main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist STAR WARS CHARACTER PAINTINGS : Episode VII Master Skywalker (Updated with more characters)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by PaulD, Aug 14, 2014.

1. PaulD

PaulD Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2014
    [​IMG]Hi all,

I've been a fan of Force.net for years but only just decided to join the forums.....I work as an Artist and recently started creating some Star Wars Artwork for fun....mainly classic characters and some of my own design. Thought I'd share some here, this is my own take on Mark Hamill as he may appear in Episode VII !

All the best

Paul

2. PaulD

PaulD Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Here's an image I did of Classic Episode IV Princess leia, it was a lot of fun to do !

Thanks.

Paul

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Luke looks very wise with his beard and the younger portrait of his sister is gorgeous as well. No wonder Han fell in love with that woman.

:D

PaulD likes this.
  4. PaulD

PaulD Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2014
    Thanks for taking a look ;-) I am so looking forward to seeing Mark Hamill in Episode VII, he looked great with the beard at the recent film premiere in London !

P

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    These are really great, love the style.

PaulD and AzureAngel2 like this.
  6. PaulD

PaulD Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2014
    Thanks Hellhammer ;-)

I've got a few more up on my site....I'm just trying to complete a collection of SW character paintings for fun really ...I'm learning a lot about the costumes/detailing etc while I'm doing it which is a bonus !

Just thinking about who to do next ;-)

P.

7. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Nicely done. Does make you wonder what Luke had gotten up to during the time between when we last saw him till now. Leia is lovely as always.

I am curious to know who you might do next, wonder if it be a certain scoundrel. Looking forward to seeing more :)

PaulD likes this.
  8. PaulD

PaulD Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2014
    Thanks ;-)

I suspect Luke has been off being 'a wise old Hermit' on Tatooine maybe ?

Already done a few aliens (of my own design on my site) and had a go at General Veers (lots of fun) which I'll pop up soon.....also playing around with Sith Witch piccys...

But yes Han is DEFINATELY on my list to do next...probably an Episode VII version (but trying not to look at leaked pictures online though)

P.

9. PaulD

PaulD Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Thought I'd add this image from my site of a Sith Droid.....had a LOT of fun on this ;-) Influences from the B'Omarr monk, Darth Maul droid as well as the Interrogation droid on the Death Star etc

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    PaulD

Welcome to the Fan Art forums! I was just browsing through some of your work and I'm loving it! Of course, I'm partial to the Star Wars designs, but everything looks amazing! I also saw you mentioned something about doing a Han Solo character design like the Luke one for Episode VII - I would love to see that when you get around to it! ;)

PaulD likes this.
  11. PaulD

PaulD Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2014
    HanSolo29

Thank you for the welcome and for the comments, it is really much appreciated !

Yep just need to find some time and do a Han piccy.....will post as soon as I get it done though ;-)

Nice to see your work on Deviant Art as well ;-)

All the best.

P

HanSolo29 likes this.
  12. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Welcome to the forums PaulD. The Luke art is fantastic. Mimics Mark's recent appearances perfectly! =D=

PaulD likes this.
  13. PaulD

PaulD Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2014
    @THE_PIED_PIPER

Thanks for the welcome and comments ;-)

It was actually seeing Mark Hamill that made me want to paint him as Luke ! he just looks fantastic and I can't wait to see him in Episode VII .