main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass STAR WARS Collectors' Informational thread of the Imperial Syndicate.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthLucanas, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Today I saw the new Target exclusive Unleashed Boba Fett and GG. Both are re-released figs but they are in the same tubular packaging that the Best Buy DV came in last year. they are very cool in design. The cost is $19.99 however but I think it is worth for display purposes. No more of this flat on the card crap any more. They remind me of the POTF/POTJ 360 figs.

2. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    For those who haven't seen the story on the TF.N homepage yet, Hasbro has 'relaxed' the rules on the Galactic Hunt Stormtrooper Lucas figure. Instead of a POP from each of the 5 VTSC, now you can send them AND 5 VTSC POPs. So if you want, you can head to your local Target, pickup 5 clearance Han or Greedo's and get you Lucas Stormie for a cool $15 +S/H. Not too shabby!

3. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Well, after getting the shaft a couple of months ago trying to buy a GG Han bust from someone over at rebelscum, I hit paydirt. Scored a GG Vader bust (new ROTS version) for only $25 shipped! :D It finally came yesterday and it's so cool in person. A very nice bust.

I also got an email from BBTS saying that my GG 501st bust is in stock and ready to ship. I just need to confirm my payment info. Since my car cr*pped the bed a couple of weeks ago though, I'm now having some second thoughts about going through with the purchase. I have another week to decide though, so I guess I'll have to give it some thought.

4. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Tough decision hope you will be able to get it.

5. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    For anyone interested, the SDCC exclusive 501st figure is back up on HasbroToyShop.com. As of 1:00 this afternoon they still had them in stock.

6. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Yesterday I picked up the DVD fig packs from WW. Not too bad. They are all repackaged figs but the box looked cool so I figured what the heck. Plus I have all the other packs that have been released so I might as well get these. lol

I also picked up the SW Lego II game. It is pretty damn fun. It is definitely better than the first one.

7. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Which WW did you hit Jorge? I stopped by the Hudson one last night after work and they had none. Just the movies w/comic books and the Lego game.

8. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I hit the one in Oxford/Auburn. Someone reported on st.com that Bellingham had these last night.

9. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Mike I did see these at the Bellingham Wal-Mart if you want I can pick them up if you need.

Call my cell and let me know.

10. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Thanks but I'm cool with these Chris. I just wanted to check them out in person. I'm in the process of dumping alot of my stuff over on st.com so the last thing I need to be dooing is bring more stuff in ;)

11. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Well, after a bit of unhealthy waffling, I bit the bullet and bought the GG 501st Bust I had on pre-order. It came last Friday and it's super cool with all sorts of extra hands, arms & guns to mix and match. Wormie Jr. sneaks down into my office, points up to it and declares "Dere's daddy's blue Stormtrooper!" :)

12. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I haven't seen it yet but I am thinking I am going to look into one of those :)

On Sunday I went down to the Grafton Flea Market and picked up some vintage item.

Action figures: Chewbacca, Yoda ( no cape or accessories ) , Walrusman ( a little beat up ), Snaggletooth (red), 4-LOM, and Prune Face ( no cloak )

I got each one for .50 cents each!!!

Also I picked up the ESB Darth Vader Burger King glass for 3 bucks.
    The variant glass from Ohio with the thin decal image and button bottom like on the SW and Jedi glasses. :D

And last I found the Star Wars soundtrack double album for 3 bucks.
    A few slight scratches but nothing that will interfere with the sound quality.

So I am pretty much sticking to my vintage collecting.

I did see an awesome Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom metal lunchbox with thermos.
    It was in great shape but at 50 dollars a little too rich for my blood.

13. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    All of my BK glasses are from OH I didn't know that there was a difference. I guess I will have to hunt down the ones that were in the rest of the 50 states now. lol

14. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Nice finds Chris. God, I haven't been to the Grafton Flea in 4 or 5 years. I too have that double album soundtrack. I had it when I was a kid and when my folks moved out of my childhood home, my dad threw away all of the albums we had INCLUDING all of my mom's original Elvis and Beatles records :eek: :oops: :_|

Back when the Mrs and I were living on the North Shore we used to go to this AWSOME used record store in Salem called 'The Record Exchange'. Anyway, one Saturday afternoon we were there and I found a copy of the double soundtrack. Got it for I believe $4. Pretty good condition too.

15. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    For anyone interested, TF.N has posted some hi-res images of the first wave of the new '30th Anniversary' wave. Some nice looking figures. Since I'm no longer collecting the 3-3/4" line, the only one that interests me is the rerelease of the McQuarrie Stormie. Looks like they changed the figure's deco quite a bit. I actually like it better than the first one.

16. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    today I saw a Rebel Soldier from the Naboo/Endor II wave. Not a bad fig. I had some time to kill before I had blood drawn and I figured I might as well stop by the WW in Oxford quick. I may stop by the WW in Westboro and Hudson tomorrow am to see if they have any yet.

17. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    it looks like hasbrotoyshop.com has the 501st figs back on their site. not sure if these are still the comic con ones but I wanted to let people know.

18. DarthIC2

DarthIC2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 23, 2006
    Only Star Wars pick up for me was the 1/24 scale RotS Talladega Win car from Jeff Gordon with Yoda on the hood.

[image=http://spln.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p2044828reg.jpg]

19. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Where did you find the car? My son is WAY into NASCAR right now thanks to the 'Cars' movie. He pretty much watched the entire Banquet 400 this weekend from start to finish :) He has a #17 Matt Kenseth car that he was pushing aound the living room floor while the race was going on, so I figured that I'd pick him up another one this week.

20. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    I got it off of Ebay. I'm a big racing fan myslef. Been up to NH 3 times this year for NEXTEL CUP racing/qualifying.

We're gunna have to fix that one! Jeff Gordon is the man!!!

21. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Ah, I thought you may have lucked out and found it on a shelf. If he's still into the NASCAR thing I may think about taking him up to Louden next summer. I know he'd get a kick out of it. Too bad the old Westboro Speedway isn't still in operation.

The Kenseth car was a Christmas gift from his Grammie last year. Not sure who he's a fan of yet although he did like pointing out Dale Jr's #8 car when it would come on screen. I think that might have to do with it looking a bit like 'Lightning McQueen' from 'Cars' though. [face_laugh]

22. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    I took Nicole and Madison up to qualifying for the Sylvania 300 last month. Madison was going crazy for it!

Thompson Speedway in CT is a great track to go to and its not far at all. I went there twice this summer for some fun racing.

23. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Found 2 more 'Cars' cars Saturday morning at the Bellingham TRU. Took my son on the way to our weekly grocery shopping trip and we lucked out:D He's down to needing just one more [face_praying] When we were there I saw a couple of the Sarlac Pit Battle Packs. The boxes were in pretty rough shape though.

Chris, if you're still interested in a 501 Bust, someone over on st.com is selling one for $65 shipped.

Has anyone who sent away for the Lucas Stormtrooper figure received it yet? I sent my order form w/pop's and check off about 6 weeks ago and have nothing yet. :confused:

24. JEDIKNIGHTJOE_D

JEDIKNIGHTJOE_D Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2006
    I received my Lucas Stormtrooper a couple weeks ago. If I remember correctly it took 7 or 8 weeks for it to come in. Hopefully your's will come in better shape. The shell case was crushed, bending the card!

25. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    In case you guys haven't already heard, Tower Records is going out of business. I stopped in to the one in Burlington the other day and they are selling stuff at between 10-20% off. Not much of a savings but the selection was still good, including figures and books. I picked up Superman I and II (I was holding out for the box set but I can't find it anymore). That percentage will drop but so will the quality of inventory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.