Mass STAR WARS Collectors' Informational thread of the Imperial Syndicate.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthLucanas, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattdamick Jedi Youngling

Went to target in millbury today the had 3 senate battle packs they now have 1 left. I needed 1 and the other is for a friend of mine.
  2. chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I must have just missed ya at Millbury Matt. I was there around 12:00. I saw that they had some of the VTSC figs. Greedo, Luke, Han, and a Sandperson. Some guy grabbed a few of them after I left.

Nothing at TRU they should be getting their exclusive sometime this week. The pre-orders that are on Amazon are scheduled to be delivered on May 9th. Not sure if I will try to get these from the stores or on-line.
  3. DarthWormie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Went to the Milford Target on Saturday morning and the only thing I saw there was Chris ;) That was the extent of my searching BUT, I did get something for my collection this weekend. I was pleasantly surprised to find my early-bird kit in the mail Saturday afternoon :D Not bad considering I mailed the info out only 4 weeks ago. The figures are nice but forget about any articulation. The Luke, other than the VERY retro lightsaber in his arm is a useless figure. Leia cant do much other than hold the Stormie blaster she came with. R2 looks good. I believe he's the VOTC version without all of the gadgets. The Chewie is freaking HUGE!

Overall, not a bad set considering I only paid $9 for it :)
  4. DarthIC2 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Target in Millbury had stocked up on Titanium ships and had three Senate packs. I bought the Venator Titanium but passed on the Senate pack.
  5. chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Today I stopped by Target on Lincoln St and saw something kinda funny. Someone had returned a get Boba Fett on a Boba Fett VOTC card in a case of a VTSC figure. You could clearly see the tape on the side of the clam shell. Plus it had Vintage Original Triology collection written all over it. The only thing Vintage The Saga Collection was the inside sticker. I looked at the Boba Fett for a brief minute and noticed it wasn't even the one from the VOTC Fett it was probably the one from POTF2 or POTJ if there was one in that line. I wish I had a camera phone because that was classic.

That is it for my report for the day. I might hit a store on Friday morning.
  6. DarthIC2 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Does anyone recall the 1983 swing set with the AT-ST head and speeder bike? JediMisfit138 and I are killing ourselves trying ot find pics.
  7. DarthWormie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Sure do. There is a picture of it in the Tomart SW price guide, 1st edition. I've been tearing my house apart for the past week trying to find my copy. If I do come across it, I'll post a pic of it.
  8. DarthIC2 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Sweet man, it is an obsession right now.
  9. DarthWormie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Finally caved in today and coughed up the $14.99 for a VTSC Scout at the Natick Newbury Comics. They had all 5 there but I'm holding out hope that I can score a X-Wing Luke at either WalMart or TRU for $9.99.

For anyone interested they had the new Maul double-bladed FX saber. Didn't see a price on it but the box is freaking HUGE!
  10. DarthIC2 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    The VTSC figures just don't do it for me. I am excited about all the EU stuff planned.
  11. DarthWormie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hit the Hudson WalMart tonight after work and found the first wave of 'Heroes and Villians'. They had the entire wave...minus the Clone and Cmdr Bacarra of course.

They're all straight repacks and don't come with stands. Unless you missed these the first time around save your money.
  12. chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hudson didn't have jack this morning when I was there. Kinda glad because I didn't want to spend any money anyways. lol Marlboro had a couple figs on the pegs. Some of the Senate battle packs. I think that this will end up like the Corscant battle pack and will be on clearance in a month or so. We will see once though.
  13. DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I went to the toy show in S.Attleboro today and scored a vintage R/C R2D2 w/remote for $20 bucks!! [face_dancing]

It is in pretty good shape (clean) and when I got home I put the batteries in it it actually worked.

The head spun around but the wheels only moved on one of his legs so I think I can maybe repair the other ones possibly?

If anyone has any info on this I would be grateful.

I may try to buy a cheap one on line and take it apart to understand it before I do something to this little gem I got today.

Thanks Matt for telling me about the show. :)

14. chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Nice find there Chris. I almost went to this show, but the wife and I decided to go to the Lancaster Flea market which had nothng. I also went to TRU in Auburn no exclusives yet. Target in Millbury didn't have much either. They had the pegs full of the GG exclusive, some Skirmish packs, and the new Titanium figs. I passed on the Titaniums of Bossk and Sandtrooper. The paint scheme on both kinda sucked. I may get the vintage finish when I see them. Then again I may pass on this wave because I wasn't impressed by the figs.

