main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Salisb, NC Star Wars Collection

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_MacDuff, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_MacDuff

Darth_MacDuff Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2007
    Now this is my Star Wars Collection at work! I have 31 figures of which 29 are still in their boxes, 2 Starfighters (a V-Wing and Darth Vader's black Jedi Starfighter), the two figures out of the boxes are the pilots, 3 of the Titanium Series Die Casts (Dart Vader, Sandtrooper, T.I.E. Fighter),Special Edition 500th Figure- Darth Vader, 3 Transformers (Sith Starfighter/Darth Vader, TIE Fighter/Darth Vader, Turbo Tank/Commander Cody), the Mr Potato Head Collection (Darth Tater, Spudtrooper, Artoo Potatoo), an animated Darth Vader Bank, a giant Darth Vader Pez Dispenser, 2 of the Evolutions Series (Clone Trooper to Stormtrooper and Anakin Skywalker to Darth Vader), the Death Star Briefing- 7 Figures, a Darth Vader 1/7 Scale Statue and I have three more smaller Pez dispensers that haven't made it yet, and I recently one a 3 pack of different Shadow Troopers on EBay.
    I am starting to run out of room at work. It is amazing to see the people who come by my desk and ask me if I am a Star Wars fan. Ya think! :oops:

2. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    Oh - you should have seen the Mandalorian packs I saw today - they were VERY tempting to buy!

3. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    I have some money that I saved and my parents gave me a check for my birthday, so I am going hunting. Love to find some of the Force Unleashed figures. I guess since I have already done Vader and I am wanting to do a Stormtrooper and maybe a Clone Trooper, most of my figures are of the Empire.

4. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    Ok. The Heroes Con was a big boost to my collection as I came away with 9 new figures. If I would have had the money I would have gotten a whole lot more, but the wife would have been madder that she already was. [face_laugh] She wasn't really but she just can't see spending that much on "toys". :eek: Who plays with them? Well, the Starfighters do have tendency to take a trip around the Universe every so often and I have to make sure their wings open up OK and all. ;)

5. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    OK. The collection grows again as the 3 figures that I won on EBay showed up today. I am going to have to decide which figures I am going to keep at work. I don't think that I have enough room for all of them now and I have some more coming. What I wouldn't do to get that TIE fighter that I saw Saturday, but money and room are the problem. :_| I am very happy with what I got now. What a hobby!!

6. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    Tis sad news I bring. After many years of having my desk adorned with members of the Empire and the Grand Army of the Republic, I was asked by my new supervisor to take some if not most of my collection home. I have never seen my desk either so sad or that bare in a long long time. They now occupy the garage in plastic bags as I have no room at the base (aka the house). I am having to put my collecting on hold for a bit. I am not the happiest Sith Lord in the world right now.

7. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Sorry for your loss! But you did have less room than workspace you obsessed fan! You could always do what I did at home - convert the garage over to a ManCave and the home office to a collectors den! Instead of a nice wallpaper valance at the top of my wall - I have packaged star wars figures old and new - I particulary like my Ralph McQuarrie collection that goes with my signed art book from him!

I think I will cover my entire office walls at home instead of re-painting!

but - truly am sorry you have to part with your toys at work...

8. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    Toys? Toys? They are not toys. [face_shame_on_you] They are collectibles still in their original packages, at least that's what I try and to explain to my wife when calls them that and then brings up my age. :oops: They become toys when they are taken out of the box. I am not too sure but I seem to remember someone in the group who has about 3 tubs of them and still claims they are for his kids. [face_laugh] It is amazing to think exactly how much fun we have had since a man named George came up with an idea to direct a movie about space, courage, ideals, beliefs and adventure. We just came along for the ride and, man, what a ride it has been!

9. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    OH my wife wishes it was just 3 tubs - more like three closets full, a home office and garage to boot! Not to mention the book collection, fine art and props now - don't get me started there...

10. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    My collection took a jump here again. I was on "The Bay" and saw a MR Stormtrooper stunt helmet from ANH. It had the green lenses and all and was 1/1 scale. It was around $100.00 and I decided what the heck! Maybe I can use it as a reference when I am putting my TKTALL bucket together. I am looking forward to the next armor session.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.