main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Celebration VI

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Grimby , May 24, 2011.

1. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    In!

So... what will the hotel plans be? Embassy Suites again?

2. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Catz & nnay are looking into them right now, can't book anything until August 2011. I would love to have a plan A & B, maybe C and then we all agree on one of them (still having a back up plan) and all stay together.

Doesn't look like you can get much closer then that group of hotels. The Peabody is sold out.

I want to get as much as possible for my $ so drinks & food sounds good :D

3. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I agree...free is good. and half the fun is being at the same hotel. I mean it wasn't horrible last year, but it just wasn't the same and now we know that the trolley runs on I-drive more than the other and the shuttles will be running too!

4. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005

No Smartass, it's called "Too DAMN Costly" :p

5. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I'll tell you what it's called, but I can't say it on the boards :p

Vacation request is in & will be approved :D Costume planning was already under way and I'm on the CVI FanForce Planning Team again.

6. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    If I've managed to finally get all of my upgrades completed by then... I'm looking to make it an extended vacation, starting with CVI, touring the sweat box for a bit, and ending it with D*Con.

7. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    AUGUST!?!?!
    [image=http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg]

8. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    Oh your going! You can be miserable at home, or less miserable at C6

9. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I'm actually thinking one of the closer hotels to the convention center. The embassy suites is great, but I think I'd rather be closer so I can walk back and forth and maybe not be dripping in my own sweat afterward.

10. Katsu_MaRoy

Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2006
    I'm thinking Condo rental....anyone in? some of these places I'm looking at have 3 bedrooms, kitchen, etc.

I may book to hold one close to the convention center now, just to be safe. They run anywhere from 120-185 per night. Not per person, so it would be a real steal.

11. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Some friends of mine stayed in a condo and it was awesome. Only thing is it's farther away from the convention center than the hotels and there's no free shuttle to and from, so you'd have to take taxis or rent a car.

12. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003

13. You have the choice of the Rosen Center which is 119 a night and what I have been reading is a little wok and the Peabody which is 170 a night and those are the convention rates. I have been hearing rumors the both might be sold out. Those are the two closest and the Rosen is supposed to be a little walk. But I would bet they are not sold out yet.

14. Katsu_MaRoy

Nov 21, 2006
    Yep. At least I don't see the Rosen on there any more. It was there at lunch, but my computer was acting up, so I just got back on line to see it gone, which is why I'm looking at plan B

BTW, the condo idea does have one caveat. Most of those are 1 bed per bedroom.

15. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    [image=http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv34/rainelawliet/Blog/Vader-Do-Not-Want.jpg]

16. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I agree!!!! [face_shame_on_you]

I'll end up going, I'm sure, but dude, I wish it weren't Orlando in August! :_|

Do you guys need any help with hotel room researchy stuff?

17. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I might be interested that idea, but as with all things right now, I can't totally commit at the moment. I am going to CVI, one way or another, but if I'm actually a full functioning human being, I thought I'd take the time between CVI and D*C to visit up the coast (always wanted to do that...you know, sober and on land this time), and then end my vacation at D*C. :) Savannah, Hilton Head, Beaufort, Charleston, swing through Columbia to see my godsister and then on to Atlanta for D*C... My first full-fledged vacation in forever.

18. Katsu_MaRoy

Nov 21, 2006
    I don't think I can swing both next year unless things get a whole lot better financially. I did it last year and it was pretty bad on the ol' pocketbook.

19. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    [face_dancing] I am up for being together as a group and as close to the convention center as possible.

I suspect some of those rooms will fee up over time......??

Start saving the pennys.

20. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Can't tell, do you mean "fee" ore "free"? 'Cause either one could be applicable here. :p

21. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Well after looking into many, many hotels. We have decided to book Embassy Suites International Dr South, it has the extra living space in the hotel room ie the couch/living area, free breakfast, and drinks at night. Its a nice hotel and got good reviews on TripAdvisor.

The StarWars 3rd party booking agent is now taking reservation for this hotel, you cannot book through the hotel until August since they dont take reservation more then a year out.

The rate with the StarWars booking is $119 a night, they will charge a deposit equal to one nights stay 30 days prior to visit, it is refunded after you stay there. Also the cancellation policy is 72 hours prior to visit. Their number is 1-866-385-4836. Not sure how many rooms at each hotel they have so it could be very limited at this price.

The likely rate for it through Embassy Suites will be $139 a night (and I am roughly basing this on the current rate this coming August) I could very likely be more if they up the rate for the convention.

22. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    for double-bed it is $139/night...but still not too bad. Booked one for me and the Sith's.

23. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I assume that's the same place we stayed (or tried to) last time? It's pretty nice!

I'm thinking we'll probably be renting a car again.

24. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    Yep, same place. It was a great hotel and fairly close via trolley/shuttle. Ben and I roomed with 2 other people from the boards and I'd totally do it again.

Yeah, it is a bit of a walk, like Ben said, but hey...we all need the sweaty exercise, right? [face_hypnotized]

25. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    So does this mean that we all should make our individual reservations for this hotel now? Is there a group rate where we make one reservation for many of us?

26. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    These are the con rates, I doubt they will do a group discount, they did not last time. I am sure you can wait, I just wanted to book now so I do not have to worry about it and I know how much I need to save.