I was able to make one score today a VTSC Luke and a Bikerscout. I was shocked to see the scout on the pegs. But I wasted no time in grabbing him and the Luke and taking it up to the counter. On the way up I checked to make sure that the GL info was in there and it looked like it was. The reason why I looked was because these were not in the heat sealed cases they were in the taped jobs from the VOTC line. Which I think it good for those that want to keep the figs in the case and still be able to get the GL.
  15. mattdamick Jedi Youngling

Hey Chris i am glad you liked it and had a great find. I was going to go but had some stuff come up that i needed to take care of. I will definatly be going in June.
  16. DarthIC2 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Selling stuff on Ebay is working out so far. I scored (I know it is debatable but I am obsessed with the Vintage figs) a green limbs Chewbacca (seen one carded so I am still hopeful its not crap plastic) and for my biggest Vintage score yet, bigger than the carded Impirial Dignitary, for a total price of 46.55, Amanaman with original staff in GREAT condition. Sweeeeeeeeeeet
  17. chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Today I was able to pick up the very 1st wave of Titanium ships. These were originally supposed to be released in late 2004 early 2005 to Wally World exclusively. I had only found these at the Oxford WW when I bought 2 sets plus a Slave 1. This set has the Falcon, Slave 1, X-wing, and Tie fighter. All from the TESB movies I do believe. I had been looking for the damn Slave 1 ever since I sold mine thinking I could easily pick up another one. lol Two yrs later I finally get it. lol

I also stopped by TRU in Auburn they didn't have much in figs but they did have the entire set of Heroes and Villians from EPIII. I passed on these since they were nothing but rehash figs. The packaging looked cool though, but I am not going to buy figs I just got last year for more money than I paid last yr. lol
  18. DarthIC2 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Continuing with my quest for Vintage Obsession 06', I picked up the black Bespin Guard, Crew Bepsin Leia variant and a pop up (original) saber R2D2.

Also, I contacted AFA about that green limbs Chewbacca and this was the reponse:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in AFA. Yes, we grade the green limb
    Chewbacca and label it as a variation. If you have any further
    questions, please do not hesitate to contact AFA.

Thank you,

Christy Jansen
    Action Figure Authority, Inc.
    Phone: 770.825.0420
    Fax: 770.825.0488
    www.toygrader.com
  19. chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Today was a decent day. I scored the exclusive Clone Wars Gunship at TRU in Bellingham. They had a few more left. They didn't have the hunt for GG battle pack out yet maybe that will be out next week. I also got my Lucas family collection and my black R2 unit from swshop.com as well. The Lucas family figs look pretty good. I haven't opened up the Gunship yet but the packaging looks pretty darn good.
  20. DarthIC2 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Blue Snaggletooth is now ...........miiiiine
  21. DarthWormie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Must have just missed you at TRU Jorge. I was going to post the Gunship find as well.

I did hit the Milford Target and they have about 8 of the Senate Skirmish sets along with about 2 cases of the VTSC figures (minus the scout of course).

Ended up picking up the VTSC Greedo at the Bellingham TRU though. Saved myself $2 over Targets prices. TRU also had the first wave of H&V. Every figure was there minus the Bacarra figure. Almost grabbed the Clone for packaging purposes only but decided to snag the Greedo instead.
  22. chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    That is cool I have never seen one of those. I have seen them go for a pretty penny a few times. I may have to be on the look out for one on feebay.
  23. chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I was there roughly around 1:00. I also went to Target and it was a total mess. It kinda reminded me of K-mart. Speaking of K-mart I did see an unopened box for a battle pack. I am assuming it was the Jedi Assualt pack. I couldn't find anyone to open the case. I wasn't about to open it for myself because my luck an employee would walk by and bust me. lol
  24. DarthIC2 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    66.50 after shipping, original owner, tight limbs but a little paint loss. I say it's c-7 but for that figure I'll take it. Yak Face is now the Ace of Spades.
  25. DarthIC2 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    [image=http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8641/p10100766vi.jpg]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.