main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA Star Wars Collecting

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DetShogan, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DetShogan

DetShogan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2006
    Well, being it seems most of the few of us in ECS collect I thought it appropriate to start this thread. We can post about whats coming out, what we're looking for, trade, sell, blah blah..you get the point. I tend to hit some of the Toys'R'Us's and Targets early in the morning (occasionally) let me know if and what you're looking for and (if I have the money) I can pick it up (It's a little system my friend Brandon(Cenobyte) showed me.). This way you can get some of the hard to find stuff before the colle...HORDERS do. I can also look for anything none StarWars too.

-Paul (the Clone collector)

2. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    Hey good idea! I usually go to the collecting boards but it is nice to have a local one!
    I usually go to some Fred Meyer's north of downtown so I can look around there for stuff.
    I'm saving right now for SS Obi-Wan. Should be out any week now. Although they've said that all summer!

3. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    SS Obi-wan?

4. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    Sideshow toys...
    http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=search&item=2117&type=store

5. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    OH, that one..Those are beautifully done...

6. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    I know! If they were more affordable I would buy them all. But for now one is fine with me!:)

7. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    If I stop anywhere before work is there anything anyone is looking for? Figs? Titanium Series? Models? legos?

8. micdavis

micdavis Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    Also there is a local group of collectors that have a emailing list called SALAAC. They have regular meetings as well.

Here is the last email from them. Their next meeting is in Olympia.

I am probably going. PM me for a ride or the address.

From SARLAAC:

Hello Everyone,

It looks like we're going to have a lot of special guest at the August (7th) meeting! I attached the e-mail I got from Gus Lopez. These guys are collectors who have written books, designed tattoos, maintained websites, and I believe all of them have been panelist for Celebration events. All I gotta say is "WOW!" They all want to meet collectors like us too! My wife and I are working our butts off to finish the garage/room. It looks like we'll be able to finish before the August 7th meeting. I would like your help though, please.

Please bring some chairs, food, and drinks. I will get the main dish, and a side dish or two. Thanks a million for all your help. I look forward to hosting my first Star Wars meeting down here in Olympia.

9. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    Brandon told me about them , I just have not gotten around to showing up.
    work kills alot of things

10. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    Went to the Target down in South Center found Jabba's Sailbarge and Imperial StarDestroyer legos, Clone Shock Trooper (red Paintjob) 501st Clone (blue /w removable helmet) AT-TE Gunner, Clone Commander (green) various rehash of EPIII figs and leftover Original Trilogy figs (Hoth/Tatooine). nothing else was "new".

11. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    Got an old OTC Lobot at KayBee in Southcenter. It was a nice suprise. Other than that just the same old same old figures.

12. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    Was thinking if people want to get together and do some hunting on Tuesday or Wednesday mornings on the occasion that'd be cool. Went to Target again and found another cool fig, but mostly the same stuff! A lot of new stuff is coming out this month.

13. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    Paul, I didn't find anything in my search. But I did find a princess leia print fabric at JoAnn's and in the Half Price Books at Crossroads mall they have the origional copies of the Solo's End Trillogy for about $1 each.

14. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Inside Target knowledge: If the racks aren't very empty and the people working don't care (as usual), they will not refill toys, particularly SW. So, new stuff will come in but won't be put out for a week. What you can do is put all the figures on as few pegs as you can and try to get someone to pull more from the back. Or, go in the next day. Overnighters no longer work much "overnight". They usually start between 2-6am depending, and they unload for most of that. Best time is about 10am.

::hates Target::

JF

15. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    The scheduled me for the next 2 Tuesdays AND Wednesdays at work. :(
    I can do something in the evening but the mornings and afternoons are gone.
    I can do something 2 weeks from now though.

16. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    So you were not able to get it off huh?
    sucks.

17. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    No. I think I was scheduled both days BOTH weeks out of spite. :(

18. dragonmar

dragonmar Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2003
    Hi Dragonmar from Mos Everett. The September meeting to the SARLACC is going to be at my house on Friday the 8th of September. It will start at 7:00. I can give direction to any one interested in coming. My collection isn't really large but I think a pretty good one. I also collect dragons and LOTR toys. Sarlacc is open to anyone who is interested in collecting or just Star Wars. It's a really good group and a lot of fun.

19. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    holy crap, i found the sandtrooper, 3 501st clones, 1 utapau clone, scorch, a few AT-TE gunner clones all at one target. Still looking for the Tie Interceptor and B-wing from the Titanium line

20. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    Ok, I have a weird non-toy related SW question.

Yesterday, I got 5 cardboard store displays from my stepdad. They're from Episode 1, dated and everything. They are those big poster-sized cardboard displays they screw into the walls behind departments, but two are double sided like they would have been hanging. Apparently, after the promo was over 7 years ago, they took them down and hung them near their freight elevator for color (along with other posters). They have no seen sunlight so the colors are STILL super bright. Other than having been used and a little corner squishing here and there from normal use, they are great!

Any ideas on where I can get pricing? How to I protect them?

JediFarfy

21. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    Depends on the standee. These were used on anything from Lay's promos to DK books. Do you have any pictures of the cutouts? What type of writing is listed on the back or front?

22. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    I don't have pictures yet. They're just big cardboard posters. They have pre-made holes in each corner where the screws would go to drill them into the wall of the store. I'll get pics and you'll have an idea. I can't seem to find anything online about them.

JF

23. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Not QUITE sure this fits here, but its pretty close. :p

I found 7 yards of Princess Leia flannel (pink background) and 2.75 yards of Artoo/C3PO (blue background). Anyone interested in some, I am willing to share. :D

24. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    Star Wars PJ's! :p

25. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    5 pairs of Star Wars jammies? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.