main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

star wars celebs to NC

Discussion in 'Archive: Jacksonville, NC' started by TB3306, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TB3306

TB3306 Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2002
    sorry for the off topic intrusion but i thought everyone should know that we are bringing in several star war celebs to our area www.imperialquartermaster.com if you have any question use the "contact us" link found on the site

thank you for your time

2. JediKnight_Jerri

JediKnight_Jerri Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2002
    TB3306 -- No intrusion at all. Thanks for the tip. We do appreciate it. Fell free to drop by our board anytime.

3. PeterMayhew

PeterMayhew Chewbacca the Wookiee star 1 VIP

Feb 6, 2001
    So, who are the celebrities that you are bringing in??? Gosh, and I thought I was just a SciFi Icon...???.....so, are we gonna do dinner???? Get the group together...

4. JediKnight_Jerri

Nov 7, 2002
    The group is already together & we are all looking fwd. to seeing you!!! We can't wait!!! See you soon!!! :)

5. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    I am so looking forward to this! I'll spread the word to the Crystal Coast Forum! Jerri you are an amazing City Rep!

-Jane
    aka Universal

6. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Boy I wish I could get down to see you folks !!!

7. JediKnight_Jerri

Nov 7, 2002
    Come on down anytime you want CrazyMike. We'd be honored if you'd join us! :)

8. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Wow, good to see you Peter!!!

9. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I would love to drive down and meet you all but I need to get a passport to cross the border as a birth certificate and drivers license is not enough any more...

10. JediKnight_Jerri

Nov 7, 2002
    OK Mike......that shouldn't be a problem. If you have the time & the extra money, then get that passport & come on down!!! We'd love to see you! :)

11. beafet

beafet Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 12, 2001
    Heh, when i went to Canada, all I needed was...nothing actualy, my grandparents drove, but they didn't need passports. That was a year or two ago though.

12. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Check out the photos on the Raleigh, NC board! Thanks to Natalie and Chris! I had a blast!

13. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Question. Jerri and Don did you pay for Peter and Angie's Dinner? There is a lot of confusion with the 501st and Sean.

14. JediKnight_Jerri

Nov 7, 2002
    OMG, what an unforgetable weekend! We had so much fun! The celebraties were great & so nice! We got to spend a lot of time with them. Dinner with the celebraties on Saturday night was great! The time we spent with Chewie, Mrs. Chewie, Nien Nunb, & Aaron Allston after dinner on Saturday night was great! Just being able to hang out with the celebraties most of the weekend was unforgetable!!! :)

The choices of toys was endless. I was able to get a lot of toys I had been looking for, for a long time, as well as some I had never even seen before. :)

We got to hang out with the Rocky Mt. fanforce & Raleigh fanforce as well. That was great to! :)

I took 4 rolls of film this weekend. I'm getting it developed this week. I can't wait to get the pics in my hands! :)

15. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I remember asking someone if we were to cover it or not but I was told we weren't. So I believe they got a seperate check.

16. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I am glad to hear that you all had a great time out there with the celebs on the weekend. I am hoping to come down there at some point hopefully before EPIII.

17. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Jerri,
    I just wanted to tell you again what a great time we had with you and your fanforce this weekend. It was really nice to meet Beafet, JediSpike, and UniversalDestiny, and hang out with you all. We DEFINITELY need to get together again soon, and do something together. This was a preview for the good times ahead at such events as Celebration III and other cons we will be attending. I enjoyed it, folks!!!

18. JediKnight_Jerri

Nov 7, 2002
    Natalie......I did the same. I asked if we were suppose to cover it & was told it was already taken care of. Either way, it is being straightned out now. So, we don't have to stress over it any more.....just move past it & make sure it doesn't happen again. :)

Mike.......Can't wait for you to make it down this way! Looking fwd. to it! :)

Ray......What can I say? You, Dennis, & Bryan are great!!! I enjoyed my time with ya'll soooooo much! I to can't wait for us to get our 2 groups together again! Yes, there will be more conventions, cons, & especially Celeb.111 for us to get together! We definately have to do some things together in-between all that to! :)

19. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Jerri when are you getting your pictures developed? I can't wait to see them :D .

20. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    There was definitely a lot of dropped communication this weekend. I did get Sean's email, and I was confused at first since this was my first 501st shared dinner with Celebs and I thought that the promotors were putting up the cash for the star's costs since it is a deductiable expense. Once I found out that was not the case, I forwarded to the gang from my local FanForce who attended to share in the payment and I PayPal'd Sean $50 to cover me, my wife, and my son Adam's portion.

Here's how I plan to handle this in the future. The geographical FanForce main leader host contact for the event (in this case, me, since there is no Greensboro FF) will ensure that all tables are made aware to pay up for the stars costs at their tables and work with the 501st lead rep to ensure this is taken care of ahead of time.

21. JediKnight_Jerri

Nov 7, 2002
    Natalie, I sent you a PM on the pics. I have them developed now.

Don, that all sounds good for future events. What about this time around though? I have some in my group that feel they shouldn't have to pay b/c they didn't get to have a Celeb. at their table. I have to take their side on this one. Out of the 8 people that was there with me......only 2 of us got to share dinner with a Celeb....for reasons I will not go into on the boards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.