main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Celebration VI

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Grimby , May 24, 2011.

1. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Did u ever park at the convention? If so, how much was it and was it very expensive?

2. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Embassy is certainly nice, and has the advantage of the kitchenette. I was able to make a reservation at Rosen Plaza a few minutes ago. It's advantage is it is right across the street? I took the liberty of creating a group reservation for six rooms just in case. Just need to firm it up by July 2012 if we so choose. I think I could add to that if need be.

3. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I hate that it's in Orlando in August again.

I hate that as we all talked about it at the last one and ever since everyone has said "i'm never going back if it's in Orlando in August again".

I hate that as soon as they announced that everyone has said "i'm of course going back there again".

I hate that I don't wanna go back to Orlando in August again.

I hate that I've been to four out five of them so far, and it's some of the best times i've had with you all.

I hate that Amy has never been to one and feels like she's missed out.

I hate you all...

Room booked at the Embassy Suite I-Drive.

4. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    parking information...

Parking Rates

The fee for parking at the OCCC is $13.00 per car per entry and $25.00 for oversized vehicles, i.e. buses, per entry.

After 5:00 p.m., the charge is $8.00 per car per entry and $16.00 per oversized vehicle per entry.

The OCCC accepts cash, traveler's checks, American Express, MasterCard and Visa.

5. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Mel...what dates did you reserve? I put wednesday-wednesday to be safe, we can change it later as we need.

6. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Michael...........well we LOOOOOVVVVVEEEE you! :p

Oh you might want to request a crib in your room, they only have a limited amount and its a pain in the butt to take. ;)

7. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    We are getting into Florida on the 16th and leaving on the 28th. We will be going and visiting family the weekend we get in. Then orlando on Monday to go to disney and seaworld. Then the con and then Universal and home.

Can't wait, good times will be had.

8. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    ohh something in the Rosen favor...

The 316 foot bridge was built at a cost of $2 million so that guest and convention goers can spend more time walking inside an air conditioned space, and lessen the outdoor time spent. Don?t forget the hotel?s convention space now easily reached, offering up meeting rooms, ball rooms, breakout rooms and of course, the hotel itself with rooms and restaurants.

9. catz44

Jul 25, 2004

How much is it a night?

10. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    I think I'll wait on making a hotel reservation until after the June meeting. Perhaps a hotel for the RMFF will be chosen by then. It sounds like it is still the Embassy, but I'll let you and Courtney make the final decision.

11. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    Since Michael said it so...vehemently...perhaps this can be the last time anyone can pre-complain about the weather in Orlando in August? Pretty please, perhaps? There are so many more interesting things to talk about, IMHO.

If you want to complain about the weather in the future in Florida, feel free to do so in the weather thread. It's feeling lonely anyway.

12. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Parking was free there, and there was never a problem finding a space at that hotel. Parking is generally not a problem in Orlando. It's very much a car friendly city.

13. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Good luck with that.

14. cyodarun

Apr 23, 2002
    Price for the Rosen Plaza = $99 double occupancy, $119 triple, $139 quad. I do not know if the rooms are any different. I suspect not? MA. I am stepping into a meeting, will call you in a bit.

15. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Ok sounds good...

I called the Roslen...pros...there is a bridge that connects to the OCCC so you only walk outside for 5 mins, otherwise you are in AC comfort.
    con, NO fridge in the room, nor is there breakfast or happy hour.

ES, pro free breakfast, free happy hour.

16. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    There are two hotels, one is the Rosen Plaza and the other is the Rosen Center. I think the Rosen Center is the one that is near the convention center. Just FYI....

17. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
  18. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009

I hate DWRD's "Size Matters Not" banana hammock.

:mad:

19. Katsu_MaRoy

Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2006
    The Rosen Centre is closer, and the walk is pretty short. Plus, Lucasfilm uses this as their official hotel, so star sightings are more likely. ;)

The Rosen opened up again, and then Saturday was booked. I grabbed two nights, and will continue to keep an eye on this.

Also the EXTENDED STAY suites is closer, cheaper than the Embassy suites. Theropod stayed there last year (I think) and thought it was pretty good. Kitchenette, etc. Down side is that you may not yet be able to book.

I have 2 hotel.com stays left, so I'm gonna try and use them at the Rosen, but won't be able to try until Sept.

20. jedijaysin

jedijaysin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 15, 2011
    I just booked a room yesterday at the Peabody for the 22nd through the 27th.The hotel room is $209 for three people a night, but it is an awesome hotel; and right across the street from the convention center.

21. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    thank you for posting this jana...

It just dawned on me. C6 is next year for the 35th anniversary of Star Wars :) I am less irked now.

22. The_Kwisatz_Haderach

The_Kwisatz_Haderach Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2010
    I'm trying to recall where I stayed last year and can't. It was a relatively short walk from the convention (10 to 15 min) and I enjoyed my stay. I'd like to room with people this time. Seems like that ups the fun and lowers the cost, so cool. Win Win. However, I won't be booking anything myself until I am employed again. But come Hell or high water, I will be at CVI!!!

23. cyodarun

Apr 23, 2002
    The Rosen Plaza is on the other side of the convention center from the Rosen Centre, website says .1 miles. I have been looking for Rosen Centre openings as well, but no luck so far. At least we have alot of options....oh and over a year to figure it out :p

24. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    That pretty well sums up my feelings as well. My motivation for going is to have the experience with all of you; I wouldn't go just for the con itself.

I was thinking... does this make us kinda like lemmings? Except instead of going over a cliff, we're going to Orlando in August? :confused:

25. The_Kwisatz_Haderach

The_Kwisatz_Haderach Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2010
    Honestly, as brutal as Orlando is in Aug, I don't care. I went last year by myself, just for the cool experience and was totally blown away by how awesome it all was. I'd do it solo again if I had too. The fact that I'll be attending with my friends this time around makes me not care about the heat. (I say this now, but I fully intend to be costumed up for this one and my tune will likely change. Stand by, and have the "you were saying?"'s ready.)

Other then my recent adventures in New Zealand, CV was the most fun I've had in forever. Plus it directly lead me to finding this group of most excellent people. After the great time I had at Starfest, I can't wait to get back to Orlando, heat and all.