, then go 3-4 months with nothing.

Keep us steadily informed throughout the duration of the wait - feast or famine need not apply.

22. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    Travelling by plane can suck, but it's cool to meet fellow fans on flights. On the way to CV, there was a couple behind us going (the girlfriend didn't even know what the Clone Wars were! So nice for going with her boyfriend to a major GEEKFEST!). I also met a man with vintage Star Wars patches all over his jacket.

23. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    Ya i so hope i can go to this I went to star wars in concert when it was in Kansas City and seeing all those star wars fans in one spot made me so excited it was like i was finally with my own kind and i want to experience that again. I just had my birthday yesterday and got a but load of money for it and I'm hopefully gonna put most of that to the fund that's gonna take me to CVI.

24. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Since it is now official, should the title of this thread be edited now to say Star Wars Celebration VI, Aug. 23-26 2012?

Just a suggestion...

25. quigonobi2

May 26, 2011
    2012 will be a big year for events for me not only am i going to Celebration 6 but last night i found out i am going to the Olympics as well i got tickets for the tennis which will be at Wimbledon and i found i will be sitting in centre court seats as well,are there any UK or European posters going to Celebration & the 2012 Olympics as well ?