main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Celebration VI

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Grimby , May 24, 2011.

1. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    Oh man he is gonna have a blast! Are you guys going to Disney at all for Star Tours?

2. jedijaysin

jedijaysin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 15, 2011
    I would love to see Star Tours as well, but I will have to see what my wallet looks like next year!

3. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Don't get me wrong, I love that you got them and to do that with your son is beyond awesome. I would totally do it if Cory was my kid too, he's a great kid. Hope you guys have the time of your life, I'm sure you will.

I just didn't know if I could get the full value out of it, I would say most likely not :(

4. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005

It's just around the corner!

5. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    bump......

Because this should NOT be on page 3 but should ALWAYS be on page 1! :D

6. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Who is planning on visiting Disney/universal etc. before CVI and who is planning for afterward?

I'm thinking since Abby will be in preschool next year we are going to try to plan for before so she misses the least amount of school.

7. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    Alas, I will just be attending the convention next year, due to digging myself out of a financial hole that was so sweet getting into.

8. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I will be going before hand..for sure. I am hoping that Belle's castle will be open. I think that Rebecca & my friend Christina will be coming. i am thinking the saturday before...couple days at disney and of course one at HP!!

i'll be keeping an eye out of discount coupons and such. Most likely will do a hotwire hotel & rental car and be splitting the cost...

9. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    I think we are going to order out tickets in the next few weeks.

Most airlines arent booking that far yet. I looked at Frontier just to look, tickets are $400. I'm sure they will go down. Plus we will probably try for Southwest because of the free baggage and we will have a lot of baggage.

10. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    SW is who i use as well...still looking at discounts on hotwire for hotels before-hand.

11. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Getting the motorhome ready for it's long trip! Taking it to Camping World this weekend for it's checkup. R2-AL and I travel in style, no airport crap. I love to fly, just hate airports.

I'll probably pull my 5x8 trailer behind, so if you need luggage/totes/costumes/droids (OK, that's me)/props/stuff that can't be checked through an airport, let me know. All I ask is a donation towards gas (whatever you can afford).

12. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005

For those of us willing to fly Southwest to save on baggage fees and are okay with the cattle call of seating method that they have, do we want to pick a flight together? I know some people are planning to go early and some may be staying late, but I'm willing to fly with others so we can coordinate our flights and possibly other travel plans.

I'd prefer Southwest because I anticipate having two checked bags, which will cost you anywhere from $40 to $60 total on other airlines...each way. Or if you ship stuff, that will cost you time and hassle of shipping. Or a serious surcharge at the convention center.

I plan on flying out of Denver on Wednesday and want to get there relatively early in anticipation of getting settled in the hotel and possibly attending a Official Pix volunteer meeting that Wednesday afternoon.

I also plan on flying back to Denver on Monday and am flexible on that return flight time.

Here are the flight times for Wednesday, August 22nd:

Depart 8:10 AM - Arrive 1:45 PM (nonstop) - $205
    Depart 9:30 AM - Arrive 5:40 PM (1 stop) - $216
    Depart 11:30 AM - Arrive 6:40 PM (1 stop) - $216
    Depart 11:35 AM - Arrive 6:50 PM (1 stop) - $209
    Depart 1:00 PM - Arrive 8:00 PM (1 stop) - $216
    Depart 3:10 PM - Arrive 8:35 PM (nonstop) - $205
    Depart 5:25 PM - Arrive 10:50 PM (notstop) - $205

My preference is the first flight at 8:10 for the timing, nonstop-ness and price. Yeah, getting there early sucks, but there you go.

Return flight on Monday August 27th:

Depart 9:35 AM - Arrive 11:25 AM (nonstop) - $205
    Depart 10:00 AM - Arrive 1:25 PM (1 stop) - $215
    Depart 10:45 AM - Arrive 3:25 PM (1 stop) - $216
    Depart 1:45 PM - Arrive 3:40 PM (nonstop) - $205
    Depart 2:40 PM - Arrive 6:55 PM (1 stop) - $216
    Depart 4:20 PM - Arrive 7:50 PM (1 stop) - $216
    Depart 5:05 PM - Arrive 8:05 PM (1 stop) - $216
    Depart 5:50 PM - Arrive 7:55 PM (nonstop) - $205

My preference is the 1:45 since it's nonstop and the cheaper price, but I'm open to other flights.

Anybody want to fly at these times?

13. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I'm pretty sure we will be getting there on Saturday before, but we'd be open to getting the flight back on Monday.

14. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Not sure if anyone wants to be on the same flight of us, with two kiddos. But we are arriving the Friday before but will be leaving Monday also. We will probably fly Southwest, or Frontier. Frontier if you pay for classic instead of economy pricing they include two bags per ticket for that price. They are about the same at 205 each way.

I think we might try to wait a couple more months in hopes that the pricing goes down.

15. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    I just looked up Frontier and the flight I saw was $205 for the economy or $229 for the economy. Yeah, you get a bag for free, but you pay $25 more for the free bag compared to paying $20 if you go with the economy. The economics work if you check two bags, but not one. But I imagine you guys will definitely be doing that!

The price may go down...or it may go up! Supply and demand! Yikes!

16. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    I know it's always such a risky game to play ;)

17. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    that is about what southwest is running...and of course no bag fees. Last may when we went to florida in may we paid $320

18. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005

The flight that I'm looking at going out on Wednesday morning and returning on Monday afternoon went up $10 since the last time I looked. I'm going to book this fairly soon as I'm not much of a gambling man.
    So, nerf and catz, if you want to book that flight, the 1:45 departure/3:40 arrival will be the one I'm taking. Do y'all want that one too so we can carpool together or at least travel together?

19. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I memory serves me right Catz & Bfett are going out early.

20. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    You are correct but he is talking about coming home and we are planning on coming home on Monday. ;)

JT we will book that one providing we fly out on Southwest we wont getting our flight probably until April. Waiting to figure out logistics with my grandparents. We are visiting them before Celebration.

21. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    AHH well i will have a car as well and am coming home on that monday as well AND most likely flying SW also. :) the free bags, you can't beat it.

22. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I am flying out on the 18th and coming back Monday the 27th. it will be Southwest, as i have points with them and i have a lot of luggage. :)

23. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I just got my airline tix! Found out, i was pretty close to getting a free one with SW so i just went ahead and paid $200 to get the needed points and i had a free roundtrip tix! :D

So flying out the 18th, coming home on the 27th.

24. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    Are you coming back on the 27th on the 1:45 PM flight arriving in Denver at 3:40?

25. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I AM! :)

Note: I only have a smaller car ATM, but i might see if i can upgrade once i get there. i have two others, so if i get a bigger car, i am sure we can make it work for you to get a ride as well.