main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Star Wars: Chewbacca (New Marvel Mini-Series)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Cynda, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Apparently he's written Deadpool? IGN has just had their announcement and it mentions that and Hulk as among Duggan's credits. Not sure which Deadpool, I lose track with so series in the last decade, though the name does sound vaguely familiar.

Anyway, yay, Chewbacca getting his own series. Not so sure I care about his costar though, hope she's interesting enough. While I disliked TCW, it would be funny if we could see Chewbacca thought bubbles, and if he thought "not again" referencing the TCW episode where he worked with Ahsoka.

On the one hand, it should be a refreshing change not having the big three present, doesn't sound like it. The announcement mentions its post-Yavin (of course, not like anything ever happened in between ESB and RotJ :p) , and Chewie's ship crashes somewhere. Wonder if its the Falcon or something else. Though a part of me can't help being disappointed its not a Han and Chewie buddy story, but maybe they'll save that for the Solo movie.

2. Rebel-Jedi

Rebel-Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 26, 2005
  3. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

How can we keep updated on knowing what the reveal is? Any livestream about the panel? Will it be announced on starwars.com?

4. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Has it been confirmed when this series is set plus from a cynical point of view Chewie's new sidekick just seems to be a gimmick so that Chewie wouldn't be outshone by a certain smuggler pal popular enough to warrant his own solo movie

5. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

Thread creator said it was after the destruction of the first death star, which happend in ANH, which means this is set between ANH and ESB.

6. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Seriously this is starting to get ridiculous!!!!

7. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

I don't think I understand sir.
    [​IMG]

8. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    I think they're getting it out of their system. Getting all the inner-OT trilogy stuff done and gone so they can move forward with all of their attention into the New Era. ANH-ESB is the most ripe for character development right now, both in necessary events, length of time, and cast of characters available. Love what they've been doing with this playground so far.

Commander Wolffe likes this.
  9. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    No it's not, they've 3 years to play with. Bags of time.

Now, if it was said they were setting it in the same timeframe but in Legends? Yeah, that'd be a problem.

anakinfansince1983 and Vthuil like this.
  10. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

Oh, now I get why he said that :p

anyway, why is that a problem? Maybe too much content? (and maybe some people try to fit Legends into the new EU and having this new comic series set between ANH and ESB destroys that fitting part? just a guess. don't know this part of Legends, would be interesting to know though.)

11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    The same time gap in Legends is pretty much full to bursting and adding more is like squeezing more commuters into an overcrowded Japanese train!

12. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009

There will likely be liveblogs of the panel on Comic Book Resources, Newsarama, or other comic book-focused sites.

13. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Commander Wolfe is a newbie and don't understand whats going on. This Chewbacca comics sounds horrible, and the fact that there are no epic yarns in the near future already tells me what I already knew. This is all about OT characters and the sequel movie which already resembles from the trailers an improved version of ANH. Another OT movie, so yeah....the next comic book will probably be Han Solo or Luke Skywalker, or C-3po and Artoo Adventures. Heck we are doing all this OT stuff why not continue. Seriously, the Star Trek/ Green Lantern crossover issue was more exciting to me than Lando #1 and this news with Chewbacca. This also include the Ham Solo movie. All of a sudden, I'm not liking this new direction. None at all

14. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

Could you rephrase, also, that newbie comment should've been pointed out to the forum. Calling me a newbie to star wars knowledge is just completely wrong, but as I said, rephrase please because I don't quite understand what you are saying. From what I can make of it, I am a newbie and don't understand what is going on, because this comic series tells you not more than you already know?

15. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I'm interested :) Disney/Marvel are going to continue keeping me broke it seems :/

16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    They excel at that!

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  17. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    My only problem with the timeframe of this book is that it would make sooooo much more sense for it to be set between ESB and ROTJ, that way it would make sense why chewie's alone and also it would open up the timeline a bit

18. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

Chewie had Lando aswell though ;)

19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Don't feel bad. You've just received a classic Vong333 welcome. The giftbasket comes with a stormcloud.

Zorrixor, Riv_Shiel, cdgodin and 4 others like this.
  20. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    I hope he knows being new to the forum isn't the same as being new to star wars. [face_sigh]

21. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I do, and yeah Bariss knows me good. Look Its not about me being crass, but common. Enough with this OT character singular stuff. Chewbacca? And then read the interview, its going to have some elements of the Holiday Special, but right off the bat, it goes on to say that its all new continuity. You know, the old EU was not that bad, and of forget it...It's Chewbacca in the fall. Let's wait and see what is the next amount. I'm dying to find out what it is..........................

22. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

Are you saying you want something else than OT content?

23. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    This is sort of unexciting news, but I have faith at this point. Kanan and Lando both sounded drab to me at first, but I've loved them both, so there isn't much cause to worry! Prove me right, Marvel.

spicer, Vthuil and Commander Wolffe like this.
  24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Chewie is probably going to beat the unholy hell out numerous aliens and Imperials and maybe tear a few arms out of sockets, I am totally okay with this series.

Senpezeco and Jedi Ben like this.
  25. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    It's funny, I was just scrolling through here and thinking about how odd it was that the thread had gotten this far without Gorefiend telling us the series is going to suck and/or Zeta reminding us that he's not interested in the new canon. vong333 did a yeoman's job of picking up that slack.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll enjoy a well-written Chewie series but I can't believe we still can't believe we aren't getting a Han series yet. Especially with HTTJ holding a spot open for it in the timeline and even handing them a story hook.

Anyone notice that the aurebesh on Zarro's t-shirt on the cover reads "trouble"? :)

Ewok Poet, BigAl6ft6 and Vthuil like this.