main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada Star Wars: Clone Wars on TELETOON

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by MarieM, Nov 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarieM

MarieM Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2003
    Star Wars: Clone Wars is coming to Canada! Starting Jan. 3rd, TELETOON will broadcast the series Saturdays at 5pm(et/pt), leading into a CINETOON feature, and Mondays and Sundays at 9:30pm(et/pt) as a special KAPOW! presentation. Teletoon.com, more info you will find!

2. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
  3. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    ^ Likewise! :D

4. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
  5. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Having already seen it I can assure you folks that you won't be dissapointed. Has everyone kept themselves spoiler free by not watching them on the official Clone Wars section of the SW site?

6. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Why would anyone wait? After the tactics that were employed in preventing Canadian fans from watching the show to begin with, particularly with regards to the online fiasco - but also with the very apparent, distinct impression that only after all the Canadian SW fans were up in arms and howling for blood, did Teletoon finally clue in....taking such a clear lack of forethought and regard into account....I don't see why anyone would choose to wait on them. I was fortunate enough to have people help me out with viewing them online - and I am also very much waiting for the DVD release of the shorts, which will hopefully be much sooner rather than later. Now, with regards to the second batch of the CW shorts, airing in, I believe, the early spring....one would hope that Teletoon learned their lesson from this latest brouhaha....but I'll believe that when I see it.

In the meantime, I wouldn't consider it any great wonder at all if people only continued to be wholly disenfranchised, mistrustful and confounded with the network, because after the run-around that we've already been given....well, it surely is a case of once-burned, forever-shy, I wouldn't doubt....and it may take a lot for people to forget the frustrations they suffered the first time around, or for them to otherwise feel appeased or content.

Dawn.

7. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Back in 2002, there was this Special Star Wars Trailer that was going to be shown on FOX sadly, as Canadians, we didn't get to see it because of the CRTC regulations.

long story short: it's about showing canadian commercials.

Now did I stop watching Global for taking over the airs.. well I wasn't really watching it that much to begin with anyway so..

Now Canada has granted us with a nation wide Cartoon station. Ever since they have been around, they have never listened to what us, fans, had to say.

They show what will in the long term profit to people who can help them pay for their rent. (Mostly stuff (toys and plush) you can find @ WalMart....)

So to go back to the Clone Wars, apparently, they had to wait for Cartoon Network to release the Clone Wars to whatever networks wanted to buy it.

so the fault would be on Cartoon Network.

But still, once again, we paid the price.

and that's one of the reason I paid the 28.95 (taxes included) for the HyperSpace service.

as for Teletoon, well I don't really care that much about the station itself, and to be quite honest, I'll keep on watching YTV on saturday morning.

DISCLAIMER: My opinion does not reflect the opinion of either Star Wars en Direct, Fanforce or Theforce.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.