main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars = Comedy

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by scuiggefest, Jun 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scuiggefest

scuiggefest Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    It has come to my attention today that other people might not feel that Star Wars is primarily a comedy movie. Some People in the thread on why they like Star Wars because of the Story.

Am I the only one who likes it because it doesn't have a story? Or at least not enough of a story to get in the way of the super-cool very funny scenes in the movies? I think I've been thinking of Star Wars wrong for the past 14 years.

edit/ title on request

2. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    i think its dead serious, but hey thats my opinion.

I think it was to be watched with people wondering about certain aspects, however to have those answers asked in the next scene or so.

Also it develops on some ideas, and then twists them around, for example Luke, Vader and Leia being related.

But hey i must say, its bias, if you are a faan caus u think its funny, so be it :)

Jedi Benji, Benji Has Spoken!! :D

3. classixboy

classixboy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    It's totally imprecise to say it's completely one or the other, comedy OR serious drama.

The tone is modulated throughout the entire saga: sometimes is comic, sometimes it's dead serious. And sometimes it's a space fantasy. Sometimes it's a chivalric romance. Sometimes it's a detective story.

So, rather than pigeon-hole Star Wars as one specific genre, it's more appropriate to talk about the many DIFFERENT genres that it encompasses.

4. scuiggefest

scuiggefest Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    OK thanks for replying - I'd wish the title wasn't so long and annoying.. .

5. Da_Joker

Da_Joker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2003
    I'd have to agree with you.

Star Wars is cheesy yet very funny! If Yoda was a sith, wouldn't he train

If Yoda [face_laugh] teachings to Luke's students

6. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    well,I think it's serious in my opinion.but it does have comic releif parts :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.