main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass STAR WARS Collectors' Informational thread of the Imperial Syndicate.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthLucanas, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    this person is selling some good vintage stuff. The holy Blue snaggle tooth is among their sales.

2. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I was able to pick up hammerhead and R5 today. I must say I like the Hammerhead fig alot. It was done pretty well. I have been the most impressed with this wave.

3. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Well, the Han Solo GG Bust I thought I had scored a few weeks back fell through :( The clown selling it kept stringing me along telling me he was 'going to ship it tomorrow' and of course never doing so. I finally had to tell him enough was enough. I cancelled the check and told him to keep his freaking bust. :mad:

God I hate people like that. Amazing how one dipwad can suck all the fun out of collecting.

4. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    That sux Mike. I know you were pretty excited about that one. Keep on eye on bigbadtoystore.com. They have 25% and up sales from time to time. That is how I got my Solo mini-bust for $33 and my Bounty Hunters for $24 shipping was $7 for the both of them. They are pretty good for sales and I used to clean up when they did their vintage clearances. I picked up a lot of older stuff not '70s '80s but EP1 and POTF2. I did score some good loose vintage lots no weapons though but the figs were in great shape.

5. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Today I picked up a DV voice changer with sabre for $5 at Wally World in Hudson. They still had some left. I am sure the one in Westboro should have some as well. I also picked up the clear cup Dem Hazon variant and 2 sandtroopers. I just love where they are putting the Tat wave. A lil spot out of sight of other people is brillant. lol

Entertainmentearth.com has announced their SW Comic Con exclusive a Code 3 poster for the SW poster that was used at Comic Con 30 yrs ago. It looks a lil rough right now but their stuff is really good and I am sure this will be another example.

Here is a link to the exclusive it is available for pick up at Comic Con and non-attendees to be shipped in Sept. The link is for attendees there is a separate link for non-attendees.
    http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CD17037CC

I will be ordering it for Sept delivery just because I don't want to load the dewbacks of any trooper going to comic con. They are already loaded enough. lol

6. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I saw that Code 3 poster yesterday as well. I've always liked that poster and so far the sculpt looks good, Luke with dark brown hair aside. Almost ordered it but the $35 +SH scared me off a bit. It's one of the smaller posters that usually go for $20-25.

So Jorge, where in the Hudson WM are they placing the new wave? I was up there on Wednesday and didn't see any of that wave. All I saw was the pegs full of the H&V and a few Geonosis figures.

7. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I can't give out the info someone might find my secret. lol What you want to do is go down the aisle with the SW figs turn to your left and you will see on an end cap a display bin that is supposed to be for Titaniums. They are putting them in there. I found 2 sandtroopers this morning the clear glass variant for the Hammerhead plus an R5 and some other figs for the wave. That is where I am finding the sandtroopers and hammerheads.

I will probably still order the poster to be delivered from EE. I am not sure if Code 3 will have them for sale or not. I wish they did because I get collector dollars from there. What I can do Mike if you want order 2 and something for me and split the shipping up. Cheaper that way. EE is pretty good with their shipping not as good as bbts.com but close.

8. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I haven't checked in here since my last post, but I did discover that 'secret' 'spot you were talking about Jorge. I think it's quite odd that they moved the titaniums over onto the figure pegs but are now putting the figures on the titanium display. I stopped by there Monday after work and finally decided to pick up the 'Floppy Hat' Luke. I like collecting Luke stuff so this figure was the 'must have' of the wave for me. I did notice on some other site that there is going to be an 'Endor Poncho' Luke coming out in one of the upcoming waves. It looks like the 'Throne Room' Luke from a couple of years ago with a poncho and helmet though. Regardless, I'm sure I'll still pick it up :D

I also took your advice and checked out BBTS and ended up pre-ordering the Gentle Giant 501 Clone bust. After the Black Hole Trooper fiasco from a couple of weeks ago, I've pretty much given up hope of scoring one of the SDCC Exclusive Shocktroopers from GG 'Collectors Club' at retail. So instead I decided to snatch one of these guys up. I was amazzed that I was able to get him for only $5 over retail. The other sites that have had him available were selling him for around $25-30 over retail.

Seeing that I have this locked up AND still want to order a GG Chewie AND Maul bust, I'm probably going to pass on the new Code 3 mini poster. Thanks for the offer though.

UPDATE: Jorge, the new prototype for the Code 3 Poster is up. Looks MUCH better. You can check it out here:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/spideymike/20060621_4_bg.jpg

9. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    That WW doesn't get hit very often and I was surprised to see the figs in that spot myself. I would have missed it had I not looked around. Granted I was checking out clearance at the time and picked up the deluxe DV voice changer with sabre for $5. I hope they continue to put new waves in that spot. lol

Thanks for the link to the new prototype I don't know about this one. Leia looks like she is either stoned out of her mind or about to cry. Luke looks like he has the mouth of a blow-up doll. I will probably still get this since I have all the rest of them. And since I am going away from the figs I will have more money to spend on cool stuff.

