main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Star Wars Character Calendar

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Skyryder, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Ok, each day at work I turn the page on my Star Wars Character Calendar and I sit and ponder that person's place in the galaxy. I just thought I would share. Today's person is Captain Lorth Needa Star Destroyer Commander. He was pretty gutsy apologizing to Vader for loosing the Falcon, too bad it cost him his life. See what you get for telling the truth.

2. Obi_Dan_Kenobi

Obi_Dan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2003
    True, but at least you don't have to wonder where in the universe he is, one less character to keep track of ;)

3. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    That's one way to spin it! I have the same calendar.

4. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    You have one too DH? I got mine for Christmas from a co-worker. Each morning at the office I turn the page and try and educate everyone about that day's character. They think I'm silly, but I don't care. I'm trying to spread the word anyway I can.

5. Jedi_Devi

Jedi_Devi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    Captain Needa? I hope that's a day-by-day calendar, becuase he seems awfully petty to be on the calendar for a full month. >=D

Jedi_Devi

6. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    It is a day-to-day calendar. Not to spoil Skyryder's fun but today's is the Nexu, that bad@$$ Geonosis Execution Arena Beast. Actually, my favorite is the Acklay. I think that is the scariest of all of the arena beasts. Of course, July's calendar picture is entitled "The Beasts Unleashed" and focuses on the three arena beasts so today is a double beast day.

7. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Yes, DH let the "cat" out of the bag, and today's character/creature is the Nexu. Poor kitty fell down when mean girl kicked him in the face. It was only doing what cats do, play with things hanging on a string. I guess it is a cat? It sounded and acted as a cat.

8. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Really, DH? My Calendar features Boba Fett for the month of July.

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I'll let Skyryder announce today's character. He looks like he's having a "blast" (ha! ha!). Okay, maybe that's only funny to those of us with this calendar and maybe not even then. Jay, which calendar do you have? Mine is the "Art of Star Wars Episode II" one.

10. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Today we have a species - the Nikto. I think they look like old people who forgot to put in their dentures, or am I just mean?

11. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    ...klaatu...barada...

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    They look like lizard versions of those really wrinkly dogs. I can't remember what they are called. The blast reference was to the blaster he was holding in the photo (on Jabba's Sail barge) and the blast going off behind him.

13. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Oh I see the blast he is having now. DH you slay me.

14. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I try... Since my calendar (and I assume Skyryder's also) is at the office and I won't be here tomorrow or Sunday (weekends are lumped together) I will reveal the character of the weekend, Seib Nod, a Coruscant Gambler. He's dressed in a textured red tunic/cloak - it's nubby looking) and wears a helmet that looks like a welder's shield (the ones with the slit in the face guard) that's been covered with red velvet.

15. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    He looks like he is working in a nuclear power plant.

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    That is it exactly! He looks like he is wearing Homer's nuclear suit but it's in red velvet and leather! Skyryder, you have a way with words.

17. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    DH,
    I have the Star Wars Classic Adventures wall calendar.

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I guess that's why we have different pictures for the month. How many are there? I think JR has the same wall calendar I have.

19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Be nice to your librarian today because today's character is Madame Jocasta Nu. I have a really sad librarian story. In high school, our librarian Mrs. Rochell and her husband were both killed in a car accident on her birthday. It was really sad, but that's my librarian story.

20. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I have gross librarian stories. I went to a Catholic high school.

DH.. really? we have the same "Girls from Hawaii" wall calendar :)?

Jocasta Nu reminds me of my high school librarian "if it's not here, then it doesn't exist!"

21. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    now thats funny, I once saw a movie about a Librarian on Cinemax late night, and... oh, never mind... (insert evil laugh here...)

22. chibiangi

chibiangi Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    I have gross librarian stories. I went to a Catholic high school.

So that's how you lost your virginity...

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    ok, we didn't need to go there. JR is going to block this topic.

24. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    actually, I can still have threads closed, just lacking the "technical ability", so watch it, or we will ban you all!!!!!!!!!!!! Especailly you Sherman Oaks, Van Nuys, and Woodland Hills folks.

25. chibiangi

chibiangi Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    But that includes you! Sheman Oaks folks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.