main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Collections

Discussion in 'Archive: Philippines' started by Garvy, Dec 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garvy

Garvy Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2004
    Just wanted to breathe life back into an old locked thread. I'd really be interested in seeing pics of collectors' collections!

To start off, here's mine. Follow the link:

share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeCMm7Rs4btGKt

Cheers,

Garvy

2. Darth_Moonchild

Darth_Moonchild Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2004
    Coolll.....

Your collection kicked butt!!!

I'll show mine soon

Newbie Darth Moonchild

3. Garvy

Garvy Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2004
    Thanks!

I look forward to checking out your collection!

When I get the chance, I'll try unearthing from storage my other stuff and take digital pics!

Cheers,

Garvy

4. jedi_ginny

jedi_ginny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    There are pics of the members' collections over at the yahoo group also, if you guys are interested. :)

5. Garvy

Garvy Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2004
    The photo section of the yahoo group has been registering "error -- group check" message since December.

Cheers,

Garvy

6. jedi_ginny

jedi_ginny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    hi! i checked and it's working fine. :)

http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/starwarsphilippines/lst

7. Garvy

Garvy Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2004
    Cool! Now its working! Funny though since I checked on it this morning and it was registering an error. Oh well, all's well that ends well.

Cheers,

Garvy

8. Darth_2ngaw

Darth_2ngaw Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2005
    Hello, newbie here. Although I've been a fan of Star Wars since it's Special Edition release, I only started collecting SW figures last year... mostly Siths and Unleashed figures. I'll get them ready for viewing. Glad to be here!

9. kuwagi

kuwagi Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    you've got an awesome collection!!When did you start collecting? Can you help me where i could find an AT-AT or a shuttle Tidirium? I have a couple of vintage x-wings (Which are relatively small compared to yours) im wondering where you bought them? tnx! May the force be with you....always

10. XYDE

XYDE Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2004
    WHOA!
    Im drooling over your collection dude!
    really something to be envious about!

im 29. ive been a STARWARS fanatic since childhood. probably the most (longtime)fanatical fan (redunadant, hehehe) in Iloilo. but my decision to seriously start collecting took off during the 97 special edition KFC promos. i still didnt hav a job yet at the time so i regretably wasnt able to maximize on collecting the KFC toys that time.

but at least that was my takeoff to craving to collect. my collection was gradual. i would only shell out only as much as 2 thousand. and that depends on the season. there are long periods of time, like last year that i havent spend anything on star wars.

primarily on action figures (coz itz cheaper and very basic) and giveaways/promos, and lost stuff that people consider (more or less) garbage. like the 1980's trading cards that my ex-gf found on her baul, that she was ready to just throw away.

if only i had a job that pays more to give my hobby a fatter satisfaction, which is shelled in three (almost 4) medium-sized (PC monitor size) boxes.

my question is...
    (il get to my question/point on the next post coz this introductory post is too long)

11. XYDE

XYDE Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2004
    aside from the current JOLLIBEE promo and the TENDER JUICY toys,

What other promos (not usually advertised on local TV) do any of u know of, which has some collectible?

like that American cereal which has this cool YODA/THREEPIO/VADER figures released during the AOTC season...?

promos that we wouldnt have known of, if we hadnt gone out and actually scoured for StarwArs stuff

...?

IMO: that SIMcard promo seems really lame...
    IS THERE EVEN SOME KIND OF TRADING CARD INSIDE IT????

also, please share your thoughts on LAME Star Wars PROMOS.....
    Letz talk about the CAVEAT EMPTOR aspect of the Star Wars promos

12. Garvy

Garvy Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2004
    I started collecting in 1994.

By the way, if you want to check out the updated pics of my collection, you can check out this link:

http://toykolektorph.proboards38.com/index.cgi?board=my&action=display&num=1111548467

Kuwagi, referring to your question on the Shuttle Tyderium and AT-AT, they're very hard to find nowadays. The best advice I can give you is to make occassional rounds of the collectibles/toystores in Greenhills and Alabang. They show up from time to time, but not often.

Thanks,

Garvy

13. Jedi_Moppet_Naboo

Jedi_Moppet_Naboo Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    hi Garvy, your collections are Awesome! its really cool bro! anyways, i start collecting SW stuff when Episode1 was released. but since i saw the trilogy long time ago when i was small i've been a star wars fan. but that time collecting was not on my mind. my parents buy me dolls, cooking toys and musical toys. you know girlie stuff. i grew up in a neighborhood with young boys, and im the only girl in the compound of the apartment we used to lived-in. but, im lucky that my 2 nephews are there too. they are the ones who showed me what is like to have "cool" toys. my nephew,(by the way, 2 years older than me)collect action figures like he-man, g.i. joe and anime robots etc.. i envy him for having cool toys. because im a girl i cant have action figure. but he was kind enough to share it with me. and he have a younger bro. when he finds out i love star wars, he gave me this "little" figures of Yoda, storm trooper and ewoks. that's my first SW collection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.