main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Celebration VI

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Grimby , May 24, 2011.

1. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    Yep, I got it. Here is what it says:

What Would Yoda Do?

"Luke...we have your hotel savings."
    Star Wars Celebration VI has arranged special hotel savings with onPeak, our official housing partner. Through them (and only them), we offer the best hotels, lowest rates, and most amenities when you book using onPeak.

PLUS: enjoy FREE shuttle service between the Orange County Convention Center and a number of our official host hotels.

Room rates start as low as just $65/night.

Start your hotel search

You'd have to be from another galaxy... if you think you can find a better rate!
    Rate/Hotel
    $65/Econolodge Inn & Suites
    $69/Wyndham Orlando Resort
    $82/Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando
    $90/Holiday Inn Castle Hotel Orlando
    $99/Doubletree by Hilton Seaworld
    $99/Embassy Suites - Jamaican Court

There are MORE HOTELS with awesome rates available in the official block.

Our official service.
    The official housing partner of Star Wars Celebration VI is onPeak, the only housing company affiliated with the Celebration. We cannot guarantee room rates or availability by any other company or representative.If other companies contact you for hotel/travel bookings, they are not endorsed by Star Wars Celebration VI. Please add onPeak's email address to your address book: starwarscelebration@onpeakevents.com

The fine print.
    The hotel rates and availability listed above are average nightly rates for single/double room types based on a check-in of 08/22/12 and a check-out of 08/26/12 as of 10:00 CDT on 07/05/11, subject to change. Additional fees, surcharges, taxes, and other restrictions may apply. View our reservation website to customize your search and view up-to-the-minute hotel room availability.

2. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Um, ok. So, two questions:

1. Is there any actual new info in the email?
    2. What is the point of sending an email advertising the service to the people who already have reservations with them? I'm really missing something here, aren't I?

3. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005

The information would be new to those who haven't made any hotel plans. So, I think the impetus behind this email is to light a fire under those people who haven't made hotel reservations to do so and to imply that these are the hotels that still have availability since some are sold out.

I signed up on the site for their e-newsletter, which goes out to everybody, regardless of your hotel plans. It's not a hotel e-newsletter, but a CVI e-newsletter about hotels.

4. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Only those who signed up for the newsletter would have gotten this email (unless they sent it to all 5 billion people on the planet). So, it was actually hotel marketing/update from LFL to those on the newsletter signup and nothing else. I wouldn't worry too much about it. There will still be plenty of rooms within a few months (I'm making my reservation Sept 1st). No hotel has been completely sold out in the past, too many have cancelled their reservations at the last minute. This is just a very common marketing tool to get more people into "their" hotels (all of them way too overpriced anyway). No need to panic yet.

5. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Thanks for posting that, JT, I was on my BB and had to wait until I got home to read the whole thing. And then I forgot [face_blush]

6. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    Happy to help, Zoo.

7. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Ah, got it. I didn't know about the newsletter so I couldn't think of where a list would come from. This makes much more sense than advertising to people who'd already signed up.

8. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    You can sign up here, if you're interested in all that great SW CVI advertising: http://www.starwarscelebration.com/LP/Newsletter/

9. dante144

dante144 Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2005
    the Wyndham is a bit down the road, on Sandlake Drive, but it is a great hotel!

10. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    ....so there is a SLIGHT chance I can actually make this. Anyone willing to room with a potentially last minute nerdy addition!?[face_praying]

11. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    You're in luck, because there's a SLIGHT chance we may have room for one more person ("we" being Jonathan, Nick, and myself).

12. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Apr 27, 2009
    DIBS!!! P.S. Jonathan, you're the little spoon! [face_skull]

13. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    Just be sure to keep your little lego in your tidy whities!

14. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
  15. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
  16. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I don't even what to know how you know he wears tidy whities? [face_sick]

17. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    We all now know where the party will be at C VI!

18. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Apr 27, 2009
    For the record, they are "TIGHTY WHITIES".....the only thing that is "tidy" in my underoos are the laser guided, strategically placed skidmarks. :eek:

Second, I will have you know that my "little Lego" puts you little womp rat to shame [:D] . <insert 'go ask your mom/wife/mistress/dog' joke here> (p.s. pay close attention to the emoticon here...that's not a hug, buddy.)

Lastly, and most importantly, I go comando. All the time. Like Arnold Schwartzeneger Commando. ALL the time. [face_mischief]

See you soon ROOMIE!!!

19. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    LOL

I would love to be fly on the wall in this room. :p

20. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Oh, right. I was supposed to make a reservation for my sister. Hm. Guess I'd better get going on that. [face_tired]

21. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    *blink* Am I missing something, or is the rate for Embassy through the con website exactly the same as the standard Embassy rate through their regular website? o_O Color me skeptical, but aren't "savings" supposed to mean you spend less money? :confused:

22. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Ok, seriously?? [face_frustrated]

They won't let me make a reservation using my sister's credit card either. It expires the same month as CVI. I thought that would be sufficient - you can still use it during the month it expires, right? - but apparently not. How the heck are they expecting people to make reservations? Given how far out the date is, there have got to be a lot of people who have credit cards that expire before the con. Is there some trick I am missing here??

23. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Not sure. My card's expiration date is 5 months after the con.

I'm not surprised Embassy's price is the same both ways. Some hotels just aren't willing to provide a special con rate.

24. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    i think the trick is you can book early thru the con.

25. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    Perhaps you can call your credit card company and ask them to renew your card membership and, thus, get an expiration date farther out? Just a thought.