So NV Star Wars Comics

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by DarthDarkstar, May 16, 2007.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. DarthDarkstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello old friends (and some I have never met)

I came out of hiding to tell you about the comic book "Star Wars Legacy". It is simply amazing. I am in love with this new series. As many of you may not know, I have gotten back into comic books and go to my local comic book store every two weeks. After many months of wanting to get into a Star Wars comic, I picked up the first seven issues of Legacy. It takes place 150 years after the OT and focuses on a new kind of Skywalker. The last remaining Skywalker, Cade is his name, has abadoned the Force and turned his back on his Jedi ways and has joined a group of mercenaries and pirates to become a fierce bounty hunter. But as always, the Force has a way of brining its own back. At the end of the seventh issue, Cade is faced with a decision and eventually picks up a lightsaber again and rushes into battle.

Its thrilling. The new Sith villians are pretty cool, and the Jedi are pretty cool as well. If Cade wasn't such a cool character, this overall story would feel slightly rehased from the OT, but its fresh enough that it doesn't make you feel like its a direct rip off.

But overall, I loved it. After all, it is Star Wars, and I think that is one thing we all have in common here in the boards. So if you get a chance, go to your local comic book store and pick it up. Tell em Darkstar sent you and you'll get a 0% discount.

~Peace out
    Darth Darkstar
  2. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Darth Darkstar lives!!!! There is hope yet for our empire.
  3. Axia_Doneeta Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yes Star Wars Legacy is one frigging awesome series, I just read issue 11 today. I absolutely love this series. Its fantastic. An absolute MUST READ for any Star Wars fan.
  4. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    think it is still possible to get issue 1 from a store?
  5. Axia_Doneeta Jedi Knight

star 3
    As of yesterday it was, Comic Oasis had at least one copy there that I saw. Also there is a trade paperback that has been recently released collecting the first several issues. Comic Oasis also had that in stock. Go get em man. I dont know about you but when Im reading a really good Star Wars story I can almost hear it in my head, this is one of those stories.
  6. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    sweetness...where is this comic oasis you speak of?
  7. Axia_Doneeta Jedi Knight

star 3
    sorry took me so long to respond. Cheyenne and Rainbow in the Wallmart shopping center
  8. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    that's WAY too far for me...i'll have to try and find something closer.
  9. Axia_Doneeta Jedi Knight

star 3
    Go there on Sunday, you'll be 2 blocks away
  10. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    this is true...and i do get paid this week....i'll be later than normal than for the game
  11. DarthDarkstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Stop crying and just go there, you'll be pleased. The Comic is so good.
  12. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    i'm going to go on sunday....being as i have to go out to that side of town anyhow.
  13. DarthDarkstar Jedi Master

star 4
  14. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I got the trade paperback....which include issues 1,2,3,5,6,and 7....but not 4 for some reason....and then i picked up 9,10,11,12 and today picked up 4 and 7...cause well 7 has the awesome Luke Skywalker in his ghost blue form so had to get that....everywhere i've gone in town has NOT had issue 8 :( but yes i did get them...also got a comic called Y The last man.
  15. Darth-Kevin-Thomas Force Ghost

star 5
    Star Wars Dark times is cool. It's only about 3 issues in I think. Legacy is sweet. Good call for picking up that one. I get my comics from Maximum comics on Ft Apatche and Tropicana. It's probably the best comic book store i've even been into.

dkt
  16. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    apparently if i want to collect comics i need to live on the west side of town....cause that apparently is where th emajority of the shops are...where as i live on the complete opposite side of the valley.
  17. DarthDarkstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Excellent man. I have always wanted to read Y.... I bought over 300 comics last year. I love comics.... its an expensive hobby though.
  18. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    300 comics...wow where do you keep them all??? or do you sell them when you're done?
  19. DarthDarkstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Sell them? You're a silly little janky.... No, I kept them in my room (3 boxes of them), then when the semester ended I mailed the three boxes to my parents house so they can keep them with all my old comics I used to collect as a kid. I haven't sold one comic to date.
  20. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    wow...why'd you mail them at the end of the semester??? why not just hold on to them? and your parents are really nice to store all your comics for you lol
  21. Axia_Doneeta Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sell comics? Are you mad? It is a rather expensive hobby though, which is why I only buy Star Wars comics, but god I miss the other stuff.
  22. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    i have a lot of star wars comics...if i count the ones that SOMEONE gave me in the .cbr format.
  23. Darth-Kevin-Thomas Force Ghost

star 5
    What part of town do you live on? Me and my wife got back into comics and after about a year we have three boxes full

dkt
  24. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    i live out in henderson. there's a new comic book shop that just opened up a few weeks ago that's pretty close to me but their selection isn't very large although they do carry star wars legacy and Y The Last Man. which are the 2 that i've started reading.
  25. DarthDarkstar Jedi Master

star 4
    I sent them home because I live in a dorm room, which is not very big and not nearly big enough for me to hold all my comics. Someday when I get settled down I'll get all my comics, by which I will have a lot more. I love me my comics.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby