main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVI Star Wars Celebration VI Aug 23-26 2012

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Grand Admiral Strife, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I also took the survey. I liked that there were questions about adult-only evening programs though.

I agree on that the SWCVI site is a bit too busy.

2. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I took the survey as well. Some good questions, but I wish they'd had a 'comments' section in their survey instead of just menu answers.

3. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Hey, the CVI website got updated with a new green favicon.

4. Fistofury

Fistofury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002

I noticed on the main page that it says TLC is going to do a special on the speed dating event. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing. I guess as long as it doesn't make the attendees out to be backwards or stupid. Geeks already get a bad wrap.

5. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    TLC? The all-weddings, all-the-time channel? Uh oh.

6. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Hey, all Rebel Legion/501st members: Have you got your tickets to this yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feZQnjRjwk8&feature=youtu.be

7. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Love the feeling of not having to use the phrase "next year" anymore when talking about CVI. =D=

8. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I just finished reading the Celebration V countdown thread. Stupid me:oops: now i can't wait to go after reading everyone's excitement as they packed and headed out:_|

9. sandra

sandra Jedi Knight

Sep 18, 2008
    I got my hotel,ticket to celebration,money.Iam ready. Jedi sandra.[:D] [face_dancing]

10. FRAGGLE_ROCKER

FRAGGLE_ROCKER Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2010
    (Nevermind, I read more information.)

11. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    REMINDER:

Deadline for completing the Programming & Guest Survey is Feb. 1st.

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/Whats-Happening/Programming-Survey/

12. DarthSithster

DarthSithster Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2004
    I am planning on going to this one. I have been out of the Star Wars scene for quite some time. Last one I went to was C2 in Indy. I expect Orlando will be HOT in August!

13. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Finally got all my tickets! I'm ready to go!

Now i just got to get on this diet plan

14. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I just bought my main tickets as well, still need a one way ticket Orlando-NY after CVI.

I'm also nerdy enough to take one extra stop on the way home so that I can fly with the A380 NY-Frankfurt.

15. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Right now, 2/9/12 I am 60lbs lighter then I was at CV. Im hoping to have another 20 off by CVI.

16. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    That's amazing! Congrats!

17. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Special 6's today - Exactly 6 more months till C6!

18. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Woo-hoo! It's closer than it seems. :D

19. joesdomain

joesdomain Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2006
    I know I am not going to Celebration VI. I can only hope Celebration VII is moved to closer location to me. I saw Star Wars Episode I in 3-D last month. I got my blu-ray dvd copy of star wars. Plus all the seasons of the clone wars on blu-ray. Just waiting for the next Star Wars Battlefront to come out on PS3.

I am hoping Star Wars Celebration VII is in Indianapolis, IN. They hosted a great CIII. Never went to CII. We made alot of happy New York Giants and New England Patriots fans happy with hosting the 2012 Super Bowl. Hosting a super bowl, Indianapolis 500 and Brickyard 400 the 3 largest sporting events plus 1 Pan American Gamesin 1980's and numerous Big Ten Tournments. Indianapolis host the NCAA Men's and Women's Tournamnet every 5 years. Compact Downtown, new midfield terminal, a downtown mall, with expanded convention center. Brand new convention center hotel!

I will settle for a new sequel to star wars battlefront for PS3.

20. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    If what Steve Sansweet said in an interview is anything to go by, then I am hoping the next Celebration will be outside the US.

Steve said, that one of the reasons LFL had choosen Reed as a partner was, that they had offices all over the world making it easyer to do Celebrations in other countries. He also said, that it is the intention to have a Celebration every 2 years going forward.

Now, I am sure Celebration VII will be in USA, but I would not be surprised if they had a Celebration Australia or Celebration Europe II before CVII.
    Personally I am hoping for a Celebration Australia. [face_dancing]
    And no I don't live anywhere near Australia. Australia is actually about as far away as it can get from me, shot of having it on a boat 3K miles southeast of Australia. Hey, that would actually not be a bad idea either.:p

21. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    WTHR 13 news did a piece on the Convention center last summer upon its new completion and WTHR said "The convention center has a booking of 7 years in advance" ,SO if LFL made that commentment already,I don't know if we will see another Celebration in Indy for a wile. It might me CX....

22. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    Hey kids, it's time to start wookie for nub in Alderaan places, wookie for nub because Star Wars Speed Dating is back!

http://starwarscelebration.com/Whats-Happening/Events-R-Z/Speed-Dating/

23. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    TFN Main is also reporting that costume pageants are back.

As expected, Star Wars Celebration VI will play host to a couple of Costume Pageants on Friday, August 24th and Sunday, August 26th.

Note that the registration deadline is July 15 on these. Hit the link above for the story and a link for rules, etc.

24. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    So are all posts from the Temp boards gone?
    Does that mean that according to this board CVI hasn't happened yet?
    *drives back to the airport*

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    WOOHOO!!! VILLA PARTAY!