Mass STAR WARS Collectors' Informational thread of the Imperial Syndicate.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthLucanas, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks George.

I like this new wave of figures but I don't know if I will buy all of them.

I do know I want the clones and maybe Jango Fett. :)

The 5.99 to 6.99 price I have seen is a little high for me though.

Don't know if I will stock up on too many clones this time.

2. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    Today at lunch I went to Target in Marlboro and found the Geonosis wave. I will say that this has to be one of the better waves in a while. Scorch is a very cool clone. The Orange Utapaun Clone is pretty cool looking. Jango Fett looked good. Sora Bulq, Sun Fac, and Poggle were pretty cool as well. I think the 2 versions of C-3PO were kinda lame. But I bought them any way. lol

If you are a clone person Scorch and the Utapaun Clone are a definite buy. The rest of the figures were cool, but I do believe that some are rehashes. I haven't done too much research into which are rehashes and which ones weren't.
  3. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice find Jorge. I hit the Milford Target last night and found a few remnants from this wave. They had a Poggle and 2 Yodas. I passed on them since the only 2 figures I'm looking for from this wave are the 2 clones.

They also had all of the new Galactic Heroes and the new wave of Transformers.
  4. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    I have my wife on alert for the clones. I want to get another set possibly two of each one. lol She is taking out the neice for her b-day on Sat and I guess they are going shopping or getting earrings or something. Who knows. If she can't find any I will just wait another week or so and they should be appearing again. All the army builders will be out in full force to pick up these guys. I know that there are a bunch of those guys out there. I am not sure what is worse a scalper or army builder. Scalper buys to sell even though they jack up the prices and an army builder only looks out for himself and grabs as many as he can. They are both kinda selfish but at the same time at least one is allowing others to get the stuff even if it is for a higher price. lol

5. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Stopped off at the Bellingham WalMart on the way home tonight. They had the entire HOTH wave of the Saga figures for anyone who still wants/needs them. They also have about 8 of the Early-Bird packages on the clearance shelf for $19.00. I finally picked one up figuring that $19.00 for 4 figures isn't too bad. Plus, they have extended the date for sending in your order. Your order now needs to be post marked by March 31.
  6. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    Today I stopped by Wally World in Westboro and picked up the exclusive 5 pack of Titanium Die casts with the Raw material Millennium Falcon. This 5 pack comes with TIE Fighter, Landspeeder, X-wing, Y-wing, and the Raw Material Exclusive Millennium Falcon. I definitely like these sets they make for some good displays. The only bad thing about these sets is that the 4 of the 5 are rehashes the only non-rehash is the exclusive raw material one.
  7. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Looks like the Geonosis wave has finally hit the local TRU's. I stopped off in Framingham today at lunch and found the remnants (Yoda, C3PO, Poggle & Sun) along with most of the Hoth & Tatooine wave.

Also, if there is anyone looking for some of the later ROTS figures, TRU has a boatload of those 2-packs filled with some of the later figures including about 10-12 of the 501 Trooper. They're only $8.97 a piece which isn't too bad at all if you missed out on the 501st the first time around.

I also found these same Geonosis figures at the Newbury Comics across the street. Only Newby's is charging $9.99 per fig. Ouch!
  8. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool finds Mike. While I was out after my doctor's appt I found that Wally World in Hudson had the Geo wave minus Scroch and Clone Trooper. Target in Marlboro had the newest Titanium Series ships. I was able to pick them up they even had the Boba Fett Slave 1 silver edition that is part of the Galactic Hunt for 2006.
  9. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    The Wally in Hudson actually had figures on the pegs? I've been going there twice a week for the past month and they didn't have bupkis. Arrgh. This hobby thing can be so frustrating :p
  10. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    Yesterday was the first time I was there all week. I was there around 3:00 I think. Sometimes they are hit or miss there. Then again every where is hit or miss until Hasbro decides to let the cases go. lol
  11. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    Yesterday I received my Code 3 Millennium Falcon. All I can say is it is pretty awesome. I definitely like it. It comes with a stand and show plate, plus a box that holds the removal parts.
  12. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    Jorge and Mike, I picked up a Star Tours figure for each of you.

I picked up a few t-shirts for me and a hat at Tatooine Traders.

I even got the Mickey Jedi beanie and a few of the collector packs they had.

Haven't seen any other figures here that aren't available there.

