Star Wars Collecting

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by TheProtocol, Mar 17, 2013.

Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. TheProtocol Jedi Master

star 2
    Hi all,

I was wondering the best places to acquire Star Wars Collectibles? (Statues, busts, lightsabers etc).

I'm looking to start a collection and am wondering the best place to start. I've had a look at Sideshow and that's pretty cool but was wondering what other resources are available for newbie's.
  2. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
  3. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    There's always eBay as well. If you go that route be sure to check the seller's feedback before bidding. If you're into mini-busts be sure to check out Gentle Giant.
  4. Ani501st Jedi Master

star 3
    Ebay is a good place to buy. My Vader Lightsaber I got it in a local store and my Sideshow 12inch in different stores in internet same for the statues. For Hasbro figures both internet and local stores are good, depending on the price.
    So the best place to buy star wars collectibles in my point of view is probably internet.
  5. TheProtocol Jedi Master

star 2
    Thank you so much! I can't wait to check out the links and get my collecting on! I'm happy to see a couple of Australian sites.
  6. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Just a note that the list hasn't been updated in awhile. You might find that some sites are no longer in business.
  7. TheProtocol Jedi Master

star 2
  8. J_Girl Force Ghost

star 4
    So what are you interested in collecting first? Figures? Ships? Playsets? Lightsabers?
  9. TheProtocol Jedi Master

star 2
    Mmm probably lightsabers and the 6"/12" statues.
  10. J_Girl Force Ghost

star 4
    Sounds like a good place to start. Keep us updated on what you get. :) I'm always interested in knowing what someone is collecting.
  11. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    For collecting on the cheap, eBay is a good source. If you're planning to display your items out of their package, I suggest looking for previously-displayed items. They may not have their original boxes, but you get a great item at a really great price. Two pieces in my collection are previously-displayed items.
  12. Roberto Calrissian Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I don't collect at all but respect to those that do. I admire/marvel at some of the great star wars collection some people have.
    TrakNar likes this.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT