main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Star Wars Collections

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I had the opportunity to visit Boba Jay's place last night and check out his collection. OMG!! Absoluting AMAZING - it humbled me. I now realize what an amateur I am.

Jay collects mostly vintage toys and stuff. And he sets them up in diorama's. And they're INCREDIBLE :eek: They're so detailed. He builds the sets himself and then populates them with all the characters:
    -Jabba's palace (with action figures I didn't even know EXISTED?!)
    -the Hoth trench with 2 AT-AT's and even snowspeeders
    -a Death Star play set with different set ups on each level (Han/Luke/Leia in the detention corridor, Tarkin/Leia/Vader on the bridge, the garbage masher scene!!!)
    -the hanger bay on the Death Star with the Emperor's shuttle, the Emperor, Vader, red guards, Storm troopers, Imperial dignitaries and officers
    -the two skiffs from the Sarlaac pit, complete with all the characters

If he can't find (or afford) some of the figures, he actually SCULPTS them himself - they're so cool!!

Comics, SW Insider magazines, books, badges, lunchboxes, glasses, promotional stuff (standees, stuff from Taco Bell, Burger King, etc).... I can't name everything he's got!

His Boba Fett collection is really cool too - the bounty hunter section is pretty sweet. His autograph wall is HUGE.
    Jay's collection is truly unique - you really do regress back into a kid. I almost passed out from SW overload - I was so excited!!

I'm sure he'd be happy to have anyone over to check it out - he loves having people over to check it out.

2. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    I have to get over there and check it out cause I've only heard the rumors and read that article in the paper. Currently I'm working on my collection room since seeing echosevin's I was inspired to actually get the room started.

So what does everyone collect?. Me personally it's mostly toys, novels, comics, music, wait who am I kidding alittle of everything. But it seems at times that there is just too much cool stuff out there. Can be hard to decided sometimes and with the emergence of compaines like Master Replica with there FX lightsabers and Gentle Giant with there statues. It seems that things are only getting better and we'll all be collecting for sometime yet.

3. tk-627

tk-627 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2005
    BobaJay is a great guy, and a huge SW fan!! Here's the newspaper clippings from the 501st site:
    http://www.badlands.ca/modules.php?name=gallery2&g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=7542&g2_imageViewsIndex=1
    http://www.badlands.ca/modules.php?name=gallery2&g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=7539&g2_imageViewsIndex=1
    It doesn't do his collection justice, you've really got to get over there and check it out!

4. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    Oh yes....everyone MUST check out Jay's collection. He's definitely put his heart and soul in to it.

If ever in Edmonton, I might add, there are two collections that are certainly worth checking out if you get the opportunity. The first is 501st member Kevin F. (TK-713). Kevin has a lot of high end stuff.....Master Replica saber hilts, limited edition figures etc. His entire living room is where it is all displayed....no couch or other normal living room stuff....LOL

The second is 501st/Fan Force member Dave K. (redeye). Dave has a massive collection spanning several rooms in his house.....figures, ships and a ton of costumes. He has scenes (like the Emperor's arrival) all set up. Totally cool!

5. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    Wow it sounds like an awsome collection. I wonder if he would like to do a group tour( open house )so to speak...for the group to check it out.

6. alexandertrooper1

alexandertrooper1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    lol everyone always forgets about my collection lol. I also have a massive collection but has yet to be unpacked but wow em I looking forward to it. I do love every collection I've seen. I"ve spent many of a hour at Jays, Dave Kho's and Kevin's places. Personly I collect almost anything star wars with in reason. Mostly comics, toys, Insiders, Cards, Games (mini and board games) auto graph's, Busts, Bust ups, statues, glasses youname it really. I just don't really bother with the school supplies and stuff.

7. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I didn't mean to diminish anyone's collection - I just hadn't seen anything like Jay's before.
    True, we all collect different things and each collection is unique. Perhaps we should start a 'Collection tour' of some of the bigger ones?!
    alexandertrooper1 - once you get your collection set up, I'd love to see it!

8. alexandertrooper1

alexandertrooper1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    lol its all good. Yep when its all set up I would love to have you over and other to check it out. I really love jays stuff I wish I had the talent he does to make those playsets and stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.