main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVI Star Wars Celebration VI Aug 23-26 2012

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Grand Admiral Strife, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Phantom_Jedi

Phantom_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    We're almost there...al..most...there ;)

2. Phantom_Jedi

Oct 4, 2002
    (Hopefully) Just one more week until we hear something. Keep those fingers crossed people!

3. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Where are the leaks, this close we usually had a bite or two, ughhhhhhhh

4. Phantom_Jedi

Oct 4, 2002
    If it is Orlando (Please!!!), hopefully something might be said at this weekend's Star Tours opening.

5. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Could be a good thing - maybe we're bypassing any leaks and getting straight to the official announcement. ;)

6. Baco_Sapan

Baco_Sapan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2010
    I know it's a little late. But dang, am I glad to know they're finally gonna announce the date and location pretty soon :D Glad I caught this now. Something was telling me to come back to TFN. LOL! Well, I guess we'll know by next week :)

I'm also shocked to know that they're announcing this thing already. But then again, by August it would've been a whole year since the last con. So I guess it makes sense to announce it now since we're already close to the 1 year mark...dang...time does fly, lol.

As far as where the locations at, I too would also love for it to be in Florida again. But I don't think it's gonna be there. Otherwise, where's the "surprising host city" element gonna be if it just turns out to be the same city? But it doesn't matter, cause as long as it's here in the States and as long as I'm not deployed by that time, I'm going :) And I also hope it'll be in 2013 and not next year. Plenty of time to save and get more cosplays :D lol. We'll see next week. Can't wait!!! :D

7. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    We don't know for certain that we'll be getting an official announcement soon unfortunately. Lance from Reed Expo said it was possible but not definitive we hear C6 details during this timeframe.

But I'm holding out hope as well...

8. Baco_Sapan

Baco_Sapan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2010
    Good enough for me :)

9. jedimomtosith

jedimomtosith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2009
    CV was my 1st "Celebration" and it was greatest event in my life!
    As much as I hope C6 is in Orlando, the statement of a "surprise location" troubles me.
    And like "Baco_Sapan" I too hope it's in 2013 and not 2012. Why? you ask? Cuz my life size, drivable, speeder "swoop" bike I'm building (that Aurra Sing rides) wont be ready by 2012! Unlike OCC, I can't get a custom bike build in one episode...LOL!

10. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    A mere few days away now...

11. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I, too hope that it is in 2013. As you know, that will give everyone more planning time--including time to save more money!

Maybe all of us who have been discussing the advent of C6 should meet at the Celebration. However (as JediJustin has said in the past), is it time to "get pumped up, people!!!"?

12. Phantom_Jedi

Oct 4, 2002
    Apparently Sansweet told someone at Star Wars Weekends last week, that we are at least 2 - 3 weeks away from a CVI announcement! I hope this isn't the case and that we hear something tomorrow!

A meet up would be good, but probably hell to organise in amongst the chaos of a Celebration. If it can be done, I'm in.

13. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I start getting pumped up for the next Celebration shortly after returning home from the previous one! ;)

14. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    *crickets chirp*

Is it Friday yet?

(The wait for a C6 announcement at SWWs gives us yet another reason to ask this question.)

15. Beretta911

Beretta911 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    The word of the day is suspense!

16. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    C'mon Reed, ol' buddy, don't let me (all of us) down!!

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Looks like a website just went up: http://www.starwarscelebration.com/

We're getting closer! [face_dancing]

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  18. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Yes baby!!!

Newsletter request away!!!

19. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Just saw that myself as well.

20. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Sounds like it's time to change the name of this forum...

21. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    You can't stop the change any more
    than you can stop the suns from setting.

22. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Pretty sure I wouldn't be able to go no matter where it was, but still quite curious. :)

23. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Couple this C6 teaser with Lucas' comments on the live-action series on tonight's AOTS episode, and it's gonna be pretty tough to fall asleep tonight.

24. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    What did he say about the live action series?

25. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/George_Lucas_Talks_SW_LiveAction_Series_138409.asp