Star Wars Chronicles 2

Discussion in 'North' started by Fordy, Nov 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fordy Jedi Knight

Anyone got this or getting it, if so where from?

I ordered it from play.com, but I can bet, from past experience they will never get it in stock and I'll miss the boat.

David
  2. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Lol, I actually got it today from Waterstones of all places! It was £100 :eek:
    But worth it IMHO! As good as the last one.
  3. Fordy Jedi Knight

At £69 from play, I can hold on. Rumor has it its in Costco like the last one was for £60, but I've no way of finding out and ont have my own card anyway.

****!

EDIT: You have to star out the entire word, not just change one letter.
  4. orn-free-tada Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I want it/them but I can afford it. :(
  5. Fordy Jedi Knight

sorry.

ANYONE GOT A COSTCO CARD OUT THERE?
  6. Fordy Jedi Knight

God damn it!

Waterstone are saying it is in reprint as there was a problem with the original run. Bloody Liars!

Everywhere else is "awaiting stock" or "available to order" (which means never getting it)

Copies are selling on ebay for £150.

This is wrong, wrong, wrong.

Its a book, not the holy grail.

Maybe this could be the plot for indy4?

COSTCO card anyone?

HELP!
  7. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    ...I held this shrinkwrapped book in my hand today...but my credit status could not tek the £109 cost right now...just like the 'Dressing the SW....' book with all the fabric swatches - retailing at £157...(think the £27 version I will get...) :_|
  8. Fordy Jedi Knight

funny that, got my Chronicles today £75 delivered from amazon.co.uk marketplace. sealed and perfect. Wonder what the story was with Waterstones then?
  9. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It may be the cover box - there is a prob where the covering peels off a little on mine, maybe people are getting annoyed at having payed £100 for flimsy protective covers, but at the end of the day, you just have to be careful with it.

Jase, unless you are real keen to get the fabrics as a collector (and a few extras), then I'd go for the cheaper version. It's a great book nevertheless ;)
  10. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It may be the cover box - there is a prob where the covering peels off a little on mine, maybe people are getting annoyed at having payed £100 for flimsy protective covers, but at the end of the day, you just have to be careful with it.

Jase, unless you are real keen to get the fabrics as a collector (and a few extras), then I'd go for the cheaper version. It's a great book nevertheless ;)
  11. Fordy Jedi Knight

then it stays in its protective bag like chronicles 1 does.
  12. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Lol, though SW Chronicles 1 protective cover is much more robust IMHO ;)
  13. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Chronicles is on Play for £69 delivered now - I sense a lot of browsers going to play.....=D=

I am waiting for the Dressing a Galaxy Ltd Ed to go down in price now from £157....:_|
  14. Fordy Jedi Knight

see now that is typical!

If I had waited, it wouldn't have got in stock, oh well.

It will be interesting to see if anyone gets it from play. When the Long Way Round book first came out, there was a limited edition signed by Ewan and Charley, play said in stock, for a month and when I phoned and asked after a dozen ignored emails where my copy was i was told they never had it in stock and said it was a mistake. It took them another fortnight to take the book down off sale.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.