main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Star Wars collectibles review

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Baron_Soontir_Fel, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    I figure it's about time that we had something like this. Basically if you happen to get something, be it figures, ships, busts, whatever, why not do a little review of it and throw it up here. That way, if you get something and it's good, share it. If you get something and it sucks, then warn everyone.

Here's my review of a couple of figures I bought this weekend. (BTW, Toys R Us and K Mart are having sales on figures this week: TRU is buy 2/$10.98 and KMart is $4.99 ea)

Clone Wars space trooper (?) - It's the clone trooper from the show that has the head of a wolf on his helmet. I love this figure. It comes with some accessories (blaster rifle, pistol, removable breath mask and armor). The dude has cool looking designs on his armor, and is a staple in the Grand Army. Get one if you haven't already.

Clone Wars Padme Amidala - THIS FIGURE SUCKS! There, I said it. I was hoping for more for this figure. It had great potential, and I should have looked at it more closely before I bought it. What's wrong with it? No articulation in the elbows and knees and she can't stand up under her own weight!! I put her on a figure stand and not even an hour later she was leaning forward at a 45 degree angle WHILE SHE WAS STILL ATTACHED TO THE STAND. Horrible, horrible figure. I'm just glad I got it on sale.

There ya go.. get the clone trooper and pass on the Padme. I'm looking forward to everyone's reviews!

2. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I thought I'd bring this post back up a couple pages. I thought it was a great idea for a post topic. I think it may have just gotten' lost in everything else on here.

But I would love to hear what you all think about the stuff you are buying? I think a review is a great idea. It may help someone out not picking up that crap toy. lol

Even though I'm sure I'd still get it. I think the review would be nice. So....

Let's see them. Anything new out there anyone has? We can even open this up to other toys as well. Not just for Star wars toys? So have at it.

Later,
    TK

PS> Good Idea John!

3. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    I'm still looking to finish out my McDonald's Clone Wars toys collection from last summer. I have only a few that I'm missing and I don't know what they are anymore. I have 14 of them. Anyone have a complete list or extras they are willing to part with?

4. DarthBane95

DarthBane95 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2009
    I usually just order the Kenner unopened figures off of the internet. But occasionally I will buy a new one from Wal Mart. The last new one I got, was Luke Skywalker in his Jedi Robe from ROTJ. It was freakin sweet. It was the rancor scene, the bonus accessories were a bone, and a lightsaber. I haven't opened it, cause I like to display them unopened, but it looks really great.

But I guess that this Sept. for me to get the Qui Gon/Eopie toy I will have to open the 5 figures I get in order to receive the 10th anniversary Qui Gon.

5. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I have some to trade James, unfortunately they are all packed away right now. Post what you need though, I should be moving stuff in the next couple of weeks so I'll eventually find them.

6. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Only 5? I'm surprised! I might have to do the same! :D

7. DarthBane95

DarthBane95 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2009
    Yeah you just got to buy 5 action figures with the Darth Maul sticker on them, then you send 5 stickers back to Hasbro and you get a free Qui Gon/Eopie toy!

8. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok...
    TOY REVIEW. :D

BIG thumbs up for the AT-TE walker. Man is it HUGE!! It is very sweet. Well worth the $49.99 at Toy-R-Us. I would say that if i paid full price for it I would not be as happy. Not that there is any thing wrong with it, becasue there is not. But for $50 you get a GREAT TOY! I love the sound FX on it. The walking sound is great. Even thou the box say you can get 20+ figures it... which I'm sure you can .I think maybe 15-ihs is all you need. Plus it would look better.

But I will gice it a 10! It was very well made. It has great scale. Figure can move around it easy. I would say there are only 2 thing missing....

It walking by it's self. lol and A gun ship big enought to carry it. That would be SWEET! So if you did not go pick it up today get out there and soon!

Oh by the way... Don't bother going to the Toys-R-Us in Portsmith. They are ALL SOLD OUT !! I picked up the second to last one. Than in line about 3 people back some other guy's had the last one . lol So.... try Concord and Manchester. Best of luck!

SeeYa,
    TK

9. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Capt_Brandon_Berry Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2008
    AT-TE like TK said worth $50. NOT $100! I think i got 2 gen, my legs have not come off yet. I think it needs more soundFX like bombs going off. the one thing I dont like is every time you open the back door a trooper says move out. AWESOME DETAIL WORTH THE FIFTY

10. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    I also think they should have made the front pilot booth be able to open up better. There is a cockpit up fornt that can hold 4 figures. It only opens up from the sides. I think it should have open up better say in the middle maybe? But it is a great piece for $50.

I heard this evening from John that they still have like 8+ left in the Concord Toy-R-us if anyone out there is still looking?

Later,
    TK

11. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Looks liek I'm going to miss this one, like I missed the Falcon! I don't get paid til next week, darn it! :(

Of course, it'd make a sweet house warming gift from the group... :D lol

12. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok John,

To show you the "love" I have for you... lol I went a head and picked you up a AT-TE today. That way you do not miss out this time around.

AAAAaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh............. I'm so sweet. [face_batting]

And NO it's not a house warming gift. Sorry... But I did pick one up for you. So next week when you get paid you can just pick it up. If it comes down to you not being able to get it in the long run. I'm sure ican find something to do with it.

Your Welcome!!

Later,
    TK

13. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    :eek: [face_love] :D

I think I love you! lol j/k!

14. SpiceSmuggler

SpiceSmuggler Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2009
    How sweet!

15. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Mar 7, 2008
    Its a KODAK moment [face_love]

16. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    You know he is just kiddin' about the J/k part right.

He really does love me! I can't blame him...lol

TK

17. SpiceSmuggler

SpiceSmuggler Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2009
    Is that from TMNT 1? I think it is. Are you a fan? They are doing a 5th one. live action kind of redoing the origins. Think it will be good. Well I'm back off to Cally in the A.M. Going to SDCC and take care of some biz. Do you have a meeting this month? If you do I hope to make it. SEE YOU ALL LAT.

18. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    This is true. I want to have TK's baby.

19. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Mar 7, 2008
    Yes I am a big fan of the TURTLES!

John thats makes you the women now. I thought TK was. Form other post remember/

20. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Slave Leia - I picked up this fig yesterday. I have to say I like this figure. The ability to switch between her sitting and standing is cool, though it took a little maneuvering to get her sitting in the proper position. She comes with Jabba's wine glass and force pike axe thingy.

I'd give this figure an 8/10. Not perfect, but pretty good all the same!

Clone Wars Cad Bane - I love this figure, with the only detractor against it is he has no knee articulation. He comes with a removable hat, 2 blaster pistols and a rifle. The lack of knees gives him a 7/10.

21. Jeedai_Veila

Jeedai_Veila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 15, 2006
    Real bounty hunters don't need knees ;)

22. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Mar 7, 2008
    FIGS: Malakili- ALL NEW! I would give him a 8 out of 10 done very nice lot of movement but with his hood on he CANT raise his arms up. AWESOME UPGRADE!

Rum Sleg- ALL NEW! I give 9 out of 10 No ankle movement. Comes w/ 2 guns, backpack, helmet. AWESOME 4 a background guy.

Luke Skywalker- ALL NEW! 6 out of 10 COME ON HASBRO!! HE IS A MAIN GOOD GUY HE SHOULD BE PERFECT!! LACK WAIST MOVEMENT AND WRONG BELT BUCKLE.
    Comes w/ 2 chest pices Lightsaber and binders.

Darth Sidious- ALL NEW! 10 of 10. More of a PROP then a fig

Obi-Wan Kenobi (TFM)- ALL NEW! 9 out of 10 Just he cant move his legs out to the side like AOTC & ROTS ones.

Princss Leia (SLAVE)- 7.5 out of 10 Like what HASBRO was trying w/legs. POSE NOT RIGHT WEIRD LEAN

SHIPS: Wedge's X-Wing- REDONE NEW Paint job red 2. Seat put in WRONG have to take apart to fix NICE to get more fighters. Wedge FIG is a kit bashed w/ new head
    Done good. R2 unit repaint and UNNAMED????

I a little hard on ratings BUT FOR ALL MOST $8.00 THEY SHOULD BE ALL 9 to 10's

AND "Z" your to funny!!

23. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Mar 7, 2008
    Just pick up from TARGET- Darth Vader's TIE ADVANCED X1 STARFIGHTER- for $17.98 two bucks off their reg price. It is the same as all of them since TPOTF 2 to now
    This time around has slight weathering and I mean slight. I give a 8 out of 10. They could of given it a up dated cockpit like all the
    New TIEs coming out this year or battle dam wing from trench accident.

24. Jeedai_Veila

Jeedai_Veila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 15, 2006
    Cheapy-lightsaber review:

After laying my hands upon this piece of heaven, my life changed for the better. I immediately felt a difference when walking down the street, because frat boys were asking me out, and young kids were asking for my autograph. I then won the lottery that evening. While walking home one night, I was attacked by a serial killer, but I killed him with my lightsaber. He mentioned something about being someone's father, but the rest was lost to gurgling noises. A ray of light then shone upon me and God asked me where I got the lightsaber. I replied Toys'r us, and he immediately went and bought a red one. He should have gotten a green one, or one of those cool lightsabers that has spring action and lights up and stuff. An indian war chief then stopped by our apartment for a duel to see if I am worthy of such a valuable item. I stabbed him in the chest, which caused him to go into convulsions, but the lightsaber started glowing and magically healed him. He then invited me to join the order of the wolf protectors, but I said no.

All in all, I give the lightsaber:

11/10

25. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    The single best review EVER! I beg you not to use the Lightsaber o' Doom against me! :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.