main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass STAR WARS Collectors' Informational thread of the Imperial Syndicate.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthLucanas, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    That is some great finds Mike. I had a feeling that Milford and Bellingham would be getting things today. I didn't go there I instead went to Millbury this afternoon. I Should have followed my intincts. lol I will see if any one left anythin tomorrow morning before I go to my buds so we can go to the SW exhibit.

2. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Guys let me know what you are looking for and I will keep an eye out.

Mike let me know what vintage stuff you were looking for again.
    We were talking about the BK vintage glasses.

DarthIC2 I have the Target Utapau clone and let me know what else you may need.

chewiekingwookie I still have your STAR TOURS figure and the mini figure packs.

I am still going to pursue more with my vintage stuff and my clone trooper collecting.

If anyone sees any of the new clones and can get them I will take them off your hands I have yet to find one anywhere. :(

3. DarthIC2

DarthIC2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 23, 2006
    I am doing a custom clone for you right now Chris, will be ready for the meet. Similar to a better version of Gree. That's why I didn't give you my last clone;) Loose figures are not really my thing. I have a vintage cloud car if you want to trade something for it for your vintage collection.

I am interested in Bly, Separation of the Twins, Burned Anakin, Darth Vader (Anakin mold), holo sidious and any exclusive figure I missed.I really don't know what other figures came out, did they make one of those snow trooper clones that murdered Ki Adi Mundi?

I have the CIII Vader (thanks Chris), holo Yoda, Lava Darth Vader and I missed everything else.

4. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Right now I am all set I think. I am kinda looking for the Galactic Hunt figs. But they aren't a hot ticket. The wife told me to curb my spending so I may be limited to a couple things to collect. More on why I have to curb the spending later. lol

I do have one or two extra Clone troopers the orange ones. Plus I have an extra Firespeeder pilot as well.

Thanks for the SW disney Chris. I am sorry I couldn't stay around long enough on Sunday. We had to get the 5 yr old out of there for some food and nap.

5. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    Here is a pic of the clone I am doing for Chris, early stages (sideways):[image=http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/1350/p10101390dx.jpg]

6. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Aaron,
    I was just poking around the tru/amazon site and discovered that they still have holo emperor's available at retail price. You can check it out here:

7. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    Thanks for the link! It's a done deal now!

[Queen] Another one bites the dust [/Queen]

8. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
  9. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    This set looks to be a good one. I look forward to it. As well as the Mace battle set that is also a Target exclusive. Not sure if I am looking forward to the Demise of G.G. because of the fact that it will be a Target exclusive and will cost 12+. I may actually wait for him to go on clearance before I get him. I should have waited on the Obi and Anakin exclusives I could have picked them up for a couple dollars.

10. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I saw the photos for the Senate Skirmish a couple of months ago. This is going to be another HTF set. 2 Shocktroopers AND a senate pod? It's going to be flying off the shelves.

As for the Target exclusives, my advice is if you see it and want it, buy it. Don't wait for it to hit clearance because it may never happen. Those Lava Ani & Obi figures have been the only Target exclusive figures I've ever seen hit the clearance rack. Worst case, buy it when you see it and save the receipt. If you come across it on clearance later, you can always return the one you bought first.

11. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I will probably end up getting the G.G. fig when it first comes out, but I won't go asking employees for him. I think he might be a big seller at first, and then start to fade away after a month or so when the pegs are full of him. If this was a clone exclusive I would have to fully agree that you buy when you first see him because he won't be there for long. But with that said the wife of one of my co-workers picked up 2 or 3 Shadow Troopers on clearance in Milford. I was able to score a couple Shadow troopers thanks to the wife, I wish I had her look when the first clone trooper came out because I never saw that one in the stores I got it from ebay instead. It will only be a matter of time before we see what happens with all these exclusives. I also think that the Senate one will be a hot ticket for about a month and then end up like the Battle of Coruscant where they put a bunch on clearance for $5 I think that is what I paid for mine.

12. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Dang! You found the Shadow Trooper on clearance in Milford? I only saw him once there and it was at retail price :(

Hit a BIG payload of figures today at both the Framingham Target and Framingham TRU. No Scorches or UGH figures but I did finally nab a Cmndr. Cody figure. :)

13. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    A wife of one of my friends found the Shadow Trooper on clearance. It turned out that I was at Target earlier that day and she was there later that day and found one.

I guess we just missed each other Mike in Framingham. I was there around 10am and saw that Target and TRU were plum full of figs. I did find the a Scorch and GG UGH at Target. I also picked up a Snowspeeder Ultra Titanium ship from TRU. Wally World had nothing so you didn't miss much by not going there.

14. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    I'm keeping my eye out for Scorch. He's #1 on my store to get list.

15. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I am going on my southern route this morning and will keep a look out for a Scorch for ya Aaron. The only Scorch I saw yesterday was the UGH one.

16. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    Thanks dude, Ebay is out of control with it right now.

17. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I will hit Target today and see if there is anything.

I think they use to put refill on Saturdays and Sundays in the past.

18. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I hit Target in Milford yesterday and they didn't have anything. Hopefully they will refill the pegs soon. I didn't hit K-mart or Wally World because my wife can't stand either one.

19. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    Wal-Mart used to be one of my favorite stores but it has become so crappy. Target is a prefered store for us now.

20. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Well I was able to find an odd situation today...

I saw the old Clone Wars animated figures at Target today they were dusty and from what I could tell were in the stock room for some time.

I went to scan them and the reader said something like "not on file" or something like that.

I went to customer service and they finally found the old inforamtion on these.

The price was $3.28 each so I grabbed them up. :)

Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan-Kenobi, Mace Windu, Yoda, Clone Trooper, and Durge

I didn't have any of these so I figure I better grab them.

I think I got a good deal.

Also they had a Bossk and Dengar from the the Saga collection? I think that was the line name.

I left them there. If anyone is interested I could go back and grab them.

21. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    That was a good find there Chris. They must have cleaned out some warehouse room or something. Those figures were from a few yrs ago. I got a lot of them on clearance a couple yrs ago for like a 1.97 each.

To think I was going to try and get you not to go to Target. lol

22. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Wow, what a bizarre find. The weirdest find I ever had was kind of similar. It was at the Framingham WalMart right when the original SAGA wave (blue cards/post AOTC) came out. I stopped there on a hunt and found a TPM Maul and Jar Jar Binks. The really bizarre thing is that this store had just opened a month earlier, 3 years AFTER TPM came out.

I wasn't a real big fan of that animated CW line. I thought Hasbro kind of cheaped out on it. Ended up only getting the Obi-Wan, Yoda, Clone and Grevious.

23. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    Just prior to the EPIII madness release my little brother picked up the AOTC 12' Dooku for me and they still had the Clone Wars gunship up until Janurary of last year.

24. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I was able to pick up the Palpatine vs Mace Windu today at Wal Mart on clearance for 10 bucks.

Still waiting for the Jedi Starfighters and other vehicles to go clearance.

I will have a few items I am bringing to the meet I have promised to get some of you guys.

25. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I have a couple clone troopers for ya Chris. Still haven't found a Scorch for ya Aaron but I am on the case for ya.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.