main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars--Children of the Force Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briman, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Hey you guys, so this is our base of operations.

2. DCWiz00

DCWiz00 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    I was thinking about this today, and I think we should get a little more organized and perhaps get a few of the chapters done and situated with everyone's posts before we start anything. There is no real rush to get this started. That way everything will blend better and will make for a better story.

3. jedi_master326

jedi_master326 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    I agree. I guess I am covering the part where Leto Durron gets attacked, and I'd like to know which author is covering the part right before that.

4. RogueSquadronFlygirl

RogueSquadronFlygirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    o_O Did I miss something?! I would love to write about Ben's daughter, Briman, but I need a little more to go on. I have a feeling there's beeen some writing in this story already that I never laid eyes on, because I don't know what jedi_master326 is talking about...lol

5. lindemacil

lindemacil Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    Yeah, I agree on the organization bit. It'd be a good idea for us all to know who's responsible for what and how it all fits together. That way, our coordination will be on track.

Also, on characters: are we each responsible for certain characters? If so, how much freedom do we have for the interpretation of those characters? That's just something I wondered as I was reading the outline -- I'm trying to get a feel for character personalities and such. :)

6. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    I've got Ben and Padme in the prologue if that helps anyone.

7. jedi_master326

May 12, 2005
    ...alright...alright, this is starting to come together...:)

8. RogueSquadronFlygirl

RogueSquadronFlygirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    now that I'm a little less confused....

I told Bri I'd work on Padme, so we'll see how this pans out.

9. DCWiz00

Mar 29, 2004
    Here is what I woud suggest. Together as a writing team we plan out at least the first few chapters. I am assuming each of use is mainly writing about a certain character, and I believe we have free reign to interpret that character however we want as long as it fits into the general guidelines in the outline. But we may want to discuss each others characters with each other at first so we can better interpret their characterization and how they will interact with each other. I would plan on giving this a couple weeks of discussion and writing and once the first few chapters are finished we can begin posting.

10. jedi_master326

May 12, 2005
    Good idea. Here is my character:

Leto Durron {Jedi Knight, Pilot, Age 20}
    As strong-willed and arrogant as any Jedi to come before him, Leto is the firstborn child of Jaina Solo and Kyp Durron. He is one of the most exceptional pilots, and a cunning Jedi. He is protective of his little brother and sister, and has been in love with his Twi?lek co-pilot for several years. When the story begins, he is on his way home to Ossus from a mission.

So far, my part of this is the only part that features Leto, so I guess I'll be setting the bar for him...

So, who else is covering what?

11. DCWiz00

Mar 29, 2004
    I believe I am covering Anakin Solo and by association Jacen Solo and Tenel Ka. I have a few things written out in regards to these characters and where I see them going, but I am at work and don't have access to them. I would like to watn everyone that I will not really be online for the next three days as I will be out of town taking a licensing exam for my job.

12. jedi_master326

May 12, 2005
    Alright, good luck. So far, in the outline Briman has given us, Anakin (man, that's going to get confusing!), Jacen, and Tenel haven't been introduced yet, so we will work on this stuff as far as we can, until it's time for those three characters.

13. lindemacil

Jun 16, 2005
    Alright, I believe I have Jace Durron and mother Jaina as my characters. I imagine Jaina has a brief intro in the prologue when she arrives on New Coruscant with Meari, but there's no mention of Jace in the prologue (as yet). I haven't really worked up anything on them yet -- I'm still in the brainstorming process, and I've been doing some research on Jaina's history, since I don't know the whole timeline of the NJO yet.

14. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Hey you guys. Sorry about the confusion, but I'm still trying to figure out some things.

15. jedi_master326

May 12, 2005
    no problem, Bri. We have no rush. Just take your time, so you can give us your best. I'm sure everyone wants to get their part just right, so if it means we have to wait a bit for you to give ust the best direction, so be it. :)

16. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Thanks.

So here is how the Prologue will play out.

Ben and Padme Section--ZaraValinor

Leto Durron being attacked on Ossus--JediMaster326

Two Jedi being attacked--DCWiz00

17. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    The first chapter I think should go to lindemacil, we need to gradually introduce all the other characters and leave no one out. And everyone, by all means do not take the Outline too seriously, I gave the names and a little description just that you get some sort of idea, but your character is your character, you will build them from scratch.

The second chapter has to have Anakin Solo in it, he will become a big character I think, so DCWiz00 will be up to bat again.

EDIT: I have no idea what I'm going to write [face_laugh]

18. jedi_master326

May 12, 2005
    ok, to help Briman choose who will write which chapters in the future, I think we should all put down our writing strengths and weaknesses to help him choose stuff easier. so....

My Strengths: flashbacks/flashforwards, Jedi/Force stuff, humor drama, space battles, death scenes, characters (especially villians)

My Weaknesses: Political scenes, lightsaber combat, romance

19. DCWiz00

Mar 29, 2004
    Well I wouldn't really know what I could say are my weaknesses and strengths. I tend to write humor, action, romance, and well just about all of it. I do tend to write never eneding cliffies when I post (to the dismay of my readers.:p ) Space battles, hand to hand fighting, and even political intrigue and political jargon, are fine with me. (I used to major in political science in college.) I have the general outline of what I'm going to write for the prologue piece, and this weekend I'm going to finish it up and get started on Anakin's character.

20. jedi_master326

May 12, 2005
    yeah, i'm getting interesting ideas for my guy AND his squadron...

...so whoever does any upcoming space battles, keep his squadron in mind!

21. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Sounds good everyone.

22. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Hey, I thought of another character, the grandson of Callista?

23. lindemacil

Jun 16, 2005
    I've never been entirely sure about my strengths/weaknesses, which is odd considering all the creative writing classes I've had. I'd say I'm pretty good at character interaction and dialogue; those are typically my favorite scenes to write. I don't consider myself much of a humorist or a romance writer; action tends to be what I prefer. Mechanics-wise, I'm good at plotting, and I'm good at technical data. I tend to put a lot of research into my work, even for short pieces.

It's good to hear how you guys work and what you're working on. :) I'm off to continue my own brainstorming . . .

24. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    I'm still so impressed with your sample that you gave to me that I'm pretty sure you can write just about anything.

25. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    alright, so ZaraValinor is doing very good with the first section of the Prologue, I am simply impressed with it to say the least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.