main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass STAR WARS Collectors' Informational thread of the Imperial Syndicate.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthLucanas, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Hey everyone I have started my collecting habits again.

I know many of us are addicted to collecting, so best way to keep everyone informed on where to find stuff and help each other out.

Please post here when you feel like discussing purchases,finds,updates, commentary,etc. on collecting.

Let's keep this thread a fun and helpful one for everyone.

Here is my little list of top priority wants.

Tactical Ops Trooper #65
    Shock Trooper a.k.a. Clone Trooper #6 (Red Painted)
    Jedi Temple Assault (K-Mart exclusive)

What are yours? Let us know.

2. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I have been doing really well with this series of figs. I have them all so far except for 1. I scored some good finds yesterday when I picked up a Tan face AT-RT, Spudtrooper, and the 2nd version of the Clone Evolution figs. I was also able to score a couple Covert Ops figs from SW.com. They keep on going on and off the site.

My wants are just one right now. A Utapau Shadow Trooper. They have eluded me all weekend. lol I actually thought I had one this afternoon but I spoke too soon. The guy check the system for me and they were showing up and supposedly when he went back there they were gone. I was watching the guy and I saw him come out of the back with something in his hands and was stopped by another employee and the next thing I knew they went to the back and the guy no longer had anything in his hands when he came walking back. Here is the number to use when asking for this figure 087-06-0516.

O btw I have an extra 501st and Shocktrooper.

3. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    I've cut way back on my figure collecting. There's only a few more that I really want to get. The 501st Trooper, Separation of the Twins, and the VOTC wave 2 figures. Other than that, I've moved on to the higher end stuff. In the past couple of weeks I've received my GG Yoda bust, Code 3 Revenge of the Jedi Mini Poster and my Borders Exclusive MR Luke ROTJ saber. :D

I was up at Target (Milford) this morning and they had figures up to #64 or #65 along with the new ROTS Galactic Heroes figures and a ton of the Attack on Coruscant Battle Packs. The GH Anakin figure is pretty cute. They gave him "Sith Eyes" :)

4. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I like those Code 3 mini posters and big posters. They are really cool. I got the one from C3 and I have all of them so far. I like TESB and ROTS from best buy the best. ANH is a good one as well. I am not the biggest fan of the Return of the Jedi normal one. I don't remember that being the poster for the movie back then.

5. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Jorge I will keep an eye out for Utapau Shadow Trooper if I see them I will pounce.

Mike if I see any of yours I will pick them up, I can always return them to the store if you already have them.

Any one seen or picked up any of the new promotional stuff at Burger King yet?

I heard there was new meal toys.
    Not really interested in the watches myself.
    I have got enought watches.
    If someone is collecting them let me know I will try and pick up a few of those too.

6. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I have the 1st wave of BK toys. I got them yesterday. I was going to get a watch but decided not to I will probably get a Han and Leia. I do want the Have It Your Way cards. They are 6 of them for all the movies. Han is for TESB Slave Leia for ROTJ Maul for TPM I can't remember the rest.

7. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Thanks Chris.

I haven't picked up any of the BK stuff yet, but I plan on hitting there at Lunch today. I think this time around I'm going to pass on the toys. There is a wave 2 of them, but I think there is only 12-15 this time around and some of them are the same figure that the have made minor changes to.

I'm going for a couple of the watches myself. I want the Luke/Stormie and the Ani/Vader one. Hopefully I can pick them bothup today, eliminating any future BK visits.

So they have cards too? Hmm, didn't hear anything about those. I'll have to check them out.

8. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    From the one window cling I saw there were Have it your way cards that I guess are gift certificates. There are 6 of them and they are the litograph kind. Everything seems to be lithograph lately I wonder why.

9. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I picked up the ANH watch yesterday at BK. I was a bit disappointed that there are only 2 watches available at a time though. :( The only other watch I want is the ROTS one. I guess I'll have to check back later in the week.

I did see those Have it Your Way cards. I didn't realize they were going to be gift cards though. I thought they were going to be oversized trading cards.

Last night I went hunting after work and finally found the Clone 3-pack in DVD packaging at the Hudson WalMart. They also had about 10 Cmndr Bly's for those who need him as well as 3 of the Early Bird packages. I though about picking one up, but they're still charging $29.99 for them, so I passed.

10. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I went to Burger King for breakfast this morning and picked up the AHN and the TPM watches. I think I only got them for the tins they come in.
    I will probably keep a couple of the watches, but if anyone wants the watches let me know I can get some extra ones perhaps.
    I will try and get some extra of the ROTS watch if you want Mike.

I also got picked up the Chewbacca Kid's Meal toy.
    It is a spinner or top and it works pretty good.

At the Milford Burger King I with the summer toys I was able to buy as many as I wanted with a meal purchase. And I think the same thing goes with this promotion.

11. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    When I was at the one in Milford on Sat. I was able to buy them all at once. I will have to go back there on Sat to pick up the next set. lol I might also get a few watches.

12. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Hey I just splurged and picked up the
    Episode III Revenge of the Sith 3D Sculpted Movie Poster from Best Buy.

I wasn't able to get The Darth Vader ESB one at Celebration III, which I really wanted. :(

So this will be my first of these kind of collectibles.