I did see a DV tie advanced Titanium but I think that is common back home.

Which others should I look for?

13. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the figure Chris. That is cool

I think I am all set for the titaniums and figures I have found everything out so far. What I haven't found I am sure will pop up soon. I plan on going fig hunting this weekend the wife will be in NH again so I will be home alone. lol

14. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank for picking me up a figure bud. I really appreciate it.

Sounds like you got some good stuff while you were down there. I remember hitting that gift shop back when my wife and I were down there for our honeymoon. The shop was called the "Endor Vendor" back then and about 90 percent of the stuff they had was stuff you could find anywhere. Very little stuff unique to DW. I ended up getting a couple of movie posters and a Yoda bean buddy. Kelly ended up secretly getting me a Vader baseball cap and a SW:ANH watch.
  15. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    I picked up a Titanium Anakin's Jedi Starfighter (green) and some Attacktix Booster packs.

I still can't find any new figures that I haven't seen back home.

16. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    I also got a few packages of the collectible mini character Collector packs.

3 pieces per pack. I have 4 unopened packs if anyone is interested?

I have some doubles of the ones I got.

I have an extra Jabba for you Aaron.

I think jedidisney can get exclusive Star tours souvenirs through a disney connection she has so if anyone needs anything we can get more stuff or pass on the information when I talk to her again about it. :)
  17. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    I would be interested in the collector packs. Let me take a look at them the next time we meet up.
  18. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    Today I stopped by Target in Millbury and was able to pick up Titanium figures for Boba Fett and DV. They had one set of the silver/pewter and 3 of the painted. The silver is a limited edition one and I think they only come 1 set per case. I will have to research that. I picked up the silver set. They are pretty cool. I will have to take pictures of them and post them somewhere.
  19. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    Today I stopped by Wally World in Westboro and found the Coruscant wave of figures. The wave includes Cmdr Cody, Clone Trooper, Anakin, Obi, Foul Monthma (sp), Firespeeder pilot, General Grievous, and some Trade Federation guy. Not too bad considering that I missed this wave at every Target I visited the last few days. I plan on hitting the Wally World in Hudson tomorrow before work. Hopefully that will be a hit as well.
  20. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    I have seen the new Titanium Vader and Fett at the Milford Target.

Don't remember the price though?

I am dying for a Commander Cody and some new clones.

If you guys see any I will gladly take them off your hands if you can get any extra.

I am still building my clone army :D
  21. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Found out from a fellow local collector over on the rebelscum.com boards that an employee at the Milford Target was hording the Scortch and Clone figs from the Geonosis wave. Another employee found SEVEN of each of them hidden out back and brought them out onto the pegs. That was Monday morning. I stopped in there around 4:00 the same day and ofcourse every clone was long gone.

I'm getting extremely disenchanted with trying to hunt these things down. The fun is quickly eroding out of this aspect of SW collecting for me.
  22. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    One of the guys on sandtroopers.com reported about the employee at the Milford one. The guy knows people at every store in the area. He was also there when they put the figures out.

I will see what I can do for you guys. Like I said I am going to hit a WW this morning and see what I come up with. Plus I will hit a few stores this weekend.
  23. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Saw a few of the Coruscant wave today at the WalMart in Framingham. They only had Obi, Ani and the Fire Pilot though.
  24. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool finds there Mike. Even though they were limited it is a start. Things should start to pick up I hope.

today I was able to pick up a Slave 1 Ultra Titanium Die cast ship at Wally World in Westboro. That is the newest one out along with a Snowspeeder. I like this line and will probably continue to buy it. I may start to slow down on the basic figures and stick with these and Code 3 items. Then again I will probably continue to buy the figures. lol
  25. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Surprisingly found quite a few things today as I made the rounds. The TRU in Bellingham had both the Titanium Vader and Fett in the 'vintage' finish. Over at the WalMart across the street I picked up an Early Bird package for only $9.00.

The biggest and best finds were at the Milford Target. Wasn't expecting to find anything, but they had a TON of new figures on the pegs. The Utapau Trooper, Firespeeder Pilot, Anakin, Holo Ki-Adi, Foul (a VERY cool figure), Grevious and the best? UGH Boba Fett and Snowtrooper. Was a very happy collector today :) Only bummer at Target was they've re-raised their figure prices to $6.64.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.