main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass STAR WARS Collectors' Informational thread of the Imperial Syndicate.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthLucanas, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Thanks for the offer Chris. But don't worry about it. I was trying to get one for a friend of mine so he could return the one he paid big money for. I also needed one but I am just going to buy a set for the wave from bigbadtoystore.com. That would be easier messa thinks. lol

2. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Has anyone seen the Clone Wars DVD 3packs any lately? I have a bud down in LA (Louisana) that is looking for them. I saw them last weekend at Hudson but now they are gone. Everything is gone around MA I am in OH now for Xmas and I went to a store that had a ton of Clone Pilots, Palpatine with the red saber, and some Super Battle Droids.

I guess places are gearing up for the new Saga stuff coming out. I am going to do pre-orders for these puppies forget driving all over the darn place for them. lol

3. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Yeah, I found them both about two weeks ago at the WalMart out in Hudson. Haven't really been looking for them since though. If I do come across them I'll let you know.

4. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Thanks for the update Mike. I think they are all gone from the stores around us. I went to a few Wally World's out here and was able to find a set today. I do believe the stores are waiting for the new figs to come out so they can stock the shelves. Which is what I hope will happen soon. People in other locations are finding the new saga collection.

5. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Word out on the streets is that the new Saga figures are hitting Wally Worlds in Oxford and Westboro. I am going to go to Hudson this am and see if they have any there. I was able to pick up a Bib Fortuna on Monday before getting on the plane to come home.

Also entertainmentearth.com is having a clearance sale if any one is interested. I picked up the purchase of the droids, Jabbas dancers, landspeeder, and the cantina band members Max Reebo, and some other guy. Plus I put in a pre-order for Wave 2 and 3 of the new Saga figures. I really don't feel like driving all over creation for figs this time around. lol

6. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Checked out Hudson last night. They had ZERO figures on the pegs. They did have the Grevious Transformer, Luke on Chopper bike thing and the new mini Unleashed battle backs. It was the first time I had seen those Unleased packs close up and man, they really stink. Just a bad idea & bad execution all around.

7. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Hudson didn't change much from your findings on Tuesday Mike. I went on to Westboro to both Target and Wally world. I got the newest big die casts from Wally World. Target had the newest galatic heroes Luke with Han in Hoth, Luke with a a speeder bike, and a Biker Scout with a speeder bike. Nothing at Target and TRU in Framingham. Wally world had one new Saga fig left which was Bib Fortuna.

I will agree the newest Unleashed aren't that good. I think the Wizards of the West Coast have better minatures than these are.

8. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I went to Wally World in Hudson this am and they had Leia and Chewy from the new Saga collection. I passed on them though. The card on chewy was creased pretty bad in the back and he was hangin' out of his inner bubble. Leia looked good but her card had a dent in the front.

For my b-day my wife got me the Fossil exclusive EIII DV watch. It is limited to 2,000 I think or something like that. It comes in a pretty cool protective case. When I told my wife I couldn't wear it she was like you can't wear it to work I was like no hon I can't wear it because it is a limited edition and I don't want to ruin it or lose it. lol She saw it and figured I would like it. It is pretty neat and I do like it. Even though it wasn't on my list for Star Wars items though. I was hoping for a few other things inside so this was a surprise to say the least. lol

9. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Seen the new saga figures....not really that interested myself.

I already own some of these figures from previous year's production lines.

I am sticking with the ROTS line until it ends and I think that will be it for me with the toy line.

10. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Jorge,
    What time did you hit the Hudson Wally on Friday? I was there around 5:30 on Friday and they had about 4 of every figure from that wave. I would have posted sooner but I took a weekend sabatacle from all things computers. After checking them all out, I ended up getting only a Boussh Leai with a Luke holo figure.

The way it looks now, I'll probably only get one or two figures from each of the upcoming waves. I'll be completely avoiding the rereleased and just be picking my favorites here and there. I'm sooo thankful that I kicked the completist addiction years ago.

11. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I was in Hudson in the morning before work. I stopped by this am and saw they had all the figs except for Boba Fett. I also saw that our friendly neighbor slasher has made an appearance. He replaced the Chewy with a POTJ chewy with chain and replaced a Leia with the one from the POTF. I placed them together on the highest peg to make sure others don't get suckered. A word of caution to anyone that does collect these figs check the backs to make sure they are factory sealed and not sealed with packing tape. I figured Hasbro would have learned by now that this packaging doesn't work. But then again once it leaves their factory they don't care if the stores get hosed. lol

12. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Next time you find some more of this scumbags "work" just take it right up to the customer service desk. That's what myself, along with some of the other local collectors have been doing. Make sure you tell them what is wrong with the figures and that it is continually happening in their store.

13. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I have told them a number of times and they just keep on letting it slide. I have even spoke to a Hasbro rep who was at the Hudson store one day about this and she said she has had numerous talks with the stores about this. I used to get frustrated by it, but now I just laugh it off like it is nothing. If they don't care about getting hosed I don't care if the store gets hosed. lol The only store I have seen something done was the Target in Millbury. I found a blue royal guard from the POTJ line in an ROTS package and the guy was that isn't supposed to be there and took it to the bad. They actually know what figs are good and what ones are bad there they mark the bad ones with a green sticker from what I saw.

14. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Believe me, I could care less if the store gets hosed or not, my concern is some kid picking out the figure for his parents to buy him because he thinks it's a "new" figure only to get hosed by this disgusting piece of bug excrement.

I know guy from another board who also confronted a Hasbro rep about this same situation about a year ago. The rep claimed it was the first he's heard of that happening anywhere and that he'd inform his bosses along with all of the retail stores in his area of what was going on.

15. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    The rep I spoke to said she and her higher ups were well informed of the situation and that they have spoke with stores about what they had to do to solve this problem. Which if that is the case then the managers need to step up and get things taken care of. Wally Worlds have been very bad in some areas like Westboro and Hudson. Target was bad on Lincoln and Marlboro with the ROTS line.

I feel bad for the kids that get hosed. Like you Mike I can give to shakes about what happens to the store.

16. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I have found similar problems with the store employees. [face_plain]

I am sad to see the ROTS line is all but gone.

I still need some figures but looks like I will have to go to eBay for them.

Not that interested in the new line coming out.

Looks like I will slow down my collecting now.

I will probably get the Lucas Family Collector Set of figures at SWshop.com

17. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Let me know which figs you are looking for Chris. I think I have a couple for you already. Check out your local Stop n Shop for figs if you are missing early ones. I saw a bunch yesterday and almost picked them up because I thought they were 50% off but they had them in a few areas so I doubt it.

Also Mike let me know which ones you were looking for. I know I have one or two for you as well.

Yesterday I picked up a Spud Trooper on clearance for 3.50. I was like why in the world is that on clearance. lol I also picked up a couple Target cases on clearance as well. I want to pick up more when they go lower.

18. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Stopped off at the Milford Target on the way home last night. While the pegs were as baren as they can get, I did notice something interesting. As I was staring at the empty pegs I noticed that Target has upped the price of the basic figures to $6.99:eek:. What they heck are they thinking? Looks like any of the new SAGA figures I pick up will be from WalMart for the $5.88 they charge.

19. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I am not liking the price of figs at Target. They have gone back to their old prices with the ROTS figs came out. I don't really see why they have to be as high as KB or TRU. If I really want a fig I will go there only if they are the only ones to have it that is until they lower their prices down to $5 like they did after a few months for the ROTS. If I go to Target before that it will be for the Titanium DIE Cast ships I like those things. I need to find the White TIE Fighter from that line and I will have the first wave completed.

20. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Don't limit yourself to Target for those Titaniums though. WalMart and TRU will also be carrying them.

Good luck on finding the white TIE at retail. I've heard they're packed at 1 per case.

21. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I have not been happy with the Milford Target selectiion in a long time. :(

I will keep an eye out on these if I come across the Tie I will pick it up for you.

22. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Target is getting a lil nuts with their prices. The only thing I really like about them is their clearance. lol I have picked up some good stuff during their sales. I need to head there soon to get the ROTS chess set that is on clearance. I will have to pick up Risk at Wally World next week. Then I just need to find a Strego at TRU I passed on it thinking it would be around for a while and then I haven't seen them. lol

Thanks for looking for the TIE for me I appreciate it. If I can't find one I will just order the wave off of Entertainmentearth.com. lol

23. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Have you checked the Hudson Wally for the board games? When I was there earlier this week I distinctly remember seeing a few different ones all batched together. Also continue to check out the clearance aisles in the area Targets. I saw a bunch of board games (no SW though) at the Milford one last night.

I stopped off there with my son on the way to do some grocery shopping and picked up a 5-pack of the SW figure cases for around $2.68 and also bought him a 3-pack of Thomas trains for $3.24.

24. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I picked up some more cases this morning for 2.48 and then to my surprise they had the Hoth wave of figs available. I was pretty impressed with this wave. Very good sculpts and some figs I haven't seen before. This was at Target on Lincoln St in Worcester. Target in Westboro didn't have anything. I was looking for a talking Yoda because they had one at Lincoln for 6 but the packaging was horrible.

25. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I went to Wally World in Westboro yesterday and picked up the SW foosball table that was their exclusive for $21. It was supposed to be $35 but when I got to the register it rang up for $21 and said it was a soccer table. I was like alright even better. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.