Star Wars Christmas Gifts - your memories.

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Lizardmonkey, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. Lizardmonkey Force Ghost

star 2
    As a kid in Scotlamnd in the early 1980s, the 'Star Wars' product I received was almost always given to me as Christmas gifts, so hard to come by in my area were they.
    1980 saw me receive the TESB 'Yoda' puppet and 'ANH=STAR WARS' Tie Fighter. 1982 brought with it a tauntaun, Dengar and a 'Palitoy' (kenner's UK distributor) blaster. 1983 saw me be given the Rancor (and a Gremlins three pack, but I had to mention that!)
    I could go on and on and bore you all, but I'm keen to hear your memories, if you are willing to share. Pull up a chair, have some Yoda-green eggnog and tell us all about it.
  2. DantheJedi Force Ghost

star 5
    Here's some of my SW Christmas memories:

Christmas 1981- I got the Kenner Millennium Falcon, my brother the snowspeeder, and I also remember getting one of those Hoth playsets with some figures that was from a department store's Christmas catalog. When I was playing with it with my sister, she came up the ingenious idea to use a white blanket to simulate the surface of the planet Hoth as an add-on for it.

Christmas 1983- I got a bunch of stuff from Return of the Jedi this Christmas, like the Ewok village, Jabba the Hutt, the Y-Wing fighter, and a TIE Fighter. My sister got a Barbie penthouse playset for Christmas, and I remember using the Y-wing fighter to buzz around it when she was playing with it.
  3. Lizardmonkey Force Ghost

star 2
    Magic! Here in Glasgow, Scotland, the department store 'Lewis's' was a Mecca for 'Star Wars' toys and held everything one wished for from Santa in one hall-sized floor. It was incredible! Merry Christmas Star Wars fans and may the force be with you!
  4. zegarski Jedi Padawan

My first memory of receiving Star Wars for Christmas was back in 1999. I was 6 years old at the time. I remember receiving a large assortment of figures and this cool R2-D2 that transformed into a stationary unit. I have been collection Star Wars stuff since that moment.
  5. LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Knight

star 3
    The first Star Wars gift was given to me when I was nine. It was an action figure of C3po of all things. Then I got a tin box with four action figures.
    The latest gift was a Star Wars comic book. ANH Infinities.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.