main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVI Star Wars Celebration VI Aug 23-26 2012

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Grand Admiral Strife, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Phantom_Jedi

Phantom_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    Lol! Good call!

C'mon Reed, bring CVI back to Orlando - you know it makes sense!

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Celebrations have been in the US. That's why they had Celebration Europe and Celebration Japan (and maybe Celebration Australia and/or Celebration Europe II in the future).

I'm hoping for 2013 for ROTJ's anniversary.

3. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    As fans have recently posted, Reed Exhibitions said that the location would be a "total surprise"--or something to that effect. Has anyone considered that they might host it in New York, where they have the New York Comic-Con? I hope they don't, though! Did anyone notice at CV the lack of Lucasfilm participation--namely, exhibits that were there from CII through CIV--that were not there this time? At CV, things were really spread out--a lot of empty space.

4. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    To me, it is not too early to announce a 2013 date for another Celebration. I like the idea of a ROTJ anniversary.

5. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    +1. The more time Reed & LFL give for fans to plan and save, the better.

6. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Especially with this economy...:rolleyes:

7. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    While I agree, that the sooner the announcement the better, then I don't understand what difference it should make in relations to saving up for the event.

Why not start as early as possible to save money rather than waiting for the announcement?

8. Phantom_Jedi

Oct 4, 2002
    Next year or 2013 doesn't really matter to me. Location is probably more important at this stage (still looking for an Orlando return so that I can tie a vacation into our trip), but the chances are, wherever in the U.S. that they place it, we will be there!

9. Beretta911

Beretta911 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    If memory serves the announcement of C4 was made in late May 2006 so if the average lead time is about a year I think C6 is more than likely going to be in 2012, unless of course Lucasfilm wants to give us a huge heads up. Which would be nice, it?s more time for people to save for the event.

I?d like to see it be 2013 for the 30th of ROTJ, I think that would be a great theme for the event. But I get the sense Lucasfilm has more interest in promoting Clone Wars and the 3D releases.

My vote goes to Orlando!

10. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    My wife and I start adding to our "Celebration Fund" for the next Celebration as soon as we get back home from each one.

11. Phantom_Jedi

Oct 4, 2002
    We don't have a fund, we just kind of wing it. A Celebration is announced? Okay, we're going. How much cash do we have? lol!

12. Phantom_Jedi

Oct 4, 2002
    According to Star Wars Action News, Steve Sansweet says that there will be a Celebration in 2012, and every other year there after!

I'm still listening to it, so will update with anything else I find in the interview afterwards.

13. Phantom_Jedi

Oct 4, 2002
    Okay, so the interviewers implied that CVI would be in 2012, Steve neither confirmed or denied this in his interview, and Lance's blog post doesn't actually mention 2012, so it's still unclear where everyone is getting this date from. Maybe it's just that the news of a date announcement is imminent, and because of that people are assuming it's next year?

What Steve does say, is that Reed and Lucasfilm want to make sure from here on out that fans have enough notice about when a Celebration is going to take place and where, so that we can all have plenty of time to arrange vacation time and save cash. He also says that they'd like to have a Celebration every other year, but doesn't exactly state from what year - just that this is a plan that they have and it will be monitored depending on how well the previous event went. It was also suggested that these events will not always be in the U.S., so there could well be more European Celebrations, and events in other countries down the line.

He also mentioned that venues are considered depending on what else there is for people to do outside of, or as an external part of, Celebration. So there is still hope that, for the moment, that we could return to Orlando. One other thing that Steve said is that even if a Celebration has appeared in one location already, that doesn't automatically eliminate it from appearing there again - which is good news!

I think that was all. I'll listen to it again and see if anything else Celebration wise is relevant.

14. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Celebration every other year. I like that.

15. Eric Geller

Eric Geller TFN Staff Emeritus star 1 VIP

Mar 2, 2005
    Something interesting from a poster on the Rebelscum forums:

I too would like it to be in 2013 to celebrate ROTJ, but if it's a year earlier and it still incorporates everything that we know and love about Celebrations, I won't be complaining.

16. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    If it's in 2012, I'll go and I'll have a damn fun time, but I would like to see it in 2013 to celebrate RotJ the way the past two have celebrated ANH and ESB.

17. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Whenever C6 is announced, I hope OnPeak releases their hotel blocks for reservations right after the announcement.

18. Phantom_Jedi

Oct 4, 2002
    Being from the UK, we just usually book the hotel either through a package holiday, (If available) or independently before the show releases the discounted ones. We just like the security of knowing we have a place to stay, as the discounted ones appear very hit and miss.

19. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Gonna be awfully weird not having Steve up on stage during the Opening Ceremonies...

20. FRAGGLE_ROCKER

FRAGGLE_ROCKER Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2010
    I'm all for next year. "I'm getting too old for this sort of thing." No not really, I just couldn't resist...but some people involved in STAR WARS are. Let's get them out there soon as possible.
    There seems to be more going on with STAR WARS next year for Lucasfilm to celebrate, instead of just to wait another year to commemorate the release of a movie. The Clone Wars' fourth season will wrap and the first of the 3-D films will hit theaters. The Empire Strikes Back's anniversary was something that not only SW fans noticed, but the mainstream media because of its reputation for being one of the best sequels. Return of the Jedi unfortunately isn't so highly regarded by all. I doubt we'll see magazine cover stories. Three years at this point just seems so long. If "The Clone Wars" does conclude with a fifth season, that would wrap up in 2013 and I think Lucasfilm would want to push a new season in between seasons rather than after the show ends, like they pushed Season 3 (and the 3-D release of the saga-concluding and prequel fan favorite Ep III) more than an anniversary and the 3-D release of Ep 2.
    That is considering the reasons for the timing of the Celebrations are just for such marketing purposes.

21. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    5 weeks max left to go...

22. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    With the late announcement last time, I'm not holding my breath. Be kinda nice to get an early annoucement though. [face_whistling]

23. 327Nubian

327Nubian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2009
    If they decide to have it in Florida again, I may cry. In 2007, they had it on the West coast. 2010, East coast. Personally, I'm pushing for a midwest location.

24. Phantom_Jedi

Oct 4, 2002
    I'm hoping for a Orlando return. It has been the best venue and location by far. Also very convenient for International guests to get to. I remember the nightmare of connecting flights to get to Indianapolis for CIII! Hopefully never again!

25. Phantom_Jedi

Oct 4, 2002
    I've just seen this.

A huge SW exhibition in Orlando at the end of 2012? Could this be a sign that CVI is headed back there? I hope so!