main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ohio STAR WARS Comes To TOLEDO!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediFrankenstein, Jul 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediFrankenstein

JediFrankenstein Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2001
    The SW: MAGIC OF MYTH Exhibit opens in Toledo, at the Toledo Museum of Art, on AUGUST 5th!
    The first Special Guest will be DOUG CHIANG on their opening weekend!
    Toledo's one of only FIVE places in the US that's getting this Exhibit...dont miss it!
    Tickets are on sale NOW!

Toledo Museum
    edit: fixing link

2. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Oh, cool! I didn't know Chiang would be there!
    Which days exactly will he be there?

3. JediFrankenstein

Jul 10, 2001
    ONE day and ONE talk! Sunday, Aug.5th ay 1pm in the Little Theater at TMA. Seating limited to 176, so get your ticket NOW! :-}

JF

4. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    In case anyone else is wondering, I called the Museum for some more info.

Tickets for non-members are $7.00 and can't be ordered online. (Regular tickets to the Exhibit can be, though.) The lady I spoke to said there were about 160 seats left, but recommended reserving them sometime this week.

Again, thanks for mentioning the event, JediFrankenstein! I'm not sure I'll be able to go, but I would have been mad if I had missed it because I didn't know about it!

5. JediFrankenstein

Jul 10, 2001
    No problem, glad to be of service. There was a pretty good article about the Exhibit in yesterday's (Sunday) Blade and the excitement 'round here is really growing.

JF

6. JediFrankenstein

Jul 10, 2001
    Please don't forget that Paul Huston, ILM digital matte artist (AND he was a model maker for the Original Trilogy!) will be speaking at the TMA on Saturday, September 22nd. Another rare opportunity to hear about Star Wars from the inside.

Information is at: http://www.toledomuseum.org/exhibitions.html

JF

7. JediFrankenstein

Jul 10, 2001
    Star Wars: The Magic of Myth" Program Cancellation

Paul Huston, Digital Matte artist at Industrial Light and Magic, has canceled his Saturday, September 22nd "Star Wars" lecture at the Toledo Museum of Art.

8. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Do you think they will reschedule the guest? I know some people were pretty excited about it.

9. JediFrankenstein

Jul 10, 2001
    We are very disappointed too, but completely understand. If there's any chance of rescheduling, we'll persue it and let everybody know.

As of right now, Steve Sansweet's arrival here on Oct.7th is still on track. Should be pretty exciting.

JF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.