Star Wars: Clone Wars (2008) Coming to the Big and Small screen

Discussion in 'Boise Idaho' started by cmdrwillard, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. destined4gr8ness Jedi Padawan

Hi everyone,

Just went to see Clone Wars tonight with KaseyKenobi (Thank You to KaseyKenobi by the way) and thoroughly enjoyed it. The storyline was good, typical Lucas twist to it. Being an artist I was completely engrossed in the graphics. As usual Lucas leaves you wanting for more. Looking forward to the Televised series.
  2. Kasey_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, I also throughly enjoyed it, although I might have liked a little less of Jabba's son.
    Overall, it was a lot of fun. I wasn't sure I could get into the characters having now seen the completion of the saga, but it actually made it easier for me to enjoy because I know the full story. I'm not waiting in that anticipation now of seeing Anakin turn into Darth, which helps me appreciate the more subtle things about the characters now.
    Obi-wan asked for a refreshment also...haha! It might have looked like coffee but...
  3. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    Irish coffee maybe?
  4. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
  5. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    For the record I now have a Ewok bobblehead on my desk at work.
  6. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    Friday October 3rd is first episode on Cartoon Network
  7. Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    I got Wicket, Yoda, Storm Trooper
  8. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    i also have padme and vader now
  9. Kasey_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    WOW:

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/clonewars/

10. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    I assume you are referring to the preview videos. Just noticed that Plo Koon speaks for the first time and of course the Y-Wing like fighters are cool too. Can't wait until October.
  11. rlevtzow Jedi Knight

star 1
    The Clone Wars, the first weekly television series from Lucasfilm Animation, premieres on Cartoon Network Friday, October 3 at 9 p.m. (ET, PT) with a special one-hour presentation that anchors the Network's all-new night of fantasy, action and adventure. New series The Secret Saturdays and the current hit Ben 10: Alien Force join The Clone Wars for a night of non-stop adventure, exciting storytelling and innovative animation.

The Clone Wars Premieres October 3 on Cartoon Network
    Share Email Archives
    September 3, 2008

The Clone Wars, the first weekly television series from Lucasfilm Animation, premieres on Cartoon Network Friday, October 3 at 9 p.m. (ET, PT) with a special one-hour presentation that anchors the Network's all-new night of fantasy, action and adventure. New series The Secret Saturdays and the current hit Ben 10: Alien Force join The Clone Wars for a night of non-stop adventure, exciting storytelling and innovative animation.

In the signature style of Lucasfilm Animation, The Clone Wars chronicles the adventures of Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Ahsoka Tano and other favorite Star Wars characters as they struggle against the dark side during the divisive, action-packed Clone Wars. Each week, a new story in the galaxy-changing Clone Wars comes to center stage, brought to the screen by supervising director Dave Filoni and executive producer George Lucas.

Dwindling numbers of Jedi fight to maintain freedom and restore peace to the galaxy, using their army of genetically engineered clones against the seemingly never-ending droid army. The terrible conflict grows wider as our heroes are swept into the turmoil of war, while the evil Count Dooku, his assassin Asajj Ventress, their master Darth Sidious, the mechanical General Grievous and a rogue's gallery of never-before-seen villains scheme to defeat them.

Friday, October 3

9:00 p.m. Star Wars: The Clone Wars "AMBUSH": Jedi Master Yoda is on a secret mission to forge a treaty with the King of the strategic system of Toydaria when his ship is ambushed by Count Dooku. Yoda and three clone troopers must face off against Count Dooku's dreaded assassin Ventress and her massive droid army to prove the Jedi are strong enough to protect the king and his people from the forces of the war.

9:30 p.m. Star Wars: The Clone Wars "RISING MALEVOLENCE": Creating panic throughout the galaxy, a devastating Separatist mystery weapon terrorizes the clone Starfleet. Anakin and Ahsoka race to save Jedi Master Plo Koon and his clone troopers in time.

Starting Friday, October 10, The Clone Wars will run at 8:30 p.m. (repeat) and 9:00 p.m. (new episode).
  12. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    So two episodes the first night, very nice.
  13. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    In watching the special features on the two disc DVD set I was suprised to note that Chris Lee is not Dooku in the series. The guy who does it is a dead on for his voice though. Also the deleted scenes are fun, like the Rancor pit scene.
  14. Kasey_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    Eric have you still been recording the series?
  15. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
  16. Kasey_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    Well I'm already way behind seeing as I haven't watched one since we finished our viewing last at the beginning of this month.

I'd like to do one again. It is simpler for me that way, that is, if everyone is interested again?

Does that sound cool with you Eric?
  17. Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    Last nights Episode was cool. I liked seeing The Droid Comanders Lair. and i was also surprised how he took lip from the doctor droid but no way would he take it from any other droid lol.
  18. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    I was suprised that Kit Fisto called the General a "Sith Apprentice"...Didn't think that really applied. But it was a good episode. Your right Ron, I don't think that was Sam Jackson's voice after all.
  19. Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    I would not mind watching them with a Group.

I have the Last 3 episodes on Dvd

Bombad Jedi
    Cloak of Darkness
    Lair of Grievous
  20. Kasey_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    I was thinking trying to get together the Tuesday night after Christmas. Would this work for everyone?
  21. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    The 30th? That would work fine for me. I have all seven episodes since the last time we watched.
  22. Kasey_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    OK, so are we confirmed for Tuesday night at 7pm? Let me know and thanks again Eric for making this work.
  23. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    Just burned the episodes to disc. So I have the droid episode part 1&2 bombad jedi and the Uliminara and kit fisto epsiodes, are there any others?
  24. Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    Hey eric i hate having to ask but would you be willing to give me a ride to and from kaseys on Tuesday? and possibly also on Saturday night for the RPG? Just need to be picked up from work then to home afterwards. if not i understand.

I am going to be out of a car till tax returns at least.
  25. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah what time are you off on tuesday?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.