main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVI Star Wars Celebration VI Aug 23-26 2012

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Grand Admiral Strife, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Rosen Centre was just as close as the Peabody.

2. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I stayed for free at my cousin's place and got a nice deal on a rental car too!

Orlando would be a good place to hold the con, as long as it's at a different time of year I won't mind it at all. That being said, there were also rumors of C5 being held in Los Angeles again, but the falling out between LFL and GenCon put the kibosh on that. Some place in the Midwest wouldn't be a bad idea as the last 2 celebrations were held on both coasts, the Midwest (Chicago or Indy, maybe the Twin Cities) would seem to be a likely destination.

3. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Like I said before, if its in Orlando again, it would be ideal to have it in May/June, with the con from Mon-Thurs, and then Star Wars Weekends Fri-Sun. :D

Oh, and the Rosen Centre was great (1-2 min walk), with a 24/7 deli and store, a Walgreens across the street, walking-distance restaurants and lots of SW celebs!

4. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    Knowing what the weather would be like in Florida, I still didn't let that factor prevent me from going to CV. Where ever it's being held in the future, I'll be there again!
    And I did complete my journey in visiting Universal, Disney and Sea World; loved the parties; meetings lots of great fans and I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.

5. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Ooooh. Maybe I'll be able to make it over this time. :D

6. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Just my two cents on rumors I heard. Directly after CIV , Every rumor I herd said the same thing , CV-VII would be in LA.
    Nuff said.

7. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    I'll bring 2 gallons of ice cold Blue Milk to cool ya'll off.

8. Dunc T'racen

Dunc T'racen Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 11, 2000
    It's possible that was the plan at the time, but the GenCon lawsuit (as they would probably have been the ones who made the deal) may have scuttled it.

Not that I'm hoping the Florida rumors are true. Ugh.

9. Beretta911

Beretta911 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    Orlando is an outstanding location for a SW Celebration, I thought it was way better than Indianapolis or LA. And I live in Washington state so its not like it's super easy for me to get there. I do agree it was way too hot, but that was a minor concern.

I'm crossing my fingers Orlando gets C6, hopefully in May 2013.

And I do believe I heard Sansweet say wherever they go for the next one, it will not be in August.

10. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Yeah, and he did say he'd let us know one year in advance. So if he's leaving in April, then I expect C 6 to be April 2012 :p

11. Beretta911

Beretta911 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    He is still going to be involved with Star Wars and Lucasfilm, just not in a day to day capacity. So I see him acting as a "consultant" type capacity, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him at opening ceremonies in C6, which my money will be on it being in 2013, 2012 would be fine w/ me though.

12. Dratz

Dratz Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2010
    I have emailed people at Reed who are out of the office. A couple of them had out of office auto replies.

One from a senior position listed the upcoming events (that he/she would apparently be involved in).

The last one is

Star Wars Celebration VI

13. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    Well, that's two inadvertant leaks from Reed about 2012 being the date. I'm ready to put that date in stone, now we just need a month and location.

14. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I was so happy to see that CVI discussions have already started! I'd love for it to be in Florida again.

15. chucknotsteve

chucknotsteve Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2010
    Yes!!!!
    How soon do they usually set an official date before the actual Celebration?

16. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    About 9-12 months in advance.

17. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    CVI in 2012? alright...I'm there...I don't care where or when...although Orlando has been my favorite so far.

18. zn-1

zn-1 Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2010
    Why exactly would Celebration VI be at the 29-year anniversary mark for Return of the Jedi, while the IV and V were at the 30-year mark for A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back? I'm pretty sure it'll be in 2013.. if it's not, then it makes no sense.. who celebrates 29 years when you're about to hit 30? Lol..

19. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    Because its not for the 30th anniversary of Jedi, its for the 3D release of Phantom Menace. :p

C IV was the first time they did a Celebration without a movie to push, it was mere coincidence that CII (for AotC) was the 25th anniversary of ANH, just as CIII was for RotS, not the 25th of Empire.

Besides, 2012 is the 35th for A New Hope. :p

20. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    It's also the 10th anniversary of the greatest prequel of them all: Attack of the Clones. :p

21. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I still don't understand why they aren't going to have it in 2013... it would seem resonable with the anniversaries and such... beside give us more time to save money. ;) But why give RotJ the shaft? ESB isn't everyone's favorite film... for some of us it is RotJ. :p

If it is Orlando again, I'll go. I said that I wasn't going to go to CV because it was in Orlando and knew it would be hot in stormtrooper armor, but I did go and I had a blast. Or course I didn't have either of my parents with me, I had my friends. :p

22. Baco_Sapan

Baco_Sapan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2010
    One can only hope that this rumor is true. I can't bear the thought of waiting all the way till 2013 to go to another Star Wars convention. It's just to far man, lol. Celebration V was so much fun. It was hands down one of the greatest/most fun moments of my life and when it was over I just felt really down :( I mean I always feel generally down anytime I get out of a convention (cause I've been to several of them) because they're just so darn fun. But this was my first Star Wars convention and I've been a fan of Star Wars since I was a kid. So this was just such an awesome experience for me and when I heard that generally these cons only go down once every 3 years, that was just a total bummer for me. That's just to long of a stretch and I would much rather prefer to attend these conventions at least once every 2 years. So, I hope it's true. Cause I would love to do it all again very soon.

As far as where they have it, as long as it's here in the States, I won't really care where it's at. I didn't think Florida was such a bad choice. I have relatives in the Orlando area (so I got to room with them for free) and I'm from Puerto Rico so the heat didn't really bother me. I mean I was dressed up as a Shistavenen Jedi (a Werewolf Jedi. Some of ya'll might've seen me) wearing a wolf mask and wolf gloves on my body and at one point I walked all the way to the McDonald's down the street and back. You can only imagine how hot I was in that, lol. But, it didn't really bother me so I wouldn't mind if they had it in Florida again.

But I'm actually hoping that they'll bring it to DC next time around. Cause that's where I live and the thought of Celebration 6 being held at the nations capital sounds pretty epic to me :) But then again, by that time I may not even be living here. Still, I know this area very well so it would be awesome to me if they brought it here to DC. That's where my vote goes. Midwest or West side of the US, I've never set foot out there. So I'd be much more comfortable it they kept it here on the East coast, lol. But wherever Celebration goes, I go too :)

23. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    How did the McDonalds employees react to the appearance of a wolfman customer? :p

24. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    It might also be that the rumour of a Celebration in 2012, means a non-US celebration. I definitely think Australia deserves its first celebration, and there have been a lot of talk about a Celebration Europe II since CV.

25. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Unfortunately I think that the current strength of our dollar means a C-Oz is unlikely at the moment. Which is a big shame as I really would like them to come down and do one here.