main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Star Wars Characters Wanted

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by tstuffle, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tstuffle

tstuffle Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2010
    This is my first time posting to this board.

My son Andrew (6) loves Star Wars. We are having his 7th birthday party next month on September 18th.

I'm interested in hiring some Star Wars characters to participate in the birhtday party.

The characters he likes are Boba Fett, Imperial Scout trooper, Clone troopers (Rex), Obi one, Han Solo and Luke.

I'm open to looking at a variety of characters for the party - Darth Vadar, C3po, Princess Lea and others.

The party location has not been determined yet, but it will be in the Louisville area.

If you are interested in helping me make my son's birthday party the talk of his school please contact me at 502-767-8509 or at tstufflebean@insightbb.com. You can ask for Troy.

May the force be with you!

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    While we do have costumed members we are not a costume group. You would be better off contacting one of the major costume groups such as the 501st (Imperials) or Rebel Legion (good guys) and request an appearance. However, let me warn you none of the groups (ourselves included) are available for hire. We are allowed to participate in Mr Lucas? universe because of the charity work we do. We are not allowed to profit from his work or accept gratuities in any way. For this reason (and the fact there are very few costume members in this area) the only time birthday parties have been done rarely by these groups in the past is when there are extenuating circumstances such as a child with a terminal illness or a donation being made to charity.

Good luck and May the Force Be With You.

3. tstuffle

tstuffle Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2010
    JediMika,

Thank you for your response and outlining the guidelines for your organization. I've visited the 501st Legion website.

I'm very willing to make a donation to a charitable organization. I reviewed the 501st Legion list of charities and found several that my family already makes contributions to and would be happy to make additional contributions on behalf of your organization. I didn't see any Louisville area charities but several national ones that support local area efforts.

I've submitted a request thru the 501st Legion website and will wait for a response.

If they are not able to assist with my request, do you know of other groups that do for-hire events in the Louisville metro area?

Again, thank you for your assistance and feedback.

Have a good evening!

Troy Stufflebean

4. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but no. Also I know locally the 501st only has one member and the Rebel Legion one member (myself) so I don't think you'll be able to make your character wish list. When there is a large charity event folks will make the time to come from across the state for a good cause.

It's not a perfect solution but the 501st along with the Rebel Legion, Mandolorian Mercs and Dark Empire (all Star Wars costume groups) will be making an appearance at the Diabetes Walk at Churchill Downs on September 11. Should be a good turnout of Star Wars costumes and your son might enjoy it.

http://www.jdrf.org/index.cfm?page_id=104906

5. DarKyram

DarKyram Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 5, 2010
    While the Mandalorians aren't main stream movie characters, we do have a few active in the local area. I'm the leader of the Mandalorian Mercs chapter here in Kentucky. You can put in a request through our site as well [link provided at end of post] and we can try to make an event for it.

I may not be presently available for it, due to other plans but there are a few who may be interested on the boards to consider it.

And, as Jedimika stated, we're not for hire. Most costumers would do it, simply out of volunteering their time to see children's faces light up when their favorite characters pop off the screen and appear before them.

http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php

6. nortymomma

nortymomma Jedi Youngling

Sep 22, 2010
    Can you share what you ultimately came up with for the party? I am a party planner and have a request from a Mom to conjure up a similar party in January for her son.
    imaginethatparties.com or 502-409-7279
    I need help with this one -- I was the little sister of a Star Wars and that is my only connection. HELP please!

Becky

7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I guess it's gratifying to us older fans that kids are requesting Star Wars parties.

I'm assuming you're addressing the person that originally started this thread. His contact info is in the first post. I suggest you contact him privately.

Some advice. A party at a private residence is one thing, a for profit business is something else. Lucas Film Limited is notorious for protecting their licenses. You have to ask if the consequences would be worth it if they find out. A cease and desist letter would probably be the minimum to expect. Of course it depends on what form the party eventually takes. Perhaps you're used to working with other licensed characters like Spider-Man or Superman and already know the ins and outs.

Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.