main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVI Star Wars Celebration VI Aug 23-26 2012

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Grand Admiral Strife, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    that's right, jolly ol' London has the Summer Olympics next year.

Hey, also a presidential election year, maybe we can have some sort of Chancellor Debate between Emperor Palpy and someone from the Rebellion.... that would be funny as hell. VP debate Vader versus Ackbar

2. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I'll be driving down with my friends again. I much rather drive than fly. I paid a lot for my stormtrooper armor, and I do not trust an airline with it. (I was nervous with it being in the back of a pick up truck last time, but everything was okay. :)) I'm about 15 hours from Orlando, and we had 4 drivers, and we just drove. I started driving myself around 4:30pm, went and picked up my two friends who were about an hour and a half west of me, then drove south 2 hours to where we met up with another friend who had the truck. We then picked up another friend on the way down. We didn't arrive in Orlando until about 6pm the next day, only because we had car trouble (minor), and stopped quite a few times. It was an Epic trip, and I'm looking forward to another one.

I think we'll be more prepared with signage (our handmade "honk if you love Wookiees" sign wasn't bad though) for the way down this time. :D

3. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    Fun fact: they're opening a Dave & Buster's by the convention center next month.

4. JohnnyRose

JohnnyRose Jedi Knight

Jun 2, 2011
    SWEET! I think some playing of the Star Wars Trilogy arcade game will be in order!

5. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
  6. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    400 days to go...

7. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    Next year will feel like a double vacation!
    A week at DISNEY and CVI!
    Save! Save! Save!

8. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I am already at 80% of CV total saved :)

9. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
  10. EnviousSerious-Rue

May 4, 2009
    Wow! That was quick . . .

11. BigFortuna

BigFortuna Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2011
    [face_laugh] Same here :D

Anyway.... you can see that coming, a big anouncement at SDCC for CVI
    but something was missing, after the line "get your tickets now" they forgot to mention: the best hotels are kinda sold out :p

12. EnviousSerious-Rue

May 4, 2009
    Go figure.
    14 months away from CVI and most of the hotels are booked.
    That's incredible!

13. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    Last night I dreamed I showed up to work at the B&N booth at CVI and they decided to have it inside of a mall. I wondered where they were gonna put all the people and the tie fighter replica.

14. FRAGGLE_ROCKER

FRAGGLE_ROCKER Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2010
    There is a possible hurricane tracking toward Florida right now. This is usual for Florida in August so we were lucky last year. Just the slight threat of one could cause guests to cancel.
    I didn't jump on the lodging like a smart person so I just might have to stay at the same hotel a few miles away as last year. I guess ultimately it wasn't bad since all I did was sleep there for a few hours but I couldn't walk to the convention center. The night before the Main Event I didn't know how the overnight parking would be handled, like if I could have gotten towed for not paying for the next day, and took a taxi to and from the convention center that day.

15. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Let the official one year countdown begin! [face_dancing]

16. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I cant believe a year from now it will be starting. I already signed up for volunteering, time to get the rest of my planning underway

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Too bad it has to fall right before the start of school. I recently got a job at the school and there's no way my supervisor will let me take off this week next year. We're too busy. Then again, I'll only need Wednesday and Thursday off, so maybe there's some hope.

I doubt I'm the only one affected by the start of school. I wish they would've taken that into consideration when they picked the dates.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  18. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    you are not the only one. I work at an University and move in weekend is celebration weekend, so it's the busiest time of the entire year. It's going to be tough but i've worked there a while so they've been acting flexible about it

19. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    In case anyone didn't see it, here are my pics of the CVI Booth at NYCC last month.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/NYCC_Thursday_Night_Preview_Celebration_VI_Booth_141146.asp

20. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    I really like the logo and it's party theme. thanks for posting those pics!

21. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I WANT that shirt!

22. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    New C6 site design updated!!!

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/

23. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    note that there is a programming survey!

24. FRAGGLE_ROCKER

FRAGGLE_ROCKER Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2010
    I just took that survey. The Celebration VI site looks so busy.

25. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I took the survey too. I wish there were an option to vote for adults-only laser tag. :p