Lou, KY Star Wars Comics

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by CITIZEN_SKYWALKER, May 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CITIZEN_SKYWALKER Jedi Knight

Doesn't anyone around here collect comics? Because some folks were telling me to pick up Star Wars: Infinites, and I can't find it anywhere.

For those who don't know; Star Wars: Infinites was a series that worked off of the premise that Luke didn't destroy the Death Star, and Leia was recruited to work as Vader's right hand woman. The consequences of which is what was explored.

Just wanted to know if anyone knows where I could find it in Louisville. Since, I just got back from Lexington.
  2. Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus

star 4
    You might try The Great Escape or Comic Book World, but if you can't find the single issues any more don't worry, they'll be coming out with a collected paperback edition within the next month or so. They're also going to be doing an Infinities title for the Empire Strikes Back (even though the whole trilogy was covered in the New Hope series), coming out in July I believe.
  3. jediknightcox Jedi Knight

Here in Elizabethtown, I did see the collected paperback comic version. I went back a few days later and it was gone...I'll keep my eyes open for you and if I see it again..I'll get it for you.
  4. Darth_Askew Jedi Knight

I bought the individal issues when they came out and loved 'em. Looking forward to ESB Infinites, which starts up sometime in the next month or so.

If you can't find 'em at Great Escape or Comic Book World, try the Zone in St. Matthews (in the old Sears Bldg), Pulp Heroes (over in Clarksville near Value City) or Potatoe Man's Ballcards and Comics (off Southern Parkway). Oh geez, I forgot about the Book & Music Exchange on Poplar Level!! They might still have the original issues out on the stands at cover price since they keep recent stuff out longer.

Of course, the collected edition will be at most bookstores and Amazon.com. Good luck.

5. Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus

star 4
    So what's everyone's favorite series so far?

I have to say that I've been very impressed with the ongoing monthly title. I also like the Jango Fett series that's going on right now.

And I can't WAIT for "Empire" starting this fall!
  6. Darth_Askew Jedi Knight

Since I collected 'em when they came out, my favourite series is the original Marvel series.

There were so many good stories in there!

Crimson Jack
    The Wheel
    The Tagge Family
    Shira Brie

If you can find 'em cheap, they're heartily recommended!!

I haven't gotten a lot of the Dark Horse stuff, so can anyone recommend any of that series' stories?

Drew2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.