star wars celebs to NC

Discussion in 'Raleigh, NC' started by TB3306, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TB3306 Jedi Padawan

sorry for the off topic intrusion but i thought everyone should know that we are bringing in several star war celebs to our area www.imperialquartermaster.com if you have any question use the "contact us" link found on the site

thank you for your time
  2. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    No, I'm glad you mentioned this event! This is only the most important thing to come along since our Star Wars days at Exploris!

I'm totally in with the gang here - this is a MUST GO TO EVENT! April 19-20!

Tallon - IC5366.

3. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    OMG have you seen all the Star Wars celebrities!!! Chewie, Boba Fett, Iasa the Jawa, Mara Jade, Admiral Ozzel, Logray the Ewok Shaman, Nien Numb, Aayla Secura.... the list is growing..... :)
  4. JediKnight_Jerri Jedi Master

star 3
    Nothing could keep me away from this event. This is mega stuff here everyone. You can't miss it. This will be like a pre-run for Celebration 111. Don't miss this oportunity to see all these celebraties in one place at the same time. :)
  5. Dal--Intrepid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    NC hasn't seen this many SW signers in one place since the Men Behind the Mask tour used to come through Charlotte in the early 90's. This con could definitely be well worth the trip!
  6. joehahn000 Jedi Master

star 4
    WOW!!! That sounds like fun. But who is Shannon Batsa-McRandol??
  7. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    Dude! Shannon Baksa-McRandall models as Mara Jade, Luke's new initial arch-nemisis post Vader, a character created by Timothy Zahn.

You have to meet her. Not only is she pretty, but she's sharp and hilarious too. She's mid 30's and married with two kids, but she is a doll. She was hired by Decipher to be the Mara Jade in the SWCCG cards.

I have to tell everyone my all time funniest Shannon Baksa story.

One time, at Deciphercon, way back in the year 2000, I was the last in line to get autographs. I have my copy of SWCCG Mara Jade, the Emperor's Hand, in my mitts. I get up there to the table, and she's beautiful, poised, but totally frazzled.
    I asked if there was anything wrong.

"I've just been hit on by 800 guys all 10 years younger that I am, " she said plaintively. She then went into full tilt boogie comic actress mode on me, wrist on brow and everything.

"All I ever wanted out of life (she starts to fake sniffling) ...was just to own this tiny little sewing shop... ( fake sob)... nestled in the pines....(looks off into the distance with sniffle). A place where I could live my life out in peace... GAAH!!!! (primal scream)....

All the time she was faking it, you could tell she was diggin' on it all. She loved the attention, but her little faux tirade was played for laughs and it had me in stitches.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.