Glad to hear you were about to pick up some stuff at bbts. I have had some great success with them. Prices are good and shipping is even better. They used to have $4.95 flat rate shipping no matter how much you had. That was great.

10. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I think they're still doing the flat fee, but there is different categories. I know I'm paying $8.95 for the bust. That's a bit high, but like I said, the cheapest I could find that bust elsewhere was for around $25 more so I'll live with the high shipping charge.

11. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I think the 8.95 is due to the weight of the bust. I had the solo bust and the bounty hunter set ship for that price. Which wasn't too bad I thought. With them it pays to buy more than one item.

12. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Got my vintage Nikto and Prune Face figures in the mail Saturday. Nikto does have some color wear on his chest, but other than that, no complaints. tight limbs, all accessories. I'm very happy :D I'll probably have to take a month off before continuing to fill in the holes. Son's B-day is in a couple of weeks and we're also planning on heading to the Cape for a week so I need to save up some coin.

13. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Well I finally picked up the Hunt for Grievous pack..well Jessica found it for me.

I have been really working on my vintage collecting.

Been working on keeping a log of all my SW stuff in a written notebook.

Mike if you are really looking for some vintage figures let me know I have some doubles of alot that I have.

Of course mostly of SW, ESB, and ROTJ figures not too many POTF1 stuff.

14. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    cool find on the Hunt for Grievous. I have yet to find that one. The two that I have been (Auburn and Bellingham) to didn't have it yet. Hopefully this weekend I can make it up to Framingham or Leominister to pick it up.

15. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    For anyone interested. The local Targets are clearancing out the VTSC, Demise og GG, and Skirmish sets. Looks like for now everything is 15% off. Found a VTSC varient Scout today for around $10.18.

The other day I headed up to the Wally in Hudson to see if they had anymore of the Vader helmet,saber,box sets on clearance. Missed out :(

16. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    The last time I was at Westboro Wally World they had some of the DV sets way up top not sure if they clearanced them out yet or not. I only made one run this week and that was this morning to Hudson. Work, doctor visits, and ultra sounds took up most of my week.

17. JEDIKNIGHTJOE_D

JEDIKNIGHTJOE_D Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2006
    Not sure if anyone still needs this, but yesterday (7/5/06)the Toys R Us in Bellingham had a couple of the Clone Wars Gunships still available.

18. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Aaron, found a couple of vintage figures I bet you don't have yet ;)

http://beruningforyou.ytmnd.com/

19. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Mike that is so bad [face_laugh]

20. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Saw the Endor wave last weekend and the first part of this week at Wally World's in Bellingham, Westboro, and Hudson. Also saw the new Transformers Titanium Die Casts. These are pretty cool I picked them up for my brother since he is a TF fan.

21. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Haven't seen the Endor wave yet but since I don't plan on getting any of them it's no big deal. I did score a VTSC Han and Tusken Saturday afternoon at the Milford Target for $2.98 each :)

22. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    the Comic con exclusive 501st stormtrooper is available once again at hasbrotoyshop.com.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&ID=17903&PG=1

23. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Gone again :( Too bad as I was going to pick one up as a birthday present to myself. Oh well, the extra $20 in my pocket will do me good!

24. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    If I see it on-line soon I will order ya one Mike.

Speaking of orders it looks like my order for the Hunt for GG battle pack from TRU.com was processed and I should receive it soon. I no longer have to travel to all the damn TRUs in the area and waste gas. lol

Last week I received my shadow stormtroopers. Unfortunately all of the were damaged some worse than others. Needless to say I am returning them all and going to see what happens with the next batch.

25. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I received my Hunt for GG battle pack today and once again I have been foiled by the carrier. This time it was UPS. The one side of the box was heavily damaged. The driver actually took it upon himself to make sure the good side was facing out to be seen according to my wife. I was extremely pissed off. I opened it up hoping beyond hope that the pack would be alright nope one side has damage from the damage box and the front has a crease in it. I spoke to a TRU on-line rep and she said I could return it to them or two a store and then gave me a number to call to see if any were available in MA or not. Unfortunately none were available in MA and in OH for that matter. So I am out of luck for now. I could ship it back but all I would get is store credit since she couldn't promise I would get one in return. This makes two packages in a row that were f'ed up. I have purchased so many things on-line and this has never happened before. Total frustration is setting in real fast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.