main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Celebration VI

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Grimby , May 24, 2011.

1. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I recall at least 4 Rebel Pilots running in the pouring rain to catch the trolley.......

.........did not have a heart attack = good

..........and one of my most memorable moments of CV included DH, SC, T, and I [:D]

............when we jumped on the bus, the driver states: The Force is with us folks......I will never forget that....

...............it is the "little things"...yes?

I have no issue with August other than I think it is a really really bad business decision considering Dragon Con is 2 weeks later....?

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    It's actually the very next weekend. :)

3. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Hum... just saw this and found out the dates. And here Omar and I were talking about heading to Orlando next year anyways to take the jawa to Disney and Universal. Maybe we just found out dates to go but it depends on the family.

4. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I don't think Reed even factors that in.

75% of the people going probably don't even know what DragonCon is.

5. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Yeah, that really was amazing. I was about to keel over and pass out, but other than that little detail, good times with good friends. [:D]

6. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Maybe not that bad, considering people who really want to go to both can now take a single vacation to do so instead of two.

I want to stay either at one of the Rosens or the Peabody. I want to be able to walk across the street and be right there at the convention center. The Rosen Center would be the best choice I guess, as that's the one they're building the pedestrian bridge for, but of course you can't book it right now. The Rosen Plaza and Peabody both appear to have vacancies right now, and it looks like Mel already booked a block of rooms!

7. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Just called Extended Stay. They can't book this far in advance, hotel clerk says only six months in advance, yet website will let me book up to May 2012. The Deluxe is aware of my RV parking problem (taking the motorhome and staying at ES Deluxe), and has agreed to let me park way out in back and to make note of it when I make reservations. Azman and I stayed at the ES (regular) and it was just fine (and cheap, too!). I'm planning to stay there again just so I can have a place to park the Beast. I'll know more of my plans when I get back from Omaha. ES might be the headquarters of the R2-Central club...

8. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Uh, I would say that 80% of the people that are going know EXACTLY what Dragon Con is.... too many attendees complained about how close the cons were last year. Too bad I won't have that much vacation time or money to go to both. It's a four-day drive there, five days for the con (got to help setup droid room Wed), a couple days for Disney, etc if I have the money, four days driving back (I don't do 30 hour straight through drives, so no comments on that, please).

9. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=203193147072962791842.00047abd30483f98614b5&z=12

I still can't turn these things into links :( Semitard, that's me.

So here is a map that someone in the CVI thread made, just like last time.

10. Katsu_MaRoy

Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2006
    If you are a member of the 501st or RL, you still can reserve rooms at the Rosen Center, which is the closest Hotel. If you are a member, log in and get it. For those of you that haven't submitted yet, Get Your App In ;)

11. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    It is unlikely I will be able to attend, I want stories!!!!

12. dante144

dante144 Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2005
    FYI, I think that the Peabody is actually the closest hotel to the event. It is right across I-Drive from the event location, whereas the Rosens are on the far ends.

13. Katsu_MaRoy

Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2006
    While the Peabody looks closer on the map, I can assure you that it is on the opposite side of the convention that we'll be using. I almost booked the Peabody last year, and while it is all connected by habitrails, it is a very long walk, indeed.

The Rosen Centre is the closest. I often cut through there on the way to the convention to cool off!

14. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    nice i don't care if i have to walk farther as long as it is in the AC!!! :)

15. dante144

dante144 Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2005
    I live here. If the CVI is in the same area in the same space as CV, Peabody is the closest. there is a crosswalk right across the street with a light and everything. If CVI is in the new expansion of the convention center, Peabody is still on the same side of the street.

The original Orange Convention Center is pretty long, about half a mile. The distance across the street is about half the distance from either the Rosen Plaza or the Rosen Center.

If I were going to stay in a hotel I would stay at the Peabody...but I'll prolly just drive down 408 to I-4.

16. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    IF they are planning to have the convention in the same place (West Concourse), here is a picture.

[image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/nnaydolem/conventioncenter.jpg]

B. is the Rosen CENTRE and according to THIS pix, (see below) here are the hotels that are connected.

[image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/nnaydolem/conventioncenter2.jpg]

17. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Ok here is another view...the Rosen Centre (#9) is directly connected to the WEST Convention Building, which is where it was last year.

18. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Ok so i booked a room at the Rosen CENTRE...Wed-Sunday and i will check into another cheaper hotel that day. When we went last month, we got a hotel for only $49 a nite and it was walking distance to US. I want to go to HP and Disney while i am there. :) HOPEFULLY the new Beast castle will be open by then at DW.

19. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005

So is the Rosen Centre, Rosen Plaza, or Peabody the hotel of choice for the RMFF? Perhaps we can firm this up at the meeting so we can all make reservations and be all neighborly-like? Sounds like the Rosen Centre, but want to confirm.

20. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    There is no way in Hell I will move from one room to another on Sunday, your crazy!!!!

dh & I don't think we will do the parks the following days, I really want to go to D*Con, if I can talk him into it. I wouldn't mind seeing Washington DC then to Atlatna????

Plenty of time. I still want to go to Fandays this year :(

21. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    hey if we can save money i am for that. :) that would be fun for you guys if you've never been.

22. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Personally, I would rather get there and do the parks before the con this time around. Besides, changing hotels on the last day of the con would not be ideal with everything else you'll want to be doing that day. Last year, JT and I switched to a cheaper hotel after the con, but we did it on Monday instead of Sunday.

23. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I would love to be at the Rosen Centre. I wasn't able to get tix when I tried.

I still have 7 rooms reserved at the Rosen Plaza (which I think is on the opposite side of the Convention Center)

If I had to vote (and we were able to get enough rooms) Rosen Centre

I cannot be at the meeting, so that would be my vote. That said, I just want to have fun :)

24. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    We will be staying at Embassey Suits due to the room separation and the breakfast. But if you guys can get the Rosen Cenre, you should.

25. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    I just booked a room at the Rosen Centre. You can call and make a reservation, or use the 501st/RL login I assume.