main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars character you were scared of?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by master_organa, Aug 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheebo86

Cheebo86 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 1, 2003
    -The Dianoga FREAKED me out so horribly
    -All the monsters in the Cantina freaked me out
    -Not Chewie, but his voice scared me
    -The Wampa

2. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    I remember when I was three, there was some kind of commercial on TV and Vader was on it and he scared me, but of course I had no idea who or what it was until nine years later!

3. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    I was scared to death of Vader when I was little, especially when he pops out of nowhere in ESB. *Shudders* I was also afraid of Jabba because I always thought he shrunk Oola and ate her. [face_worried]

4. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    It was.....Yoda who made me have nightmares when I was little.

5. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Ironically 'scary' characters like Vader and Chewie didn't scare me at all.

I think it was cause I had them as action figures from the get go.

Now Jawa's and their faceless black hoods and glowing eyes....yeah...

Thankfully I got a Jawa action figure by 78 and all was well....

;)

6. JOHNNY-B

JOHNNY-B Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 18, 2003
    None really, I thought they were all pretty cool; in there own right. Especially chewy, how can anyone be afraid of him?

7. sharkboy

sharkboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2004
    C3P0 that voice I was always afraid he would pop up my behind I mean from behind me.

8. Ariadne

Ariadne Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003

The Emperor used to scare me when I was little. I would hide behind my dad on the sofa until Vader chucked him down the shaft.

Then I got older and appreciated the coolness of Palpatine a little bit more ;)

9. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    I don't remember ever actually being scared by anybody. Bossk kind of creeped me out though in ESB.

10. Darth Jamus

Darth Jamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Being only seven when I first experienced A New Hope back in 1977, I was pretty scared of Jawa's thanks to their glowing eyes. I believe that there was a creature in the cantina with glowing eyes also (was it the wolfman or not??). The devil looking guy was kind of scary for me too! I was horrified of things with glowing eyes back then, from having been subjected to other horror films that sported them. I would go on to be traumatized by the stupid demonic pig in The Amityville Horror and the ghost at the end of The Fog!

The next film, The Empire Strikes Back, scared me with the Imperial Probe Droid. I found that thing to be so scary looking, the way it moved with those menacing claws and other extensions. I imagined how scary it would be to get caught by the probe droid and have it come after you, LOL! The comic book had the Echo Base outpost getting destroyed by the droid when it was detected, making it more lethal in my eyes. I also found IG-88 to be scary for some reason. He just stood there moving his head and saying nothing. I hated for Boba Fett to be standing so close to him for fear he was about to strike with some terrifying mechanical weapon. I guess industrial looking robotics came across as rather creepy to me back then!

ROTJ really didn't scare me with anything, though the idea of death by Sarlaac I found somewhat disturbing. The Emperor looked kind of frightening in a few shots, and his horrifying powers at the finale were very intense. I was older by the release of that film though, so nothing really bothered me too much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.