It is limited to 5,000 pieces and it costs $80.00 .
    More than I usually spend on a collectible.

You can see pictures of it at Code 3 Episode III Revenge of the Sith 3D Sculpted Movie Poster

13. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I really like this one. It is one of my favs next to TESB. I really like this series of collectible and I can't wait for TPM and AOTC to come out down the road. I hope it is a few months away because I want to get the credit cards down. lol

14. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    That's a nice looking poster Chris, congrats on the purchase! I would have loved to get that one but the cost, along with the utter lack of wallspace I have in my office kind of put the kybosh on that. I got my mini Revenge of the Jedi one a couple of weeks ago and it looks great next to my mini ESB one. I'm hoping they do this with with the other 4 movies as well. A mini TPM poster with young Ani casting the Vader shadow would be awsome!

As for the BK toys, I know the one on Rt 20 in Marlboro will let you buy as many as you like with the purchase of a value meal. I think they charge $1.29 for 2.

15. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I am not sure how the big posters will hang on a wall. They are heavy as hell for a poster. You would definitely have to put them on a stud and not just put them anywhere along the wall. These ones are definitely better displayed like a picture frame I think.

Where is the BK on 20 in Marlboro? I work in Marlboro in the same plaza as Panera, Long Horn, etc we are the car place at after the light there going towards Worcester. When I go to Bk I usually go to the one in Hudson before work.

16. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Yeah I know where that is. Once and a while I'll stop into the Boston Market there next to the Starbucks and bring home dinner.

To get to the BK on Rt 20, you need to head east through Marlboro center and keep following 20 for a mile or two. It would be on your left-hand side, across from the old Marlboro cinema.

It sounds like the Hudson one is probably easier for you to get to though, since all you need to do is jump on 495 for a minute or two.

17. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Today I was able to pick up the next wave of BK toys. I was also able to get a Vader. I don't remember what ones are part of this wave they are out in my car right now.

I also picked up a Wookie Heavy Gunner today. The #64 version it is supposed to be #68 o well I think I have the correct version some where at home. lol

My wife tried to get me a Shadow Trooper at Target in Millbury but was told they couldn't sell them. They are supposed to do a reorg of the toy dept soon and supposedly they will put them out then. Which is kinda funny because most of the other Targets in the area Worcester, Marlboro, Milford, and Framingham have let people buy them you just had to ask for them.

I also got an e-mail today stating that my Covert Ops Clone exclusive from starwarsshop.com is scheduled to arrive next Wednesday. That will be cool. Now if I can get my other Early Bird Special set of figs I will be golden. I ordered two sets one for me and one for my brother's b-day I want to give it to him when he comes out here next Thursday.

Now back to our normal scheduled blabber. lol

18. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    So I just go into Target and just ask them?
    I was in Milford Target today and the regular selection figures was thinning.

I will have to try that tomorrow morning.

I did pick up Ben Kenobi,Stormtrooper,and Mace Windu of the new BK toys today.

19. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Here is the number to ask for 087-06-0516 for the Shadow Trooper. My wife was able to pick up one for me and I might have an extra one coming via trade. lol My wife actually liked this figure, which surprised the hell out of me. lol

Today I picked up some Mpire Ornaments Leia, Luke, Han, and Padme. I think I need 5 more of them lol.

20. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Thanks Jorge I will give it a try when I get back from Maine.

I went to a Wal-Mart a town over from Bar Harbor and found a Spudtrooper ( the only one left in store) and I got a black suited Clone Pilot.

I did see an old Queen Amidala doll at the Wal-Mart but they wanted $11 dollars so I decided against picking it up.

I am going to a Target on the way home tomorrow in Bangor I believe I will check to see if they have what you guys are looking for.

I hope they have some Shock Troopers, Shadow Troopers, and some blue 501st Tactical Ops Trooper!![face_praying]

I will be checking the boards later tonight and possibly tomorrow let me know if there is anything else to get for you guys if I see it. Spudtrooper?

21. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    No problem on the code. We have been tossing that around on one of the sites I go to. Lots of MA collectors there.

Good luck on the hunting trip for figs. I found some Tact Ops today at K-mart in Webster. One is for a trade I am trying to complete and who knows about the other two. I have to start selling some of my dubs. lol

I found a Spudtrooper the other weekend, but that is the Secret Santa gift for the mod of the SW group I am in on yahell. That was the big idea on everyone's list this year. That and the Separation of the Twins figs.

Hope you have fun on the rest of your trip.

22. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Jorge if you come across any more of the Tactical Ops Troops and you don't want them and if you can get them for me I will greatly appreciate it.

I am looking to get at least a couple to make a battle scene.

23. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I will see how many I got and I should be able to help ya. I will let you by Monday. I am working right now until 7am on Sunday. I will probably go for a mini hunting trip tomorrow through your neck of the woods. lol

24. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I noticed an error on the BK Kid?s Meal bags.

They have the names switched with the pictures of the Naboo Starfighter and the Vulture Droid.

I noticed the same thing on the big promotional poster of the Star Wars Kids Meal Toy.

25. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I recived my Code 3 ROTS Episode III sculpted poster!! Wow it is really heavy.

It does have optional hanging or stand on back (like a picture frame stand) for display.

I was thinking of bringing it to Super Mega Fest for everyone to see.

No luck in my action figure hunting today. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.